Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects American Motors Build for the Southeast Gassers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HEMIBERT, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I like the top one too! It fits the name and sets the theme.

loudbang likes this.
  2. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

The top one I like also. The lighter blue does not pull away from the name like the dark blue does. I would move rose up on the door between American and Women.

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

micamountain and loudbang like this.
  3. "Rita's Rambling Riveter"

loudbang likes this.
  4. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Tell me about the motor you pulled out.

loudbang likes this.
  5. Flathead 6. Fresh ring job, new bearings. New valves and valve job. Aluminum dual carb head. Petronics ignition. Less than 1 mile on engine. Not even broken in yet. Dual stick, electric overdrive transmission...w IM015360.JPG IM015361.JPG IM015363.JPG IM015362.JPG IM015368.JPG orks? IM015360.JPG IM015361.JPG IM015363.JPG

6. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Thats crazy. Do you still have it?

loudbang likes this.
  7. Yes, I was kinda holding on to it for a street rod maybe. Don't know. My plans don't work out very often.

loudbang likes this.
  8. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Ha ha, I hear that. I had a 61 Rambler 2 door wagon I wanted to build a sleeper car out of but it never happened.

loudbang likes this.
  9. The swoopy paint lines and the chrome-look lettering look awfully new for 1967. Just my cheap 2 cents. I know it'll be a nice build....just sayin'. Love the Barracuda!

loudbang likes this.
  10. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

This is funny I just sent them a message saying the exact same thing, great minds think alike LOL.

loudbang likes this.
  11. The chrome paint look was just something the artist put on it just to be putting it on. I agree that the chrome look isn't period correct and I don't like it anyway. Chrome look is and was never an option. The colors and Rosie will stay! The scheme is the question. There are no real body lines to follow, the sides are smooth, except for the rocker panels. The whole car is a curve. Maybe that's why nobody gassered them, the paint lines kept curving!

catdad49 and loudbang like this.
  12. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Move Rosie to the fender like nose art.

scotty t and loudbang like this.
  13. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Agreed on the colors and Rosie, Might be right on the round body being hard to follow. My willys was round and it looked OK with the panel paint style.

loudbang likes this.
  14. Thanks Quain, might be second race before paint anyway. We're busting butt as it is right now. Any word on testing anywhere?

loudbang likes this.
  15. We're looking at that too. Rita has final say. She reminds me daily that it's her car and she's the driver!

catdad49, loudbang and saltflats like this.
  16. Zak Hall

Zak Hall

243CB5D9-12DC-4E7B-99BC-34BCB676157B.jpeg What about a panel layout like this?

17. Our own form of March Madness! 3-24-18 and I still think we'll make it. We have a lot of time off from work from now til 4-13-18. If it was easy, everyone would do it. MADNESS1.JPG MADNESS2.JPG MADNESS3.JPG

18. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

Go man go!!!

loudbang likes this.
  19. AHotRod

AHotRod

It's awesome!

loudbang likes this.
  20. Hang'emHigh

Hang'emHigh

Can't wait for this car to make some passes!

loudbang likes this.
  21. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Ya know... W/the slanted B & C posts, a color scheme like the Javelin2 funny would work. Red in front, white on the B & C posts(following the same slanted angle to the bottom of rocker panel & wheel opening), blue on the rear from the C post back. Rosie the Riveter (flexing muscle) near the slicks(in the white area), & American Woman in front of that in the red(maybe w/a some subtle "speed-lines" coming off of the name??). I think the darker blue would work a bit better w/this pattern, as the white area would show off Rosie. Not sure of the exact time frame you're shooting for, but candy-colors(red n blue)effect w/some lace or fish-scales/etc, would be neat. 'Course, some ghost-type psychedelic paint would be interesting... :D , but that's probably ~ 7 years era too late... ;( .

That neat little hot-rod Nash 6 mill/trans needs to be showcased in a small bucket/touring. Hopefully in a Nash, but it seems the "family" goes back prior from Ajax, LaFayette, & (originally) Jeffery. Good luck w/finding those, but what a neat ride!
    Marcus...

Fiddle Picker and loudbang like this.
  22. Rambler will have to miss Shady Side. Got the engine fired a while ago and found we have a cracked head. Just ported too far I guess.

Fiddle Picker and loudbang like this.
  23. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

24. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

That's too bad!! Get'r done!

loudbang likes this.
  25. Trefl

Trefl

I'm staggered with this thread. I'm sure that You'll finish up on time. Really love the cage and the dash :)

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

26. catdad49

catdad49

Get it right, then run like heck! This one will be Special.

loudbang and Dog_Patch like this.
  27. Hate to hear that. Good you found it in the garage.

loudbang likes this.
  28. Fiddle Picker

Fiddle Picker

I know the feeling !! crunched my transmission last nite on a very soft test run. Bummer on both counts. I know Rita was looking as forward to it as I was.

loudbang likes this.
  29. Yes, we are both terribly disappointed. At least it was at home. Looks like some of the epoxy in the intake ports gave way. Really nice set of heads, just old. Barracuda will be there though. Sorry to hear about your transmission. Better now than at speed hitting 3rd!

loudbang and Fiddle Picker like this.
  30. catdad49

catdad49

^^Sorry, Guys!

loudbang likes this.