Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods United pacific new 32 pickup cost?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by haileyp1014, Jan 21, 2018.

1. haileyp1014

haileyp1014
    from so cal

image.jpeg Hey guys anyone know the cost of the United pacific 32 pickup body? The doors are $2000.00 each so I imagine the whole cab must be $20,000 ?

2. wvenfield

wvenfield

One would just about wonder whether or not something like this actually fits here.

3. haileyp1014

haileyp1014
    from so cal

Fiberglass cars, brookville and borderline rat rods are here, so I believe there is room for this

4. The more of them you buy, the cheaper they get. So buy several and in a couple of years they will be more reasonable.

loudbang likes this.

5. Are all parts interchangeable with original Ford parts?

loudbang likes this.
  6. haileyp1014

haileyp1014
    from so cal

Yes the parts are interchangeable according to United pacific. Doors have been out for a while but $4000 for a pair of doors is nuts

LuckySumbich and loudbang like this.
  7. joey7508

joey7508
    from TX

Cost aside I'm just glad that there is enough of a market for them to produce the truck body as well as the coupe. Makes me feel like the hobby is alive and thriving. Sometimes I feel like it is dying off, but that's already another whole thread.

8. 5window

5window

I don't see any difference in this than using after market sheet metal product-which is done here and has been done for decades.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    48fordnut, MMM1693, Budget36 and 6 others like this.
  9. BJR

BJR

Kit car - Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kit_car
    A kit car is an automobile that is available as a set of parts that a manufacturer sells and the buyer then assembles into a functioning car. Usually, many of the major mechanical systems such as the engine and transmission are sourced from donor vehicles or purchased new from other vendors. Kits vary in completeness, ...

haileyp1014 likes this.
  10. wvenfield

wvenfield

It really doesn't matter to me. It was just a thought that popped into my head. If it was the other way around, an old body with a new engine, then it wouldn't be accepted here most likely.

11. southcross2631

southcross2631

A fiberglass 32 Ford or a fiberglass 41 Willys would never be questioned on here ,why would the truck body be .

12. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

2,000 a door may sound stupid money until you have a shop @ 120.00 an hr fix your wasted ones, just playing devils advocate I'd rather some originals myself but a lot of cabs missing doors or they are almost dead anyway

13. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

New reproductions of an old engine are accepted here. Don't follow your logic.

seabeecmc likes this.
  14. haileyp1014

haileyp1014
    from so cal

Well said 1946caddy ,repop patch panels, Coker tires,repop Stromberg carbs. 32 repop bodies who cars it belongs here.
    Repop flathead parts heads, Scot blowers etc

seabeecmc and loudbang like this.
  15. Deuces

Deuces

So, what's next?
    Brand new cast iron flathead V8 blocks with all the machine work done on them???
    New crankshafts and rods??.....

seb fontana and loudbang like this.
  16. i will probably never buy one , but i'm glad someone spent the money and did the work to provide us with material to keep this hobby going for many years to come

Fordor Ron, eddie1, loudbang and 6 others like this.
  17. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

Hope so!

48fordnut, XXL__, dan31 and 3 others like this.
  18. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

United Pacific will no doubt be at the GNRS this weekend. They've had a booth at this show the last few years. I'll get some info...

19. elroy

elroy

I bought one of the doors 1700 from summit. The quality is BETTER than anything I install in the muscle car world. If it don't fit your truck,you better double check your truck.

Tim, loudbang, Dave Mc and 2 others like this.
  20. I guess I miss the point on this because some guys here have found barn find complete 32-34 REAL pickups in the 15K or less range, you cans find complete running in the 10K-25K range and very nice Hotrodded one the 20K-35K range.

At the end the day it just depends what you what to sink your money into. This is still a roller, albeit a very nice body and bed, you you would still have to put another 15K-20K of parts/manpower into it, if your lucky.
    And you will never get your money back.

This is where getting a 20K-25K done car at Barrett Jackson is the what to go.

I'm actually shopping around for the right "New Car: old car" But waiting for the right one to come along. These picks are on my list but I think I actually maybe too tall for them.

Hailey- it would unfortunate that a builder would need to get 4000.00 doors to get a car going it that was the only route available. Fixing old doors would be the way to go.

