Register now to get rid of these ads!

Excelsior Tooling Company

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Excelsior Tooling Company

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I forgot to mention... Once Thommo gets these launched and the details ironed out, we will get them listed as Alliance Vendors.

3. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

Damn those are sweet! I can totally understand the price, it's too rich for my blood though.

4. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

That cabinet would look bitchen in the right kitchen

5. Very cool. Price is understandable but beyond my means for sure. It would probably be North of $10,000 CDN to get the Deluxe here by the time you factor in exchange, had it shipped, payed duty etc.

hotcoupe likes this.
  6. Well, its nice it also seems like if you have those type of cabinets you already have the nice car in your garage.
    Hope it goes well, I guess as long as the quality of the metal is that of better older MATCO or heavy industrial boxes I can see how the price is there.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    thommoina33 likes this.
  7. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They are for me! My wallet not so much!

8. High5

High5

Beautiful cabinets. I was unable to get the dimension link to work. Hopefully they get that loaded soon.

9. pumpman

pumpman

Nice job on the design, I have an old Shore unit and it serves me well. Best of luck in the future.

thommoina33 likes this.
  10. KCTA Chris

KCTA Chris

Beautiful and great idea. Price is not bad when you look at a high quality restoration on an original. I can see adding a display window on each side using era matching gas pump window stainless.

flamingokid likes this.
  11. gatz

gatz

Beautiful retro design.
    Probably not what would be consider "mass production", so I can understand the pricing; the tooling to make those would be very expensive unless there's some off-the-shelf components available.
    Take a look at the top ends; rounded corners edges like that can be very difficult to make.

rat bastad likes this.
  12. 16 gauge metal! Wow, that's a nice heavy cabinet. I couldn't get the options link to work but I can just imagine a premium sound system, deluxe lighting, maybe a peg board insert..possibilities are endless!
    I'm imagining my little garage with paint, a wild floor covering and that cabinet against the back wall.

Tman and thommoina33 like this.
  13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You know you are old when you actually worked in a shop or two that had similar cabinets in use.
    Really nifty and a bit spendy but I think he will find his market with the restored to original brigade more than rodders. I see the guys with the perfectly restored tri 5 Chevys putting those on the have to have list for their garage that is more display room than shop. That may be for rodders too. It's what goes against the wall in front of your finished ride to keep your stuff that you use to take care of that car in and become part of your car's area in the garage. I'll never be able to afford one or have a garage that one would go right in but that doesn't mean I don't want one.

14. My first thought was more like in the living/family room......
    with a big screen where the pegboard is.

15. Gofannon

Gofannon

Cool product. If I had loads of expendable cash I'd snap one up. However, a bit extravagant for a real shop, I'd mess it up real quick. They should probably come with period correct his and hers service uniforms, so the posers can play dress up and live out their weird fantasies. I'm sure a lot of guys would front up with enough money for Excelsior work wear.

16. To be honest, the prices aren't as bad as I was expecting. Those are some nice looking cabinets. Best of luck to him!

17. There are some bugs in the site yet that need fixing. Some of the hyperlinks aren't operating yet. From the link Ryan provided click on the "home" tab first. From there you can click the "products" pull down and select what you want to see.

18. Looks like gold-chainer stuff to me, not something you'd use in a 'working' shop. I mean it's nice looking and appears to be well made, but seems to targeted at 'display' shops. Whether or not there's a big enough market for viability remains to be seen....

milwscruffy likes this.
  19. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Wow, really not that bad for the price. Maybe in a couple years when I get a new shop where everything isn't always getting overspray one would look good.

thommoina33 likes this.
  20. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Be a good place for the Allen...and compressor somewhere

Max Gearhead likes this.
  21. hdman6465

hdman6465
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Am I wrong for assuming the price is for the center only, and the end cabinets are the options? I may be reading the dimensions wrong, but that is how it appears to me.

Hnstray likes this.
  22. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

Hey guys, thanks for all the comments and feedback and thanks go to Ryan for the write up and support since we broached the idea with him. We, and i include my partners in this venture are dedicated hands on hotrodders, we generally have a passion for anything old and cool.
    Since first becoming aware of these cabinets they have been a all consuming passion, and the search was on in earnest to find one. It became apparent that not only were these hard to find but when they did turn up they were well and truly roached. We looked at restored ones and they were going for 20k plus that put it way out of our budgets.We started exploring the idea of reproducing these, a no small feat due to the many curves and compound shapes that make these so unique. So, to clear up a few concerns, these are not made in China but made in Australia using Aussie steel.
    We re designed the cabinets so they can grow and change to suit tastes and budget or build up to a complete unit.
    Keep throwing questions fellas and i'll attempt to answer your questions.
    Ps we did have a few web site gremlins overnight but all sorted now.

cheers, Thommo

23. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

complete unit, or you can build up to a complete unit using individual pieces

24. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

25. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

The above pics are our demo unit, if you’re around LA this weekend pop in to the Gnrs and take a look

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

26. :D

27. hdman6465

hdman6465
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beautiful unit, and priced well within reason. Absolutely beautiful.

28. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Used a real one out of a GM dealer for a office desk for years ... Sold it to John Cooper here in Indy when we moved...I restored it as it was pretty bad shape when i got it...

29. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

That is a relief to learn. The info and diagrams, including dimensions, suggested to me and at least one other, that the price was for the center unit only.

Beautiful creation! Wishing you much success.

Ray

thommoina33 likes this.