Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I'm confused..............

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TANNERGANG, Feb 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

32 QUARTER SIDE SHOT.jpg My ALL STEEL ALL Henry, Uncut '32 5 window with a small block and 3x2's and Salt Flat wheels that have been around since the '60's is not considered a Tradition Car......BUT All these Dearborne and Fiberglass cars built to RESEMBLE a Traditional '32 "IS' considered a Traditional Car....but my 86 year old car is now considered a Street Rod and cannot be posted in Classifieds for sale.......I'm really confused here Ryan.........maybe you can explain it to me a little bit better......

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  2. Ralphies54

Ralphies54

I'll get the popcorn ready.

3. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is a REALLY nice car. I wouldn't care what people call it.

rusty valley and dan31 like this.
  4. joe1932

joe1932
    from NY

It looks like a street rod, maybe because its so clean or has polished wheels. People call my car a rat rod. Joe​

scrap metal 48 likes this.

5. khead47

khead47

Who says it's not traditional ?

6. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Pull off the fenders and running boards, sell the wheels and gets some bias with steelies
    Ta Da

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. BJR

BJR

Good point, who says it's not traditional? My only thought would be the wheels.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. squirrel

squirrel

We can't see the rest of it....suspension? interior? engine?

9. It's a fine line for sure, but there have been plenty of real Henry 32's that were street rods, not traditional hot rods. Being "real" doesn't necessarily make it traditional.

10. .............................Then there's that billet tag bracket/third brake light, but that's getting pretty picky I guess.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  11. Super nice car, as mentioned, the salt flats might better to be swapped out for some steelies, small caps and bias ply tires. How come you're concerned?

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  12. Do you crave approval from rat rodders, or something? Does the opinion of tire fetishists mean a lot to you? 'Cause that's a very nice coupe.

13. I like It. Your restroom and gas pump are traditional too.:rolleyes:

edcodesign, scotty t, Vanness and 2 others like this.
  14. .....................................I would be proud to call that my own as it is and the rest of the world be damned.:)

15. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

If we were to drop one, ok two words from our vocabulary wouldn't life be grand around here.
    I'm gonna crawl out on this reeely weak limb and predict the past on this, I'm betting AT LEAST 50% of our brothers here couldn't wait to crack open their next issue of :eek: SR'r.
    I know it got me through some pretty miserable Oregon winters.
    Street is neat!

16. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The line between street rods and traditional is getting so blurry I can't see it any more. I personally loathe street rods, but I love that car. Maybe if you panel painted it in some nice pastel colors and put some 22's on it there might be a reason.

TANNERGANG and lothiandon1940 like this.
  17. ......................................not to mention the tractor and hay rake.:D

tractorguy likes this.
  18. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

But Salt Flat wheels have been around since the 60's......it was deleted in the classifieds by somebody...Said it didn't meet the Traditional Criteria and was therefore deleted.....I'm just curious...it was good enough to post pictures all through the build for 3 1/2 years, but now is not wanted...I'm just curious to how it changed all of a sudden......I'm a big boy...short, but a big boy, so I can handle an esplanation...Just Curious.

pitman, ct1932ford and lothiandon1940 like this.
  19. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Like one of the observers above pointed out, I couldn't care less what ANYONE opined about my car. That being said, I believe that funky third taillight hurts the car, traditional, non-trad, ratrod, streetrod, hotrod, funkmobile, or whatever. I love your ride and would go 'cross-country in it in a heartbeat AFTER I removed that "fifth wheel". And, I would feel as safe as anyone can in an "old" car.

20. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beautiful ride, Bud. Drive it like you stole it ! Hope you see you on the Interstate someday. Maybe we can meet up at the Bayou Roundup in Lafayette this year.

TANNERGANG likes this.
  21. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Only put it there because I drive my cars a good bit and I want the car behind me to make sure he see's me......Comes from my old Stock Car days of the guy behind me taking me out cause he was driving looking at the front of his hood....Now we have the kids texting to worry about.......thanks for the compliment.

22. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

This place needs an enema..........just tripped over a build thread of someone building a 4dr buick with an LS - that stays but this "traditionally" styled Deuce with a SBC goes??????

23. Rick & Jan

Rick & Jan

Kinda goes along with the Traditional '59 Edsel doesn't it!!??

X38 likes this.
  24. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I think it's HAMB's moderators way of saying don't post it for sale or you will regret selling it..........................................

25. I think "traditional" needs a clearer definition.

26. I'm hanging around for an answer to this. What with all the farm truck "gassers" and patinamobiles, I wonder what the current criteria for "traditional" is nowadays...

27. It's a nice looking car to be sure. Be happy that it's what you wanted. I know nothing about your car than what I see. But if it's got a Mustang 2 front end, fuel injected small block, coil over suspension, billet steering wheel, billet window winders, digital dash, yada yada, etc. These are all street rod appointments in my opinion. Nothing wrong with any of that if you like it but that's also not "traditional" in my book. Just my take on it.

DA Suede Rods likes this.
  28. ROBRAM

ROBRAM

Out of all the cars on here they could have criticized , I can't believe they chose that one.

robracer1, Fordors and TANNERGANG like this.
  29. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Leaf spring front and rear....roll up stock windows and handles, NO MUSTANG 2, SW Wing Style gauges, no billet steering wheel, 3x2's on an old intake, stock pop out windshield......only 2 fender bolts on the front fenders were eliminated.......

DA Suede Rods and lothiandon1940 like this.
  30. Aw hell!?! There goes my big plans to build a "Parade Car" like I wanted. :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.