Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Drive in theater

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rmorris, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Coalshaft

Coalshaft

Remember watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre with my 1st wife In my 68 Mustang GT 428 CJ 4 speed That I bought from my cousin for $400........ Wish I had that one back...

rmorris likes this.
  2. Your 1st wife?

wraymen and rmorris like this.
  3. The other kind
    [​IMG]

rmorris likes this.
  4. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Many years ago , ride the hand jammer to the drive in and car hop restaurants. Meet the girls and enjoy the movie and a snack !

rmorris likes this.
  5. 03GMCSonoma

03GMCSonoma

Here is the link to The Asshole Song by Jimmy Buffet. Enjoy.

rmorris likes this.
  6. 1ton

1ton

I remember mom, changing me on the tailgate of the 59 chevy wagon at the Cascade drive in. That was 1961 in West Chicago, Il. This place is still open and is currently playing "closed for the season". Been going there every warm summer night since. My grown kids love the place and now bring their kids. Sure, I've got some stories to tell, but the best one is the fact that the snack bar has not changed one bit. Still has the baby bottle warmers in the corner and the hot dogs appear the be vintage 1961 but now they cost five bucks. Pizza puff anyone?

7. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

My, what year were you potty trained? :)

8. southcross2631

southcross2631

I had a 57 Rambler station wagon . All my buddies wanted to borrow it to go to the drive in.
    With the front seat down and the back seat down it was bed from the steering wheel to the tailgate.
    They all called it the mobile motel room.

9. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Ramble on.
    [​IMG]

10. BJR

BJR

The original 2 bedroom Rambler.

11. Hanoi Jane.

12. A couple in Omaha got Permits and zoning rights to build a brand new one with a "Nostalgic" look and 3 screens. Right now our little town has one of the two that are still in use. Once the last one in Council Bluffs IA closed, ours was the closest to Omaha. While I'm excited to see people willing to invest in the new one, I hope it doesn't kill ours off.

13. rmorris

rmorris

My dream job at the drive in would have been the security guy with the flashlight checking the steamed up windows to see if there was any trouble