Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods XO/PP Bonneville project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john mullen, Dec 28, 2017.

1. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

John, I love the build. If you don't have a recent SCTA rule book, get one. Paul will be a great help, too.

If you're looking for an "extra bar inspector", try Carmen's Black and White.

Paul: Joe and Donna have moved Delaware Chassis Works to Ft. Stuart, Florida.

vic

Marcia and loudbang like this.
  2. jimmy six,
    As you well know nothing is life is really free. I now have a moral obligations to those company's who have helped me with there Products. All the credit for those parts donated belongs to my friend and team member Doug Dwyer. What a heart Doug has for the dreams of others in motorsports. I have no written contracts to do anything in return, however I personally will do everything in my power to promote there products.
    This project from its beginning hasn't been about me or the Bonneville project in its self. The real story hear is about People. There generosity not just in parts or even financial support but there encouragement has shown this. but if you look even deeper its not what was given that's the story hear. It's about people giving of themselves to see another persons dream come to life. I have gained many friends throughout this journey. I truly value them as friends not because of what they have done for me but for the people they are inside..
    You as well Jimmy with your words of encouragement and knowledge will help me on this journey, Now you are a part of this amazing story.. I appreciate everyone who supports the Bonneville project. I am humbled greatly.
    Thanks, John

3. Team meeting today went well. We discussed the logistics for the trip to Bonneville this August. Doug Dwyer Our team Member from Southern California joined us by phone and added greatly to the meeting. we then had a shop tour and briefly went over everyone's duty assignments and answered questions. we finalized the last art design for the t shirt peps and will get there finished work for approval early next week. Then the T Shirts will go into production and should be done in about 10 days. Packaging will take a day or two. Everyone should see there orders shortly after that all takes place.
    Again I Thank everyone who sent in orders and Donations for the shirts. I can't find the words to express my gratitude for all your support on the Bonneville Project.
    Thank You everyone, John

4. Thanks for the help Vic I appreciate your support. John

loudbang likes this.
  5. @john mullen, I'd like to purchase two large t-shirts – one for me and one for Eli. I think he was inspired buy the meeting and shop tour today. On the way home, he talked about getting an old Mustang project to work on with me and even talked about lowering his 2003 a little more once we're sure the springs have settled. I'll put a check in the mail to you.

6. Dave,
    It's so cool to watch how Eli has grown closer to you as a father through the car hobby. It's heart warming to watch him smile when asked about his car. I'm so happy for you two.
    Oh and thank you for the shirt support.

A COMMENT... What everyone doesn't know is that Dave is paying for half of the T Shirt cost, doing all the design work and handling the logistics for getting all this done. (and then) He has the integrity to purchase 2 shirts for the cause.
    What can I say but Thank you. Dave you are Truly an example of generosity and dedication to the XO/PP Bonneville Project.

7. On behalf of all the Bonneville Project Team I want to take time here to say Thank You to Ryan our H.A.M.B. Administrator, Steve Coonan from the Rodders Journal along with Doug Dwyer and all the company's that he represents for there generous support of the XO/PP 640 Bonneville Project.
    Optima Battery's
    K&N Filters
    Holley
    MSD
    The Wheel Smith
    Auto Meter
    Good Year
    Painless Wiring
    Meziere Enterprises
    Thank you Everyone...
    John Mullen Team Owner
    XO/PP Bonneville Project
    the Virginia H.A.M.B. Special

8. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great story John....keep it up. Hopefully I'll get to speed week this year (rented car of course) to help one of my friends if the salt is good enough for his un sprung 270 mph Modifed roadster.
    It is an experience and I am glad I had it too and over the years made many, many friends. Good luck as you and your friends continue.

D-Russ and loudbang like this.
  9. Thank You Holley Performance for your support for the XO/PP Bonneville Project. Your Fuel system parts and the wide band A/F Ratio units are first class quality products. They will truly make our truck Top Notch.
    On behalf of all the XO/PP 640 Team Thank you,
    John Mullen Team Owner
    XO/PP Bonneville Project
    the Virginia H.A.M.B. Special

10. Thanks I'll pm you some photos

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  11. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Hey Vic! Thanks for the nudge on Joe and Donna. I heard they were thinking about a move, didn`t know it happened already. We keep missing each other at Speed Week. I will make a real effort to get together this year! Oh, and appreciate the thumbs up. I do the best I can to help and keep everyone as safe as I know how...:)

chryslerfan55, saltflats and loudbang like this.
  12. SquintBoy

SquintBoy

Hey Kiwi & Vic, since I had a hard time finding this with Google searches, I though I would post a pic of Delaware's front door just 2 streets over from my shop in Stuart, Fla. There is no Ft. Stuart although nearby there is Ft. Pierce & Port St. Lucie.
    Mark. 20180121_100705-1.jpg

sent from the red phone

Okie Pete, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  13. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

