Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. 'Mo

'Mo

Looks great, and the stance is perfect!
    Moose! You're an asset to the human race. Thanks a hundred!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    themoose likes this.
  2. themoose likes this.
  3. 'Mo

'Mo

True, that. It can't be as easy as he makes it look.
    Why, just to find a Sombrero at just the right angle took plenty good time!
    "Here. Have it. Drinks on me."
    Moose, you're Okay!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    Rot 'n Kustom and themoose like this.

4. I figured I'd throw a hood on it in a couple of the shots...

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

5. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

cactus1 and justabeater37 like this.
  6. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Much gratitude to TheMoose. The intent is to run a hood, just haven't got it done yet as I may have to bow the sides slightly for clearance. And yes Dick, It is still a tough call.

cactus1 and Animal like this.
  7. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Themoose, can I post your pictures on the build thread for this car?

8. 'Mo

'Mo

This Merc has a sensational de-crowned roof. I can't help but try to imagine it with a corresponding sectioning through the body. Say, 2"? (Just enough to eliminate the dog-leg in the body line.) Any takers?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Animal likes this.
  9. Heck ya!

10. Would be pretty interesting....

sectioned.jpg

kiwijeff and 'Mo like this.
  11. 'Mo

'Mo

Thanks, Moose. That has more impact than I imagined.

Years ago, Sonny Daout told me of a Merc he was building for himself. In addition to the de-crowned roof, it was both chopped AND sectioned. I have often searched in vain for any photos.
    If it does ever emerge, I know it will be awesome, as he also is a customizer of rare talent and vision.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  12. madfish

madfish

Moose, I apologize up front for "borrowing" your image. I was curious to see how the Model T would look in
    different makeup. With all this traditional stuff going on it would be interesting to take it back to the 60's.

model t .jpg

13. Wayne..Looks pretty good to me...

14. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you could make the radius rods black and the windshield posts black that would be awesome. I am having a hard time with the red on red with black suspension and windshield parts. There isn't any budget for chrome unfortunately.

15. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And the tires weren't cheap (Excelsior Stahl Sport Radials) and are here, so blackwalls is what it will be. I know Now I am sounding picky Thanks all.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  16. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You're too good to me, and many others. Thanks a lot.

'Mo and themoose like this.
  17. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2018-2-14_4-19-48.png
    Hey Moose,

Nice depiction of a cool street sleeper. Back in 1961, my brother saw a similar car and immediately started drawing the motor compartment with a couple of inline SBC motors like Lefty Muddersbach's fast FED. It looked nice and neat. Then, he actually measured everything on a real car and said the two inline SBC motors would fit.

So, that was going to be his next backyard project, whether it was "dreamsville" or getting down to it, I still remember the look on his face when I told him, "OK, lets get started." Both motors would be set up the same and would drop right into the huge motor compartment, one at a time.

He had plenty of time during his recovery to write, draw and think of the future projects. He even asked if I thought another Gas Coupe or even an altered roadster would be worth it to start all over again. Wow... but for this twin SBC powered sedan , it would be his craziest idea.

Jnaki

upload_2018-2-14_4-20-40.png
    Of course a couple of sets of headers, a C&O Stick Hydro, a narrowed rear/axles with slicks under the fenders, and a full roll cage inside. The ultimate Bixby Knolls Drive-In cruiser. For the drags, it would probably be in the A/Gas class or some altered sedan class. Everything would fit inside that huge motor compartment and under the hood. Possible?

kiwijeff and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  18. 'Mo

'Mo

Posssible? Certainly!
    Tom McMullen's '32 Roadster was a Hot Rod icon....But how about his tiny, twin-Chevy powered Austin (complete with roof rack)?! https://www.hotrodhotline.com/feature/guestcolumnists/DavidBrackett/09tommcmullen/
    Now, that's a sleeper!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  19. silent rick

silent rick

[​IMG]

how about a color change to dark highland green, the color of steve mcqueen's mustang in bullit.
    including the roof stripes

thanks guys

20. madfish

madfish

21. silent rick

silent rick

22. KustomKreeps

KustomKreeps

Hey I was wondering if I could get some of the gurus magic done to my Hudson. Got to help the better half see that all this cash im spending is totally worth it & I do have a plan in mind to my mayhem. 0.0
    Unsure what images would be best so just chucked a heap in a gallery here:
    https://imgur.com/a/Qob6k

What im looking at doing is:
    • 50 Buick front bumper & grill including the round chrome grill lights. Keeping the Hudsons hood mustache & light up logo. the Grill unit should fit in the hole left from where the Hudsons one was if my measurements are right. It would just cover the top of the hudson indicators.
    • Beehive indicators just under the head lights.
    • louvered hood.
    • Shaved handles, hood ordainment and trunk handle and hudson ord.
    • slight tint to side windows.
    • side pipes - singles not triple(functioning on a cutoff).
    • Lower door/side stainless removed.
    • Stock rear bumper minus the guards. but with a Kaiser overrider. Exhaust either through the bullets or will have backup lights here. Number plate under Kaiser.
    • Sun visor
    • Lowered. Air out is like 3inch. Ride height 5inch.
    • BFG Silvertown white walls with 57 Caddy covers up front. Not sure if I will have pointed bullet or Lancer 4 bar centers (have both)
    • Colour... unsure. White for a bit. then may go primer black. then as for the final colour... not sure. A dark green or cast iron grey or maybe a shiny black. heck even thinking scallops but im open to ideas as long as its not bright.
    Now I know all that is a big ask and would take some time. So even just a few things would be great.
    Open to ideas and suggestions as well.
    More pics can be found on build thread in my sig.

thanks guys
    Alex

kiwijeff likes this.
  23. moparjimd60

moparjimd60

Ok mr moose , they tell me you are the man! Could you please show me my truck with the colors in my head ? I would like the cab,bed,and grill shell In a dark root beer. And fenders , running boards and splash aprons In black. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app[​IMG]

509garyd and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  24. Figured I'd give ya a challenge.... this is a Facel Vega, while the rear looks pretty good, the front and sides could use some love. I wonder if we used GM based cars and too the best of the facel vega and designed maybe what GM would have done in Europe.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

509garyd likes this.
  25. madfish

madfish

I know it's a personal taste, but these are such beautiful cars. I remember seeing a few of them when I lived in LA in the 80's. I'd really hate to see them hot rodded. But then again, this is photoshop and only make believe so here's a version that has been massaged yet keeping the european styling.

facel vega 3.jpg

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    Rot 'n Kustom and themoose like this.
  26. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

27. paint.jpg

kiwijeff, OahuEli and madfish like this.
  28. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One last quick favor, can someone photoshop this scallop pattern in black and possibly a cream onto the red version. Thanks a bunch in advance. F1BF9CC5-4717-47D7-858C-6DACE6DD351F.jpeg 0A2E0612-7743-4AB9-8E88-8E005CC98A88.jpeg

29. moparjimd60

moparjimd60

Thank you for the picture it’s awesome, could you show it with splash aprons in root beer and the body line where the door handle is in black, thank you again this is much better than painting and hoping for the best!

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app[​IMG][​IMG]