Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Chassis Engineering

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krylon32, Jan 13, 2018.

1. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

I had missed this update here on hamb, found it on fb and ran to the real fb (HAMB) and I see someone beat me to it by a week or so!! Glad to hear this as well. I've used Chassis Engineering parts on every Hot Rod I've added to.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

3. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

Being a long time customer and with more 37-40 Ford projects as well, this is great news.

4. jmikee

jmikee
    from washington

This is good news. Both companies products are excellent.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

My only comment after starting this thread is with the CE acquisition by Heidts I think there will be some significant price increases to follow? It's just part of doing business as Heidts has to make a certain percentage profit to justify the move.

Atwater Mike likes this.
  6. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just hope Heidts keeps the CE parts made in the USA.

Atwater Mike likes this.
  7. widefive

widefive

8. widefive

widefive

I sent an email to Heidts Scott Dietrich (Director of Marketing) responded right away, he told me they will still use CE catalog and pricing as they ramp up. There may be a delay on shipping on some parts till they start fabricating from their facility.

Bowtie Coupe and Max Gearhead like this.
  9. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I hope I'm wrong about the pricing but I've been a Heidts dealer from the beginning and I know how things changed when Gary Heidt sold the business and since it's changed hands a couple times. It'd be great to wrong?

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  10. OH MY GAWD THIS IS SOOOOOO OT ! !! Somebody, quick, delete this thread ! ! ! !! hahahaha

zzford likes this.
  11. Scrampa

Scrampa

Bringing this back up because I got some more info.

I spoke with a Heidts rep on the phone today and was told they will keep manufacturing pretty much everything from the CE catalog except the solid axle stuff.

Should see items from the CE catalog start rolling back out by the end of the month.

Thor1 likes this.
  12. topher5150

topher5150

when you say solid axle stuff, are you talking about axles, are you talking front axles, or front axles and anything associated with solid axles???

13. I don't want to assume, but it's my impression that they will make everything but the forged axles. So, all the other brackets should be available. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

14. A Boner

A Boner

That sucks!

6inarow likes this.
  15. alchemy

alchemy

The old CE couldn't get the axles forged either for the last year or so. Their vendor wasn't able (willing) to do their particular high quality in such a small quantity. A rep told me at a show that they were small potatoes compared to the big farm industry stuff the foundry usually supplies.

16. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

theres lots of good will floating about,and you cant buy that anywhere

17. slug

slug

Wasn't CE one, if not the only company, offering forged early Ford axles made in the USA? Not sure about this. John

18. phat rat

phat rat

It just might be the daughter wanted to retire also, she wasn't a real young gal. She was very knowledgeable about the business and gave me a great tour of the place when I stopped there about 4 years ago. While most of us would think it was a large operation the building was really on the small side of what I'd expected to see and also a rather old building. So possibly increased cost of materials and production had affected the bottom line enough that she decided to call it quits. Another possible factor is that profitability needed production to outgrow the existing space and the cost of a new building and modernizing the equipment plus possible EPA requirements was prohibitive. Oh and dad was still in the shop or at least he was there during my visit

Benny's Ford and 34toddster like this.
  19. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Hoffman group Danny ;) :D

20. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Good news!

Visit Our Website Catalog Request Visit Us On Facebook

CHASSIS ENGINEERING PARTS ARE AVAILABLE FOR ORDER!

The Chassis Engineering integration is still ongoing, but we are excited to announce that we are now manufacturing and shipping CEI parts from our Heidts facility in Illinois! Many of the Chassis Engineering parts are now in stock with more being added daily. For pricing and availability, please give us a call today at 800-841-8188 or 319-643-2645.
    Heidts will be continuing most of the Chassis Engineering line of products, offering everything from their bolt on Mustang II IFS kits to leaf spring kits, spindles, control arms, brake packages, motor mounts, radiators and gas tanks, just to name a few. The Chassis Engineering website is currently down and being integrated with the Heidts website, but will be back up and running the week of 3/17.

For more information on Chassis Engineering Inc., or to see available products, visit www.chassisengineeringinc.com .
    For more information, visit www.heidts.com or follow us on Facebook

Heidts Automotive | 800-841-8188 | [email protected] | www.heidts.com

tb33anda3rd and Hamtown Al like this.
  21. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Definitely good news!:):cool:

22. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

"HUFFMAN" may be more 'descriptive'...

23. the flatlander

the flatlander

I sold CE axles & I bought axles from CE, always a great relationship. I think Jeanne just got tired of that business & moved on. After her best seller (the forged I beam) got too expensive to have manufactured, guess it was time to go. You guys are right, was a great company. My co. used to set up near Roy & his wife @ many NSRA events, great, friendly folks. She knew as much about the business as Roy did. (sorry can't remember her name). Of course Roy passed & Jeanne got DeeVorced...yuk, probably didn't help. And Gary sold Heidts so who knows what's happening really. We all gotta move on someday....