Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Help me find a thieving, no good, dirty bastard from Australia...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

^^^ Maybe a class action beat down.

2. Germ

Germ

When I sell some more of those Bitcoins that I never used on Silk Road, I will go to Australia and beat him up.. lol. Just kidding. Not about the Bitcoins, but about going to Australia.

zman, Max Gearhead and loudbang like this.
  3. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Did you see a HAMB copy sticker ? Did you get the (unregistered) business name of the back of his bus ? All I have so far is a phone number. Much of his stuff is copied and duplicated in some way but when he is silly enough to leave a trade mark in place then he does not know what he is asking for trouble wise. We can add CUMMINS to those names as well as he has copied logos that belong to them. I am also sure the bar mats he has are a duplication from something made by another company.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Well having seen the photos from 63Compact I can confirm we have the same fellow but interesting to see he has two different phone numbers.

kiwijeff likes this.
  5. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Same guy I believe Thieving my work......

Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 2.53.20 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 2.53.38 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 2.54.02 PM.png

Spoggie and HOTFR8 like this.
  6. wvenfield

wvenfield

eBay used to have a process to shut stuff like that down.

7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ouch...you guys definately have some decisions to make.

That's not a compliment. I wish you all the best in turning this around.

8. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Sure looks like the same (copy) work.

9. Most people (me too) would see this stuff at swap meets, etc, and assume that the original designer gets their X cents per decal somewhere along the process. Maybe this bloke buys these and others from some place (China?) and is re-selling this stuff thinking that the copyright/commision is all above board?
    Hope it all gets sorted out.

grumpy32 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  10. dan31

dan31

Wow, selling this stuff on fee bay like that ,this guy really doesn't care. You should make it so he does.

11. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

If this guy is bold enough to sell at swap meets and on ebay, he may not be the actual person doing the copying. He may just be a seller with an obviously bad supplier. All this head hunting may have uncovered an innocent party. Just a thought.

belair likes this.
  12. AngleDrive

AngleDrive
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

On Ebay you can report copyright infringement items. https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/reporting-item-issue-seller?id=4022&st=7
    You can be damned sure that that particular seller selling knock Norwell stuff full and well knows he is selling someone else's copyrighted work. Jeff would assuredly know if someone in Australia was buying bulk decals to resell. It's one thing for a bonehead not to do his homework and copy someone's work that he thinks is 75 years old but entirely another if he copies one's current copyrighted work.

14. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Then why would he say to a customer that he and his wife make them all ?

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  15. Heh..... I heard of an occasion where this O/T (Mustang) car club, or forum, printed calendars with photos they took of their own cars and, yes, they were selling them to the members and friends of members to cover the printing and shipping costs. But they were not selling at an online or brick-n-mortar store. Ford sicced the lawyer dogs on 'em. Ford has time for that type of stuff.

16. Speak for yourself. South Australia was a free- settled, religious haven. No convict settlement.

All the same, this is typical artless Australian behaviour. I'm an Australian car portrait painter, so I'm too poor for swap meets. But if anyone sees stuff, drop a message to my FB page ( in my sig.).

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  17. chryslerfan55 likes this.
  18. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

this seems to be escalating :(

19. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

Have you noticed the title of this thread doesn't say

"Help me find a thieving, no good, dirty bastard from "any other country"

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  20. 5window

5window

Really? It's copyright infringement. Don't you think taking sosmeone's life in return is a bit heavy? What if they're not only thieves but also really good at violence and you get injured or killed instead? Stupid thing to die or go to prison for, after all. Perhaps a meaningful response would be more productive?

chryslerfan55 and TagMan like this.
  21. Wow! Lighten up. It was just a sarcastic remark due to all the hype. Maybe I should have used a :p at the end. I come here for relaxation, not violence. Sorry you took it serious! My mistake.

22. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

I have no doubt having seen what I have seen and he has the nerve to say he makes (read as copies) them all himself.

We Aussies do not like to see a Mate used or abused and in this case the Admin of this forum. Your an Aussie would you not stick up for a Mate when you could see a situation like this ?

23. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

yes I worked that out in the first post, I was meaning other members of the forum now (not that fussed about multinationals they can sort their own shit out)

24. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

OK. ;)

25. Actually yes, i did seek permission from Ryan years ago before we created the group. The idea was to have a place on social media that us Aussie's could congregate and talk cars, buy and sell ect. Myself, @thommoina33 and another guy have for years been extremely strict on telling people when they have asked if they can make stickers ect that no, you can not do that. It has come up once or twice.. unfortunately, and you'd think people would have the common sense to not even need to ask but apparently not.

29bowtie, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  26. I reckon I've seen the bloke in question's stall at a few swaps. He has quite an array of (fairly poorly) reproduced stickers. I guarantee he'll be at the ballarat swap at the end of this month, I'll keep my eyes peeled and try to get some info if it's still needed by then.

Sent from my CPH1607 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 and HOTFR8 like this.
  27. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Having not seen him at the Centre State Swap I believe a few of us will be looking to get all his details at Ballarat.

chryslerfan55 and fuzzybear like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.