Register now to get rid of these ads!

Termites and Bowties- Early Chevy Group

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29bowtie, Jan 7, 2009.

1. i will measure tomorrow.
    if you look at the board when it was green. the "insert" did not go all the way back, it stopped at the door. i put the extra holes in it to take advantage of the, readily available, 34 standard rubber.

31chevymike likes this.
  2. @MalloMike just bought 33 master running boards. i wonder what length they are?

31chevymike likes this.
  3. All the other holes sure look right .
    The rusted boards are about 46 -46 1/2
    And I believe are 33 master
    The primed ones are 48 inches
    I have not picked up the sedan yet
    And my33 3 window master is to hard to get at 20150811_215444.jpg

madmike3434 and Fern 54 like this.
  4. madmike3434

madmike3434

the 1933 Chevrolet STANDARD SERIES CC , running board length is same as a 34-35 standard, 48". The difference as pictured in the short running board rubber mat is the 33 standard, about 6" shorter than a 34-35 standard mat.

Joe Iacinno in Arizona or New Mexico reproduced a limited amount of correct 33 Chevrolet standard running board mats last year. Do not know if he also made the rubber metal backing plate with the bendable tabs .. Do not know the price of the rubber mats. He normally posts on the VCCA CHAT . ORG in the 33-36 section. I can find him if somebody needs to get in touch with him.

As a side note there is a 33 Chevrolet standard series right front quality steel fender on ebay listed by DESOLDCAR $400.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  5. madmike3434

madmike3434

Joe, that's a 34-35 standard running board in grey primer, nice. Can also be used on 33 standard series but needs 34-35 std mats
    Are you selling it, Mike lynch in whitby

6. madmike3434

madmike3434

Joe, your right the 34 master has the holes in the side area where a stainless steel molding goes. If there is no sign of those holes , I would have to assume the rusty one is a 33 master. Think its 48 1/2 long as you pictured.
    Filling station or I & I reproductions in California reproduce the 33 master running board rubber , also 34 master and 34-35 standard

mike lynch

7. I have the pair of running boards , I have determend witb all the help here that they are 34 -35 standard running boards.And of course I have 2 33 master cars .Unsure what I am going to do with them at this point .
    They are near mint , no rust repair , few dents here and there.The rusty ones are what I have to work with.May have to get the tig welder out and make them fit !!!

8. madmike3434

madmike3434

joe, take those rusty running boards and have them de rusted safely by these guys. Will come back squeaky clean. Have had fenders, running boards, hood panels done, plus my 35 frame 11 pieces. Its liquid and gets into everywhere that blasting cannot.

https://www.technostrip.com/industrial.html

they are in Brampton

mike lynch

9. They are pretty thin now Mike , I'd be afraid of nothing being left LOL .I do have an industrial blast cabinet at home as well .

10. madmike3434

madmike3434

Joe, that's the thing , it doesn't remove any metal. Does not harm it in the way blaster does. Gets into everywhere. Just takes away the paint , tar, undercoating , lead. Anything not steel is wiped out. The other chemical follow up dip they do takes out all the rust. Think back to early 80's REDI-STRIP was all over hemmings and they were opening facilities in all the rust belt areas. They withdrew from Canada and now its techo strip. See if I can find a picture of my cowl after it was stripped by them .

One of these days will take that 33 trunk lid I got from you , with bullet hole, to them to be cleaned, for my 35 roadster.

Oh by the way this not cheap. Its worth the drive too Brampton.......lmao

mike

Attached Files:

Fern 54 likes this.
  11. MalloMike

MalloMike

They are 46" long. (missing the mats and metal backing plate) 20171217_134633_1513552780742_resized.jpg 20171217_134645_1513552782075_resized.jpg

Fern 54 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  12. Why are 33 master running boards I find always in such rough condition ???
    I have three pair that all havw some rust thru !!
    Like this one !!!!
    I would trade these 34 std for a nice set of 33 masters
    20180205_203205.jpg 20180205_203246.jpg

13. jgrohio

jgrohio
    from NE Ohio

Not much progress lately but rear set up coming together

Attached Files:

14. i measured my 33 standard and they are 48" along the very outside edge. about 47 1/2"s measuring down the middle.

15. I would have thought the standard running boards to be shorter than the master running board. Who knew !!! Always learning with this stuff .

