Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 33-34 Ford coupe bodies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ss34coupe, Nov 5, 2007.

1. cheepsk8

cheepsk8
    from west ky

2. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

My dads 34 3 window... would love to have my own someday.[/QUOTE]

Landon - so what is the story on your Dad's coupe? If you have any more pics please post them.

3. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

4. 34Larry

34Larry

Well by now,........just like the first time in the showers for boys gym, every body's seen mine..... so I'll spare you that. However I do have a question and I'm guessing it is one difference between standard vs. deluxe. When building mine and working on the dash I bought two others thinking they would be better than the one in my car, they were not. Anyway the gauge area was pressed out in those two while mine was cut out with a small 1/4 in. flange and had an insert panel for the gages. So was mine the stock deluxe version or had that been done sometime in its past history?? So what other changes were there between standard and deluxe, and besides the grill between the 33 and 34 along with the web in the side windows of the 34 what other changes were there between the 33/34?.

5. Yours with the flange is a 33 dash and the ones that are pressed out are 34's. A deluxe dash would have a cut out in the center for an ash tray,

6. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

So, if I understand correctly, '33s have a gauge panel and '34s have hole for individual gauges?

7. Yes, and on both years deluxe has an ash tray and cigar lighter, standard has neither

8. Here is one I bought over the summer. History unknown

IMG_7636.JPG IMG_8638.JPG

9. cheepsk8

cheepsk8
    from west ky

I had a hard time finding a door window garnish molding for the driver's side. Was told mine was deluxe. Is that the same on a 33?

10. 34Larry

34Larry

Thanks for the education guys, I appreciate that. Mine now has my tach where the ash tray used to be.
    You can't believe what guys will pay for these dashes. Interesting hinges Chris. You gonna leave them like that?

11. 33 deluxe and standard are the same as near as I know. 34 standard looks like a 33 but will be a little shorter as 34 was the first year for windows that rolled back a inch or so...so the glass and garnish is a shorter. 34 deluxe has a droopy center which is more ornate.

12. my 34 is a standard- no cowl lights, would have had one tail light and the less ornate garnish

13. Absolutely

14. RODIST

RODIST

15. RODIST

RODIST

Hi, here’s long term project getti some $$$$ & TLC directed into it. Lookin for contact to Kirk Henning. Looking for how too info on crafting sub rails to accept channeled body. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Runnin shine likes this.
  16. ls1yj

ls1yj
    from Kentucky

Rodist,

Reach out to Don Smart in North Carolina. He fans his own subrails, with stock or 2” channel, along with full floor panels for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

RODIST likes this.
  17. ls1yj

ls1yj
    from Kentucky

Thought I’d toss my heap of iron into this thread... lots of cool projects here to admire and learn from

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

18. rusty valley

rusty valley

the "statue of liberty green" 3w on page 13 here is coming home soon. and yes that the same car in the swap meet photos. kowalsky customs in canada did the metal work, i'll post some more when it arrives. benn a long wait, but i am EXCITED !!! IMG_1906.JPG

ls1yj, Nailhead A-V8, ff1930 and 3 others like this.
  19. Happy New Year to you all!
    P1040011.JPG

Nick O, nunattax, lo c dan and 17 others like this.
  20. rustymetal

rustymetal

here one that followed IMG_0203.JPG me home racoon shit and all

21. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

1934 1933 Ford 3 window Coupe Hot Rod Rat jalopy race car Scta model 40 flathead
    Price: US $677.00Item location: Eudora, Kansas, United States
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    prevnext
    • Condition: Used
    • Make: Ford
    • Model: Other
    • Type: Coupe
    • Year: 1933
    • Mileage: 134,455
    • VIN: 40-3567xx
    • Color: Orange
    • Engine size: Flathead V8
    • Number of cylinders: 8
    • Fuel: Gasoline
    • Transmission: Manual
    • Vehicle Title: Rebuilt, Rebuildable & Reconstructed
      Want to buy? Contact seller!
    Description:
    1933 Ford Other
    1933 ford 3 window Coupe this is a vintage jalopy race car it runs and drives steers and stops its a blast to drive I've found something else I want and need to sale it. It was raced in California it was mechanically restored it has a 40 merc motor with later heads and dizzy.No title frame does have numbers I will help with loading but shipping is upto you. Call 785-393-169nine as I'm not married to electronics... no trades!!!!!

??? Am I reading this correctly $677.?

adam401 likes this.
  22. rusty valley

rusty valley

23. IronFord

IronFord
    from NoDak

That car came from the Kennedy brothers in California. Here is the thread on the car.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/orange-peel.1025357/

$677 sounds like a scam to me.

24. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

thought it looked familiar ....usually when something is too good to be true...it is

Spencer Caldwell likes this.
  25. Spencer Caldwell

Spencer Caldwell

Hello,

A fellow HAMB told me i needed to post my 1933 5 Window to this page so here yall go. I found it in Florida, been sitting for years, its got a 8b engine with Zephyr geared Tranny. Supposedly, raced on daytona beach but waiting for the pictures and other info he had. Great Project body is solid, need decklid, hood and new grill because i would like to keep original year and make it into a traditional rod. It has title and bill of sale paperwork going back to 1938 from the two owners. Thanks for looking guys!!!

Attached Files:

26. rusty valley

rusty valley

27. scotts52

scotts52

Kind of a silly question but I'm wondering, when someone buys a car that was cut into pieces and is now trying to put it back together, do you need to compensate for the thickness of the cutting blade when trying to weld everything back together?

I hope my question makes sense.

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  28. rusty valley

rusty valley

any time you are welding things together, the better they fit the better the weld. most of the really nice looking sheet metal you see here has been very carefully fit, and then tig welded, and the good guys make it so you can finish it with a file and never know it was welded. hacks like me fill the gaps with weld, grind it down, and reach for the bondo

29. IronFord

IronFord
    from NoDak

34 pulling into yard 2.jpg IMG_5406.JPG IMG_5415.JPG

I posted a couple of teaser pics of this car a couple of pages back. This is my '34 that I bought a couple of years ago. The gentleman I bought the car from started the restoration and never finished the car. He bought the car in the '60s. I have a cab card from the original owner dated 1953.