JD, we need better friends. As I mentioned elsewhere, my racing money comes from the change from the top of my dresser, and friends that I can 'borrow' from.

chryslerfan55, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  14. IMG_0448.JPG
    typo41,
    For what its worth better than 85 percent of the cost of the Bonneville project came out of my own pocket. Thankfully the Automotive aftermarket Company's that Generously donated there parts came in at a most welcome time as I am now nearly broke LOL. My kids are screaming I have spent there inheritance. My wife probably is ready to kill me by now. My dog wont even come near me because of the cheep dog food I can afford to feed him.. LOL

The XO/PP Bonneville Project Team Support Tee Shirts are now available to purchase for $20.00 each Inc. shipping. ( They look great )..... Thanks' to Ryan / and the H.A.M.B. for there support of
    the Virginia H.A.M.B. Special Bonneville Project..
    Orders can be placed as follows
    send size, number of shirts desired, shipping address, and a check or money order for $20.00 each to
    John Mullen
    9428 Richmond Road
    Lanexa, Virginia. 23089
    Team Support shirts... ............ Thank you.. John

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  15. Headers are coming along slow but sure I keep making changes to them... I just want them right.LOL IMG_0474.JPG IMG_0475.JPG IMG_0476.JPG IMG_0478.JPG

16. Great progress today . I finished all the sandblasting of the parts for the truck including the inside of truck bed.
    On another note we were blessed by Meziere Enterprises with a 55 GPM inline water pump at cost (1/2 retail.)
    Probably one of the best made pumps on the market today. This kind of quality Parts will help make our truck Top Notch. thank You Doug Dwyer and Don Meziere for their support. will post photos tomorrow.

17. Pics, A pile of blasted parts . Man I hate sandblasting IMG_0481.JPG IMG_0482.JPG

Okie Pete, Stogy, RMR&C and 4 others like this.
  18. New Wire harness came today from Painless Performance . I need to get wiring soon ..LOL

loudbang likes this.
  19. John...... is it too late to order a 3xl T-Shirt?

BigMike

loudbang likes this.
  20. I would like to order a 2X.......still have the shirts available?

loudbang likes this.
  21. I have one 3XL left Big Mike. Please send me an envelop with your shirt size, a check to John Mullen for $ 20.00 or more as a donation, and your mailing address. I need this info to keep all the orders straight.
    My address Is
    John Mullen/Johnrodz
    9428 Richmond Road
    Lanexa, Virginia. 23089

Thank you for your support of the Virginia H.A.M.B. Special XO/PP 640 Bonneville Project

loudbang likes this.
  22. Yes I still have shirts. See Big mikes post above with details for ordering your shirt or pm me for the details. .I need your order sent so I can keep up with the orders and keep it for my records.
    thank you for supporting the XO/PP 640 Bonneville Project ..John

loudbang likes this.
  23. I had a nice long conversation today with the Tech Inspector for the BNI / Bonneville. Kiwi Paul and I went over some photos I sent him of the roll cage and he gave me a brief of things I needed to complete. He went over several
    other details pertaining to the rule book . we spent over an hour going over every detail.
    Now how cool is that ( Pre Inspection ) Now that's Service with a smile.
    Thank You Kiwi Paul for your help. You certainly are an benefit to the SCTA / BNI organization

grumpy32, loudbang, D-Russ and 2 others like this.
  24. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

Any idea when the shirts will be mailed out?

25. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Good on Kiwi Paul.
    That's a long tow to not get to compete.;)

loudbang likes this.
  26. We've had an unexpected snafu in production on the T-shirts. I personally apologize for the delay – we will get shirts in the mail as soon as we can, so please bear with us. On behalf of the 640 XO/PP Team, we sincerely thank you for your support.

loudbang likes this.
  27. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

Thanks for the update. No problem.

loudbang and D-Russ like this.
  28. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

John, there has been a change in the arm/limb restraint rule because of infractions after drivers have left the starting line and welded "D" rings breaking in accidents.
    I know none of mine will pass any more and I am waiting to make sure which brands are compliant. I talked to Steve Davies yesterday about this and he is contacting manufacturers to see if they will make ones that will meet the change.
    Some driver are just plain stupid when it comes to their own safety and are dumb enough to show it on YouTube videos.

loudbang and D-Russ like this.

29. on it's way John. Thanks

BigMike

30. Thank you Big Mike, I appreciate your support of the Bonneville Project.. I'll keep an eye out for the mail.

loudbang likes this.