Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs NEED SOME HELP - SENT MONEY - NO ITEM SENT

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 6cylindersovertexas, Feb 17, 2018.

1. 6cylindersovertexas

6cylindersovertexas

Trying to help a friend so I posted an ad for a friend. Ad was answered to my friend and monies sent to the seller by my friend. So far no item has been received.
    I have a name and phone number of the seller, a H.A.M.B. Member. Money has been sent, item has not been received. What can we do?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. ring gap

ring gap

I assume you've called the seller???? What did they say???

3. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Time frame here?

ring gap likes this.
  4. Exactly what has been stated plus did the seller receive the payment?

5. 6cylindersovertexas

6cylindersovertexas

Seller will not answer two different phone numbers I have. Both numbers go to message. Seller is a new member that just joined. Money sent approximately February 1, 2018 from local Wal-Mart to Wall-Mart in Seller's city.

6. 33 cdan man

33 cdan man

You are screwed!!!! Kiss the money goodbye. There are numerous thread here that deal with this same thing....the Walmart scam.

7. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

How many posts had that "new member" made since he joined the HAMB? Chances are that money is gone. Funds thru Walmart is one of the biggest red flags, along with being a new member. Search for Scam threads.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. I think you just bought someone lunch, beer and cigarettes plus probably more.

partsdawg likes this.
  9. Sorry

Lots of posts lately of scams involving Walmart and western union money transfers

I got screwed a few years back here on the HAMB , same scenario as your . Money sent via western union and that was the last I heard from the d-bag

Same MO as you new member , no posts etc.

Sorry dude I would say you got bamboozeled

10. Come on! You guys gotta get smarter than that!

11. I'm afraid your friend is the victim of a scam,wall mart to wall mart and just joined screams scam. HRP

12. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

I listed some items recently in the classifieds and had two people contact me that had only joined the forum the same day they contacted me. Many forums have settings that don't allow newbies to send personal messages to other members until they reach a certain number of posts. Maybe the same should be done here.

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well in CN-Dude's case they may have found his add via google and joined to be ale to contact him but that question should be easy to get an answer for.

On the other hand I have agree that the Walmart to Walmart money transfer stinks of scammer. Give me a street address that I can send a post office money order to if you are legit and don't take paypal.

14. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

No, I don't think so. There are so many threads on this shit, that it's common knowledge that, Walmart transfer and new member, equate to scam. My friends and I have a running joke on this shit. BOHICA, baby!

Flathead Dave and Texas Webb like this.
  15. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

It's hard to believe that people who are otherwise intelligent continue to fall for these scams.
    Goodbye money :rolleyes:

5window, cretin and WiredSpider like this.
  16. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

wow does the wal mart money order scam alert have to be posted at the top of the front page so people will read it and stop falling for it , geesh some where a Nigerian prince sits infront of his lap top in a dark cafe rubbing his palms together , and heads off for a nearby wal mart , while thinking maybe i will sell a near mint 32 deuce coupe owned by a little old lady for $2000 , send payment by wal mart money gram , my shipper will deliver in a week guarenteed

6-bangertim and tfeverfred like this.
  17. oj

oj

Sounds like it went thru the 'Wanted' section, that section is feeding grounds for the worst kind of thief: one that purposely lies to steal from you. The guy is on there right now looking for another victum, his name etc is changed but this is his feeding ground and we're easy targets.

18. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

No....."WE" .... are not easy targets. People who don't pay attention are easy targets.

19. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Does it have a title?

CornfieldPerformance and czuch like this.
  20. greyfoxxca

greyfoxxca

I appreciate that you guys are correct but please understand that we all are new at some time. I have just joined for the classifieds and technical posts. Do not post much myself. Great ideas on the board.
    george

Poh and pat59 like this.
  21. henry29

henry29

There really needs to be a rule with minimum of 100 post and at least a month before a member can list something in the classifieds.

X38 likes this.
  22. Sadly it's not Nigerians but sorry,worthless pieces of excrement that make a living ripping people off.

The Hamb is a huge family and if you take the time to ask questions prior to making a purchase you can avoid 99 percent of the ripoff artist.

Maybe I've been lucky but if I don't know the guy I check his profile, long time members never throw up red flags. HRP

hotrodharry2 and ct1932ford like this.
  23. 0nedon

0nedon

I am pretty new to this site and when I first joined ( found a 36 coupe) I had big visions and not a lot of knowledge. I watched the classifieds looking for a deal-- found one and HE found me. I wont go into paticulars but Ryan dealt with it quickly. I have found most guys here are here to help any way they can, but beware the scammers are everywhere the good guys are trying to take advantage of the good members reputation and especially the newbes. Old rule" measure twice cut once". In other words think about it over nite--and even make a post before going through with the deal. I've learned to slow down and ask questions.

24. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I do not want a USPS money order or any other important paper work sitting in my mailbox when it can be in my P.O. box safe and sound until I get it .

25. wvenfield

wvenfield

Post a general area. Find 5-6 Hambers in the area that are nearby. Send them the address. Have them go knock on the door.

I did this once. I got my money back real quick. (Wasn't here but a motorcycle board).

Send them money for a case of beer.

moparjimd60 likes this.
  26. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well. that does not work with the Walmart or Western Union scams. The scumbag could tell the seller he lives right down the street or in Buttcrack, KS but it does not matter. The pigeon gives up the cash at a Walmart or Western Union and the scumbag can pick it up anywhere in the country or the world for that matter. No questions asked.

27. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Great advice for all. Don't jump to fast .

28. What was the item, I seen an Offenhauser breather that seemed fishy ?

29. Anybody want to buy a bridge in Brooklyn???just happen to have one,,CHEEEEEEEEP..... LOL