Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Rodder's Journal offering Lifetime offer again

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lothiandon1940, Feb 15, 2018.

1. In case you missed the opportunity a couple of years ago, The Rodder's Journal is offering Lifetime Memberships again. Check it out on their website. All the cool kids are Lifers.:D;)

2. You get to wear one of these to all of your favorite Hot-Rod functions.:D 20171213_164410.jpg

lothianwilly71, oj, LOU WELLS and 2 others like this.
  3. You get a complete "Goody Package".:) 8cba0f28-3456-4450-bedc-df9acfe808f9.jpg

4. When I got mine, it was only $200. A ridiculously low price. I figured at $50 a year for a regular subscription , it would pay for itself in 4 years. Little more than halfway there now. At $350, it'll take 7 years. Still an outstanding offer if you plan to subscribe anyway.

LOU WELLS and lothiandon1940 like this.

5. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I’m one of the original lifetime members and I think it was a great deal. :cool:
    Especially since I got it for quite a bit less than the current offer. :)

Murphy32 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. I got in a couple of years ago during the $200 offer as well. It was like , "How could I say no!!"

7. I tried to get the deal when it was $200, but I missed out.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

Hey guys, I hope this isn’t a bad Omen. I’m a TRJ lifer and every time I joined before (other rags or groups) they went belly up. Just sayin’. The Rodders Journal is the finest rag on the shelf. Keep ur fingers crossed. K.K.O.A IS STILL KICKIN. I’m an optimist.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

lothiandon1940 and Happydaze like this.
  9. It's a crap shoot for sure. Everyone has to make their decision based on their particular situation. If I had not gotten in on the $200 deal a couple of years ago I likely would not do the $350 deal now. If they continue to publish for a good number of years and you're a youngster, it could be a great deal.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    lothianwilly71 and Lou kriger like this.
  10. I bought it and hope they are around for long time too come.

11. Interesting.....I wonder what the reasoning is behind this. Do they need an influx of money/cash flow issues? I get the subscription two years at a time and hope this offer is a loyal reader benefit and that's it....but I think this is the third time in two years? I missed the 200/year but will pass on this one....No offence inferred, I'm just analytical at times....

clem, lothiandon1940 and Fordors like this.
  12. I am also among the members here that jumped at the chance to get the Rodders Journal at the 200 dollar price,it's always a crap shoot but at the normal subscription rate of 50 bucks a year it was a bargain,even for a old fart. :D HRP

13. ...................I think it's up to $60 now, Danny, or close to it, so that $200 deal looks even better now.:)

lothianwilly71 likes this.
  14. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

First off, thanks for the kind words everyone. Rodder's Journal wouldn't be where it is today without all of your support. We have a very specific plan that we'll be putting into motion very soon. We know you're going to like it, and there's a chance we'll have an update on it as soon as next week. Stay tuned!

oj, Scooterville, lilmann and 6 others like this.
  15. I wanted to thank you guys for the 50 dollar gift certificate I received from you recent photo contest. HRP

16. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Best think about having the lifetime subscription is that I don't have to remember to send in the subscription payment every year. I was one of those who had sent in the request that got in after the first batch sold out so fast. That and I don't have to drive 60 miles to get it at the closest Barnes & Nobel .

lothiandon1940 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  17. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

Thanks for the heads up...sweet deal...

18. 2935ford

2935ford

It's a cash pump for the mag (and a good marketing tool)......money up front, right away.
    As mentioned, hope they hang in there for years to come!

19. verde742

verde742

I would like to sell ALL mine and I have several duplicates, All in perfect shape.

start conversation? touch "big Red"

20. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Years back I bought something that came with a lifetime guarantee . When I inquired about it he said " Yours or mine whoever goes first ".

Irish Mike, clem and lothiandon1940 like this.
  21. WTF really

WTF really

I would do that old $200.00 deal but to big of a risk for me to do this one.

22. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

Sign up your grand children............Get a hell of a deal and intro new blood into Hot rodding
    [And borrow the subscription from them]

23. verde742

verde742

Not that its the same, but I recall the Tex Smith fiasco, big push for subscription, one month later he stopped publishing the mag..

I called and he was so flippant :" he said win a few, lose a few," I was so pissed I drove to Idaho from Washington State to get a pound of flesh.
    Ended up liking the SOB....(rip)

24. slug

slug

I did the 200 dollar deal and never looked back......and I'm an old fart. Wish they would revive a show again.

Lou kriger, D-Russ and lothiandon1940 like this.
  25. Yea I just missed the 200.00 deal too. Ya win some ya loose some. But 350.00? I don't know that we'll both be around that long.:eek:

26. Heck,your only 50 years old and I sure hope your not planing on checking out within the next 6 years,nothing is guaranteed. HRP

WTF really likes this.
  27. Never2old

Never2old
    from so cal

How many issues per year?

28. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

29. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

No problem HRP. WE didn’t even have to get the Russian’s involved. The Staff @ TRJ are quite capable of eyeing a great ride, I’m just glad that they didn’t see your Mugshot post. Could have been trouble. Jus funnin with ya. Have a good evening.

30. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

I got into that one too. Even got the (custom car’s) t-shirt. 4 issues later they wanted to make it right by giving me the same issues. Next one was Rod&Custom. They wanted to make it right by giving me the balance-of the subscription, with a four wheel drive Rag. No thanks, sent a check for the balance. I think that was Yee publishing. Any how, TRJ’s staff seem to be top notch, Steve Coonin seems to be a stand up guy. Maybe The curse is broken.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.