As far as whether or both this belongs here, depends on the build and a lot other factors. Sure it does. Parts is parts. That mockup in the first photo would fit the bill here all day long.

21. bchctybob

bchctybob

Those old trucks usually led a tough life. The doors weren't treated with any respect and when the limiters broke they really got mangled. I paid $1500 for two decent doors and two donor doors ten years ago because I just couldn't find any. I'm trying to fix a pair and get them back into service right now and that $1700 price is looking pretty good right now.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang, X38 and haileyp1014 like this.
  22. bchctybob

bchctybob

As far as repro bodies and panels are concerned, I don't have the time, equipment or skills to resurrect some of the rusty hulks seen on this site nor do I have the cubic dollars to buy a really nice old 32-34 Ford body so I'm glad the stuff is available from the aftermarket. As to whether they fit in here, I guess it depends more on the build style and ingredients than the source. And of course, the moderators opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang, 5window and haileyp1014 like this.
  23. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

For the hard core "old car guys", how many OEM Model A or 1932 patch panels are used to put these old bodies back together? None. It's about the look and style to me, not the actual date of manufacture.
    SPark

fauj, loudbang, Hnstray and 1 other person like this.
  24. 5window

5window

Here's another thought: Fellow A buys an original, takes to a pro shop-gets a new chassis, front end, IFS rear, blown, bored and stroked motor. fancy paint, big time upholstery. Fellow B buys a UP body because he doesn't know body work.. Struggles to restore the chasssis-fits on his own running gear. Puts in a rebuilt motor, butt he does the fitting. Does his own body prep, helps a buddy paint his car, puts in an upholstery kit but installs it himself. Works to make parts he gets fit and makes this his own car. I think only one of these cars is really HAMB worthy-both can be street rods, only one is a hot rod. You can't buy a hot rod.

Texas57, samurai mike, rc57 and 5 others like this.
  25. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ever price out a '28-'29 Model A Closed Cab pickup door, that is in excellent condition?

X38 likes this.
  26. wvenfield

wvenfield

There was a very nice original 32 that just sold here for somewhere around 20k. Maybe this thread caused someone to realize what a deal it was.

27. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

gimpyshotrods said, "Ever price out a '28-'29 Model A Closed Cab pickup door, that is in excellent condition?"

DSC01971.JPG

Yes! These doors were crap and I paid $1,000 each plus labor to make them right.

48fordnut, loudbang, Hnstray and 2 others like this.
  28. 6-bangertim

6-bangertim
    from California

So, what's next?
    Brand new cast iron flathead V8 blocks with all the machine work done on them???
    New crankshafts and rods??.....

Wasn't H&H working on a ALUMINUM flathead block a couple years back?

29. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The same guy that makes the new 4 banger blocks (he has a thread on here somewhere) already has this project well under way. As to rods and cranks, SCAT and Eagle come to mind.

Hnstray, lurker mick and sidevalve8ba like this.
  30. fleetside66

fleetside66

On the surface, the 2K a pop doesn't seem so bad, actually, considering the hell you have to go through to resurrect one. Check out my before & after that I did about 10 years ago. Imagine my frustration with those, especially considering it was the first time I did it. But, I'm wondering exactly what you get for the price. I'm thinking it's just a shell. Don't forget that there's a lot of crap that is needed for those doors that probably doesn't come with it, such as the window winders, the door latch mechanisms, the strikers, the windows, the handles, the lock thingies, the rubber seals, stops & anti-rattle bumpers, the U-shaped (felt lined) window guides, the mirrors, the hinges, the little fuzzy window scraper strips, the top & bottom access panels, the triangular access panel on the inside (and I'm sure there's stuff I forgot). Fortunately, they're re-popping a lot of that stuff, which was not around when I did mine. So, maybe 3K is more like it? Suddenly a decent donor isn't looking too bad. Plus, if you're going to chop it, you're going to have to slice & dice your gleaming new jewel. It's a tough decision, for sure. It's not a far stretch to consider I'd probably get more for my '33 if I parted it out than if I sold it whole. Aye-yi-yi!

P5130623.jpg