Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Drive in theater

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rmorris, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Paradise by the dashboard lights! :) HRP

rmorris and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. After 40+ years I still crack up when I hear "Hey, man - you got a rod - er - I mean a crowbar or somethin'..." or "Fuchie Cabesta - it must be a cloudburst."

rmorris, Johnny Gee and Chrisbcritter like this.
  3. 03GMCSonoma

03GMCSonoma

Got laid for the first time. We were married 44 years 3 months.

61cad and rmorris like this.
  4. phoneman

phoneman
    from Missouri

My very first job as a teen. Sold tickets, cleaned the grounds during the day. Always had unopened beer that got tossed so as to not risk bringing it home. I seldom payed much attention to whatever movie was playing. The first night we had the movie "A Bridge to Far" I decided to watch it. I told the owner I could not follow what was going on. He told me the next day he had the reals in the wrong order and I was the only one to say anything. It was a good job for a teen.

BJR, JOYFLEA and Chrisbcritter like this.
  5. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

When I was a junior in high school I when to the 69 Drive in with my new girl friend, after a while of necking and pranking around, she asked me if I wanted to get in the back seat, I said no! More smooching and such she asked me again “you wanna get in the back seat? “ I said No! She ask why? ........I said I wanna stay up here with you! Bones

BJR and Chrisbcritter like this.
  6. 1965: Borrowed my mom's 55 olds to take a date to the local drive in. We were snugglin and kissin when one of us knocked the hydramatic shifter out of reverse [park] into neutral. I felt the car begin to coast down the little hill and cars behind me began to honk. I reached down with my hand to hit the brake, illuminating the stop lights, bringing even more honks! By the time I got the damned car back up it's little ramp, everybody was honking!
    55olds.jpg

7. A friend once asked if we wantedto go to the Virginia drive in (a small town here, without a drive-in). We were puzzled, but as it involved cars and beer, we said "Yes". He drives to the local football oval, parks right in the middle, goes around to the trunk and gets out a portable black&white TV, plonks it on the hood ,facing the windscreen, plugs it into the lighter socket, turns on the TV, and says "there you go, the Virginia drive-in". We drank beer and watched TV, seated in the comfort of his old shit-box!

wraymen and rmorris like this.
  8. exterminator

exterminator

LOLLLLLL

9. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

My drive in experience goes back to before I even had a car, or at least a running one. The local drive in shared a cyclone fence with the local junkyard. So on the weekends my pals and I (and Schlitz malt) would hop the junkyard fence and carry car seats up to the drive in fence. Then we'd get someone inside to turn up a couple speakers near the fence. Maybe even make a snack bar run if we paid in beer. Good times.

10. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Never go to the drive-in with a gallon jar of ice, a quart of grapefruit juice and a pint of Everclear. They make you pay for all the speakers you run over on the way out.

11. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Don't blame the booze. You seen the movie Signs that evening and tried making a crop circle on the way out.

12. Bones,that hilarious! HRP

13. When I was visiting my pal Rene' a few weeks ago he told me about his 17 year old brother that had borrowed his mom's Dodge one Saturday night to take a girl to the drive in theater in the early 60's.

As the story goes the young lady that was his date for the evening had a questionable reputation and he got lucky...but the story doesn't end there.

Sunday morning rolled around and Rene's mom woke up and fixed the normal breakfast before everyone got dressed for Church and the family of six climbed into the 4 door Dodge,as they were getting settled in for the trip across town Rene's mother told his dad to turn on the heat and as the temperature warmed up she ask what on earth is that smell?

It seems that the heated interlude the previous evening had permeated the mohair and captured some essence of passion which still lingered and the heater just exacerbated the aroma.

I am told it didn't take Rene's dad long to figure out the scent and his eye's stayed fixed on the rear view mirror on his eldest son in the backseat.

After they returned home from church and had diner Rene's dad took his older brother outside for a talk and within the next hour his older brother was cleaning the seats in the car,

I am told Rene' and the other 2 siblings were considerably younger and totally oblivious.

Rene's dad had told his wife the kids had stopped at the Shinning Tower and got a couple of fish plates to take to the drive in because they were running late and that's what she smelled and the eldest prodigy was outside cleaning up what had been spilled.

I don't know if she believed that or not but it sure makes for a good story. HRP

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    Petejoe likes this.
  14. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Danny, now that’s a good one.
    I had a tear in the front bench seat of my 64 Chevy when I was dating my wife.
    We never could remove that smell from the car.

15. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Thanks!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  16. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nope, remember the movie. "Hot Rods To Hell". Terrible acting by some pneumatic blond and Dana Andrews but pretty good cars.

Johnny Gee likes this.
  17. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Oh, you scene mirrors and not speaker poles.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  18. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

After 44+ years, you finally got laid? I'm glad you kept trying.

rmorris likes this.
  19. 3340

Yup about 1960 had a blind date, pick her up in my 52 Chevy hard top ,on the way to the drive in she put her shoes on my dashboard, I was fuming I ask her not to do that again, she was put out, arrive at the drive in and I found her girl friend with her boyfriend so I park next to them it was pretty quiet so the girls decided to go to the concession as soon as they were out of site, I said so long and haul ass, needless to say I never seen them again

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. 3340

2bubbas likes this.
  21. ochamsrasor

ochamsrasor
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ah yes, just remembering cleanning the foot prints off the headliner!

rmorris likes this.
  22. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

23. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

there is a drive-in theater just outside of Jefferson. Still in operation. Unfortunately, the owner is not a car buff, so he rebukes attempts to organize an old car night or a car show.

But I go a few times each summer. Always in an old car and usually trying to fit the movie genre. It is a good time and allows me to escape to a better place.

Hwy 18 Drive-In . If you ever get the urge, please reach out.

24. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

69 drive in;)
    I can't believe all you perverts passed up this opportunity.

25. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

They say memory is the first thing to go......:D

Ray

26. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

69, that's traditional. 96 that's something else. Let the vision's begin.

27. That is actually puchy que pesta. Puchy is chicano for a cat and que pesta is stinky. If you catch my drift.

We're just here together. Well we're not together mang, we're gonna pick up some chicks on the inside.

Please leave out the exits and don't forget the speakers. :D

I went to the drivein in Independence Kansas in the '70s. Don't remember what was playing, I was driving a '66 Grand Prix, we wiggled the car around so we could have two speakers one on each side, stereo man. Well we managed to get really twisted before we left and didn't notice that we had both speakers until we got about 10 miles up the road.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    Johnny Gee likes this.
  28. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

03GMC, I understand what you said, some here don’t, me 35 years and 2 months. Hang in there bro. Bones

29. BJR

BJR

Back in the day I knew a girl who was an expert on motel ceilings.

30. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

The vertical numeral vs the horizontal numeral?