Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Can somebody I.d these bucket seats please?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carpunk, Feb 9, 2018.

1. carpunk

carpunk

IMG_0898.JPG IMG_0897.JPG IMG_0896.JPG IMG_0895.JPG IMG_0894.JPG IMG_0893.JPG came with some project stuff but not sure what they are originally from I'm
    Guessing gm?? Due to the reupholstered and added gm logo. They're pretty wide at the front
    Thanks guys

2. The mounts look just like the ones on some impala sliders I got in the garage. I could be wrong but that is what mine look like.

3. 1910 Dupont??????

4. verde742

verde742

They are early Corvairs..

recovered and POORLY

5. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

6. flatford39

flatford39

They are definately Chevrolet by the "Bow tie" emblem on the back. Probably Corvair by the size but could be Corvette. Interesting stitching. Makes me think early vette.

7. 52HardTop

52HardTop

I would say a larger Chevy as they angle in towards the center of the car when they are folded. I have a pair from a Corvair that I put into my 51 convertible. Those fold straight forward as the Corvair is without a console between the seats. My seats have the same hockey stick type trim pieces too. I got mine out of a Corvair from a junk yard full of old cars. The runners under the Corvair seats look the same as those, but, the latch for the seat is on the side and not coming out of the front like those.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  8. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I ID them as Azztinks. 61-64 GM, the Chevy emblem is not OEM, they'd have heat stamped that, but I'd bet a coffee they never did anything like it. My instincts tell me they're everything from a 64 and older full size, and maybe even the 'A' body cars like Chevelle, LeMans, Cutlass.

Gotta stick with Azztinks tho...

egads likes this.
  9. Squablow

Squablow

I think '63 Nova SS used the same seats as the early Corvair as well, and some of the full size GM cars used seats based on the same frames but they had different trim.

10. Squablow

Squablow

65-up Corvair shared the (similar, but slightly narrower) seat frames with 64-65 A-body GM cars, early Corvairs used a wider seat. There's a way to tell the width based on how many seat springs are visible from underneath, but that might not be possible with the current upholstery. Still, a Google search might find that spring count ID method.

11. 1pickup

1pickup

I don't think they are Impala. The stainless trim (I think) went all the way around the backrest. Those look more like Corvairs. Maybe other GMs had the Corvair style trim?

12. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And the lack of release knobs to fold the seat forward indicate early 60's as well. Look a lot like the seats in my 62 Nova, other than the crappy upholstery. The forward adjustment lever is not Nova, I like the corvair suggestion

13. squirrel

squirrel

the seats in the 63 Corvair I had tilted straight forward, not angled like that. Reason being, they were so close together (narrow car) that they'd hit each other if they angled in.

14. carpunk

carpunk

Thankyou everybody
    Obviously they have been recovered so I doubt even the design is o.e but if not corvair then what?
    I know the guy had a tri chevy a biscayne and gullwing impala but that doesn't meen much.

15. carpunk

carpunk

I think ignore all that about bow tie and stiching
    It's clearly been re done to order and do any old gm even have that big logo from the factory??

16. squirrel

squirrel

64 Chevelle, etc would have seats like that. The impalas etc usually had the shiny trim go all the way across the top of the back rest. I had a pair of full size 64 Pontiac seats like that in my 55 Chevy.

A similar design was used on lots of different cars. Why do you need to know what they came from?

17. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

They are not full size impala/ other full size GM. 62-65 had the squared off seat backs with trim over the top. Things changed in ‘66 with the Strato Bucket, which you do not have. As others have said, they look like midsize or smaller GM to me.

Full size buckets:
    [​IMG]

Chevelle:
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

18. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Mid sized Olds or Pontiac. The side trim piece pops on like a Ford Mustang.

19. 29moonshine

29moonshine

x2 on olds pontiac

20. Corvair,Impala,Malibu. HRP

21. carpunk

carpunk

Funny enough they " were" installed in a 57 bel air
    I need to know so I can trade them

22. carpunk

carpunk

A few more pics

Attached Files:

23. squirrel

squirrel

Just call them mid 60s GM mid size bucket seats. If someone wants more than that, send them the pictures of the mounts, etc.

24. metlmunchr

metlmunchr

Don't know what they came from, but whoever recovered them oughta have his scissors and sewing machine confiscated in the interest of preventing ugly.

56premiere likes this.
  25. carpunk

carpunk

So nobody actually knows
    That surprises me

26. carpunk

carpunk

I think the mounts the tilt and hockey sticks must surely narrow it down? They look similar to the red ones pictured
    But I don't know

27. squirrel

squirrel

someone who restores mid 60s GM muscle cars probably knows. This isn't the place to find that guy.

28. 62-64 impala with corvair side trim

29. mopars have a tag on the bottom clipped to the springs with year and part #.....not sure about GM....maybe look or post a pic if yours has one...