Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Ford 35 Window Coupe Build, The East Coaster

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Kickstarter, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

Thanks 36 Rokit. I've got a long way to go before the roof but the more info the better.

2. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

Most of the big pieces are finally gathered up. It's not going to make the Trog this year, but that gives me a year to build it right. I'll still be in Jersey just on a Pre Unit Triumph this time. Going to be a busy winter! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1441156516.294951.jpg

Stogy and Finn Jensen like this.
  3. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nice Coupe project, nice to see a collection of good solid parts. Bob

4. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

Finally back to work on the 35 and I'm making time to work on the car projects this year. It helps, that my son is really interested in old cars now and wants to help and learn.

I ran a tap through all the fender mount nuts on the back to test fit the fenders, they are far from perfect but it's a start and they can be repaired. I'd like to have it back on wheels and all the sheet metal bolted up by the end of the month to see what body work needs to be done. I need to find a pair of inner fenders solid or louvered, if anyone has a pair they would part with. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    Stogy likes this.
  5. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

And the best shop helper you can have already thinking about cruising the 55![​IMG][​IMG]

slv63 and Stogy like this.
  6. uncle buck

uncle buck

[QUOTE="Kickstarter, post: 12425688, member: 12340"I need to find a pair of inner fenders 35 or 36, if anyone has a pair they would part with.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app[/QUOTE]

35 and 36 inner fenders do not interchange. They are both one year only Parts

Stogy likes this.
  7. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

35 and 36 inner fenders do not interchange. They are both one year only Parts

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app[/QUOTE]

I should have said solid or louvered, either one will work.

8. YJ4000

YJ4000

Great to see you back on it. Lookin forward to the progress.

Kickstarter likes this.
  9. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

Hopefully I have the correct trans mount now and I need to find the early Hurst engine mount, then maybe this 283 will fit.[​IMG]

10. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

Thanks, hope to finally get this thing on wheels again.

11. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

Getting the Superbell dropped axle ready to go thanks to Pete and Jakes and The Rodders Journal for giving it to me last year! I still can't believe they picked my project. [​IMG]

Asphalt Demon and Tim_with_a_T like this.
  12. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

I had the weekend all figured out, Candy Crush and Clash of Clans sitting on the sofa watching Chips while my wife bakes cookies. All looked good, till my parcel package delivery person popped in with the nicest hand made box I'd ever seen. I carefully opened the box and inside was the correct Hurst engine mount for the 35. With this one thing my plans are ruined, now I'll have to spend the weekend in the garage working on my car instead.[​IMG]

Jet96, Tim_with_a_T and Finn Jensen like this.
  13. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

Level up. I swapped the Hurst engine mount out with the one I just got and everything seems to line up just fine now. Dropped the radiator in and set the grill on, hopefully mount the fenders up this weekend to see how much work they need.[​IMG][​IMG]

36 ROKIT, Tim_with_a_T and bct like this.
  14. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

Rain drops keep falling on my head in the corner of the shop tonight, so, it got me thinking, the bigger the hole in the roof, the more water comes in. Using this scientific calculation, I thought, more carbs! Gluten free farm fresh and organic. More water through a bigger hole=more gas with a bigger hole. Thank you Bill Nye the science guy.[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    Tim_with_a_T likes this.
  15. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

Burrito, Mt Dew fueled fury in the shop, no motorcycle fenders allowed. Wrestled the rear spring on like Jim from Mutual of Omaha. No dirt track date anymore, my baby grew up and got an iPhone. Fender is on and it might start looking like a car again, acid washed jeans patina fade looks like it was made in the shade after huffing a can of glade, going to rehab for a new shiny black coat and a chrome grill.[​IMG]

Jet96, 1935streetrod and Tim_with_a_T like this.