16. MalloMike

MalloMike

WR,
    You would think that with the mercury series 33's having a 107" wheelbase and the Master 33's being 110" that the running board would be shorter but there are some other differences. ( 3w coupe's )
    Looking at the below pictures ( my 33 master 3w and Ted's 33 mercury series) mikes coupe.jpg Ted Coupe (2 of 37).jpg
    The spot at which the running board meets the front fender in relationship to the body (at the door hinge for the mercury series vs. after the hinge for the master)
    it also looks like the distance from the rear of the door to the start of the rear fender is the same length on both cars.
    Don't know if the door length is the same? (mercury vs master 3 window coupe)
    Rear fenders also look to be different and the rear of the car (for the 3 window coupes) has a different slope (shorter for the mercury series, longer for the master)
    And we all know that a mercury grill shell is different from the master grill shell.
    Dash width is narrower in the mercury series.
    The rear deck lids are different, and so on...

biggeorge and TFoch like this.
  17. madmike3434

madmike3434

TB33...............1933 Chevrolet standard CC series TOO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE , the rear fenders are the same, the running boards are same length, but the 33 rubber matts are 6" shorter. I believe there is a slight difference on width for the 33 gas tank cover panel .
    mike lynch

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  18. so what's the difference, if any, with sedan fenders? Mallomike bought all the tin from a sedan and they look exactly like the coupe. all 4 fenders, boards, front and rear aprons?

19. madmike3434

madmike3434

They are two totally different cars. To the best of my know nothing interchanges between the standard CC series and the master CA series. Note that on the standard series that the front of the running board and back of the front fender line up perfectly with the door edge seam. This also applies to the 1934-1935 standard series.
    Note on the 33 master that the fender extends past the door seam by 2" ? making for shorter running board.

Front fenders......1933 standard does not have the V in the front of the body bead on the fender.,, the master does.
    Dashes do not interchange as standard is narrower across the cowl.
    Rear fenders for a master are 4 inches longer.
    I believe the 33 standard deck lid is narrower as it should be.
    The 1933 master rad shell was completely plated, the 33 standard only the grill trim ring stamped in is plated.
    The 1933 chev standard have vertical louvers in side panel. The master has hood doors like a 32
    The motors are different sizes and use diff cylinder heads.

The 1933 Chevrolet standard series CC ( there is no such thing as a Mercury series ) There is not a piece of advertising anywhere produced by Chevrolet or GM that calls it that. There was not a lot of the standard series made in 33.........a 2 door coach and 2..... 3 window coupes, one sport coupe having a rumble seat with roll down window.
    The master series made : Phaetons, roadsters, cabriolets, 2 door sedans, 4 door sedans , 3 window coupe, 5 window coupe, sedan delivery and a woodie wagon .

Right now on ebay there is 2 NOS MASTER front fenders, both with welled spare tire pockets. A right real nice running board was on a few weeks ago. There is also the front gravel shield.

Considering the 33 master easily outsold the standard series 8 to 1 master parts should be more available. In my personal opinion the 33 is the break year for Chevrolet from square cars to a swoopy body style and has always been in demand by rodders and restorers. Because its a one year only like a 34 master, makes finding parts tougher.
    Finding 34-35 standard parts is no cake walk either but if quality parts turn up be prepared to pay .

mike lynch...........".the real & original madmike3434 "

20. madmike3434

madmike3434

TB all
    the 33 standard fenders for all body styles , run boards and rear gas tank cover are the same.
    The 33 master fenders for all body styles , run boards and rear gas tank cover are the same
    mike

21. that is what we thought, pretty good design/production idea.

22. I go to all the swap meets here in southern
    ont .I rarely ever find or buy a part for a standard car even by accident!!! Master parts are far and few inbetween also.
    I have owned several 33 34 chevs over the years and all have been masters.
    Never even had a standard car to go and look at .
    Bought a set of standard rear fenders one time and Mike is correct they are about 4 inches short of filling the wheel well .
    But I do know how to tell the differnce between a master and standard rear fender now !!!!

23. madmike3434

madmike3434

Joe took me many years to figure all this 1933--1935 master ----standard stuff out . Then you got Auzzie HOLDEN built versions too.

mike

24. madmike3434

madmike3434

Joe, only person I know of who has a lot of 33-34 Chevrolet parts is CHEVY HEAVEN down by London..............Randy Wilcox 1-519-670-2553 He was at the International center swap in Toronto just before Xmas.
    He has a 33 chev roadster and a 33 chev cabriolet, 34 master sedan delivery, 34-35 chev std phaeton, believe he may also have a roadster.
    mike

25. Yes, i know Randy quite well .He is getting low on parts now as well , Has sold a lot of stuff off in the last year or so.

26. madmike3434

madmike3434

JOE, what about Glenn Rarick down in LaFargeville NY, just over thje border to 1000 islands.

He is supposed to have a large stash of 33 --35 chev buick parts, sheet metal. I was last there in 1995 and he is still going.

mike

27. Glen bought a ton of stuff from Randy .
    Think he made 2 trips up here for stuff.

28. madmike3434

madmike3434

Sounds like a trip to my local Canadian tire, first the stuff I want is supposed to be over there and now its been moved to there. Musical stuff.

mike

29. madmike3434

madmike3434

joe............and others. A pair of 33 master running boards appeared on ebay today from seller DESOLDCAR. $600 for the pair includes right side running board metal backing plate

mike

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  30. Thanks Mike
    The ones.I have are notas bad as I had originally thought, but will have a peek at Dales anyway
    Joe