Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs People looking

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Keith50, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Was 196 #'s

Was 196 #'s

Let's hope he keeps his fingers out of the mouse trap.

2. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Pretty simple really. It’s not your car and you should NEVER step on it. You were the exact problem everyone is talking about here.

SPark

3. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

If I'm standing there, I don't have a problem with someone wanting to get into my car, the good thing about the Lincoln push button doors is most people have no idea how to open the doors! Kinda keeps the riff raff out. Most of the folks that look at mine have no idea what kind of car it is anyway.

I did have to get a dude off of an OT 74 Maverick I had one time. I will talk to anybody, this guy seemed to be OK, that is until he leaned his ass against my plastic grill that nobody reproduces. Had to ask him twice not to lean against the grill, explaining how hard it is to find an unbroken Grabber grill. He acted kinda dumbfounded at first, then realized his mistake.

As to getting in the wrong vehicle, I had that happen to me once at a WalMart. I had drove the wife's white Expedition, come out of the store, got in what I thought was mine, but the key didn't fit, wtf? Tried my other key which was for my F150, same model just a year older, it didn't fit either. Got out, looked in the next row, spotted the wife's license plate frame, one of those with the embossed puppy foot prints on it. Felt about two inches tall. After that, I started looking around, was really surprised at how many white Expeditions there were running around. I also made sure I saw her plate frame to make sure it was her car, too.

4. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Actually they had to group up to be like us...;)

belair and loudbang like this.
  5. Last summer a few of our group were at car show at Lake Metigoshe (straddles the border of Manitoba and North Dakota), anyway this unattended boy about 6 or 7 years old climbs up on the running board of one of our groups vehicles. A friend and I were sitting in the shade a few vehicles away and when we saw what was happening I shouted, fairly loudly, Hey, don't climb on that car. The kid got down and there really was no harm done. Less than a minute later the kids dad walked up and let me know he was pretty pissed off that I had yelled at his boy. I said it was too bad I had had to yell at his kid, but at his age he should already know to look but not touch. The dad said he probably didn't know any better as no one had ever told him. I smiled at the dad and said maybe I should be yelling at you then, maybe you should go and have a talk with him.

Funny, the dad came back a little bit later and said he was sorry for both his kids and his behavior. It seems he was talking to some other folks and they backed up what I had said. Anyway, at least 2 people learned a little bit about respect that day.

bobss396, Thor1, safetythird and 5 others like this.
  6. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

A funny one.
    I dropped my wife off at the mall. I’m allergic to the place.
    After dropping her off I drove back around to sneak along the curb in front to wait. After 15 minutes
    A car passes me. Same color and make, pulls up to the front door.
    There I sit watching my wife get into this unknown car. The car drove off!!
    I about shit.
    So did the driver of the other car and my wife.
    Neither was paying much attention and both screamed after realizing it wasn’t their spouses in the other seat.
    I laughed until my stomach ached.

7. Duellym

Duellym

I find it really rude that people put heir hands all over peoples cars, like they have 0 respect for it. I was always taught to not touch peoples cars by my father. If its a little kid that's one thing, but an adult, that's just being a dick.

now people getting IN your car is completely weird, I think I'd skip the yelling at them part and go straight to the beating.

this also reminds me I should probably buy a door lock for my truck.

8. Close but me and my wife left a store and walked through the parking lot. I went straight to my OT pick up truck and she went to another one about 4 stalls away and stood there by the door waiting for me to unlock it and let her in. She finally realized and came and got in the right truck and wasn't going to say a word about it. I did and she broke down about how she wondered why I wasn't unlocking the door to let her in and couldn't imagine where I was until she walked around the back of that truck thinking I may have fell and then she realized. I do have a bad knee that goes out so I just said, I know.

Atwater Mike, Petejoe and loudbang like this.
  9. Sort of related to topic: During the Viet Nam war, I came down from the hills and went to work in a shipyard in San Francisco refurbing WW2 Victory ships for cargo transport. I was working night shift and one night at midnight I parked my '60 Squarebird in front of our shop and left the engine running while I ran in to get something before heading home. I came out and found a young black girl sitting in the passenger seat. Seems her boyfriend threw her out of the car and left her stranded. All she wanted was a ride home. OK, nice guy me says sure, just tell me the way as I don't live in this town. Well, as we progress, I notice the neighborhood is looking a little seedy. She has me stop in front of a bar with about 2 dozen big black dudes hanging about. They're all giving me the evil eye as she casually steps out. Didn't know where I was heading, but that T'Bird was hauling the mail. Never looked back until I got home. Seems real funny now........

czuch, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  10. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

If I see someone sitting in my car I'm going to rush into the passenger seat and yell "I got the loot! Let's get out of here, the cops just pulled in!" and hope he shits his pants after he jumps out.

11. k9racer

k9racer

I have a old H D with custom paint. It has a scratch on the top of the fuel tank. When I catch some one on my bike I take a cell phone photo while they are sitting on my seat . I will then tell them they scratched my 2 thousand dollar paint job and I want them to pay for repairs. For some reason they leave fast.

raven, williebill, powrshftr and 2 others like this.
  12. Mike

Mike

Functional or non-functional, they shouldn't be standing on them without permission anyhow.

WiredSpider and loudbang like this.
  13. LAROKE

LAROKE

I have a friend who sometimes points to a scratch on his '69 Vette and sez "My son did that. He would have been twelve this year."

14. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It is not always the non-car folks. Years ago when I was into OT British cars there was a really nice guy that was fun to be around. His wife was nice too--just nice people. They had a couple of really nice roadsters.

The problem? This nice guy always leaned or sat on someone's front fender at the car shows. Never his cars, you understand, but always someone else's car.

My wife's theory is that he was just an asshole. Hard to argue with that, I guess.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  15. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I like 'em with mustard, onions, and chili...Mmmmm....:D

16. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

In the late 50s and early 60s, there were always people looking under our car for what ever. Being in a competitive stock car racing class (A/Stock) brought our the fast supercharged Fords, Chevy Biscaynes/Impalas, big Buicks and Pontiacs. So, what ever advantage it took to get something that makes your car go faster…that was the ticket. Obvious no motor mods or headers, etc. But, there were other things that helped, which were ok.

My friend’s 57 Bel Air was good looking and fast, but we saw several 57 Bel Air Sedans in the stock classes at Lions, with Traction Master Bars. So, we added a set. That improved his 57 Chevy in the Cherry Ave acceleration times.

But, just because we won several races with the Impala in the A/Stock classes, there were other people hanging around looking at the motor, tires, suspension, and under the car for other mods. They would come around being interested in the black Impala. Then would lean on the car, as they looked underneath…for what? Who knows. You can’t see the Positraction gears, there were no Traction Master bars, no headers into collectors, etc.

When the exhaust cut outs were open for the timed runs prior to the actual stock car eliminations, that would have given cause to check those out. Also, those cool chromed scavenger pipes were allowed for a while. The people that did not have them said it was altering the stock exhaust system and had them banned at the drags.

We had a set of dual pipes for each down tube exhaust cut out attachment points. The results were negligible, some good, some bad. But, they created a little weird sound from the exhaust.

During this time, people were crawling all over the top stock car class winners trying to find something that was not right or something that made them win…Was it quick reaction times? Powerful motor with a good tune? Fast shifting for better E.T. People did not get it that all of the above makes trophy winners, not cheating speed parts.

Since this was just Lions Dragstrip action and not a national championship, there were no tear downs to see if there were some “different parts” inside of the motor. Honesty, powerful car, and hard work was the best answer for those naysayers.

Jnaki

“Hey buddy, get off of my car…” I could see why some of the top drag racers had roped off areas in the pits. It was just to keep the "looky loos" from touching, interfering or doing things while work was happening between rounds. The faster the car, the more unusual, the louder it is, well, that just draws those bees to flowers.

17. They learn it from Keith Martin on the show Whats My Car Worth... that guy is always putting his paws all over peoples cars... drives me crazy watching it....
    Chappy

seb fontana likes this.
  18. exterminator

exterminator

One time i went to a car show at my grand daughters school and i noticed a older lady leaning up against my rear right fender on my 40 ford pickup. I waited for a few minutes and when she didn't move, i walked over to her and told her that this truck was mine and not to lean on it. Now my truck is by no means a " Show Truck" but it has a 50 foot paint job! Anyway, she got huffy and walked off mumbling something. Never seemed to understand why i asked her to move off my truck. The big one happened to a buddy of mine with his 33ford coupe when a guy let his young son slide down his front fender. The man was lucky because my buddy always carried a gun and had a little bit of a temper. He didn't bring it that day so just a chewout happened. And the man did not think he was wrong! :eek:

19. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

IMG_2351.JPG
    people are always scared to get in mine with the no door panels on the front doors:)
    I am always thinking about painting it and making it nice but then I would probably come out and find some COW parked on the hood:)

20. thomas.parker197

thomas.parker197

Ya know, I get how disrespectful some people are, but there have certainly been some nasty comments made in this thread. I guess all of ya'll are perfect specimens of humanity physically with size 2 wives and girlfriends.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

21. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I am a damn long way from perfect but I wouldn't get on someone's car or bike either.
    I had a 66 SS Chevelle hood ruined when someone sat on it because they thought that since the car wasn't painted it would be ok.

Runnin shine likes this.
  22. thomas.parker197

thomas.parker197

Neither would I.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

23. Steves46

Steves46
    from Florida

These stories are just absolutely shocking! A reminder that Darwin may have been right...wait...apes aren’t that frickin stupid.

enloe likes this.
  24. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

there is a commercial out now for some product I can't remember, probably for boner pills, where this group of old farts are at a car show, and one walks up and opens a hood of a 40 sedan and they all stand there and look at the motor. sure didn't look like it belonged to any of them. the producers probably thought that is what people do at shows.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  25. My t-bucket seems to draw the idiots right into it, I dont know if it's the no top aspect or what it is but several times I've caught people in it.
    The most surprising was once at a show at Buffalo's Central Terminal (historic gigantic train station), I was inside looking at the restored building and came out to find the show's organizer sitting in my car giving a live interview with one of the local news stations !
    I looked at my buddy and said what the hell, then said if that guy takes credit for my car I'm going to disrupt his interview. We both laughed but as soon as it was over I laid into him, he said the t.v. crew told him the owner said it was ok to get in the car....bastards !

26. philo426

philo426

Personally,I would never touch another guys car let alone get in it without permission.My view on running boards is...do Not step on them!Most are just for show and the risk of damage too great!

WiredSpider likes this.
  27. Or knocking someone's teeth out:mad:

28. Jim Lato

Jim Lato

Are you kidding me? What the hell. I mean what is going through these peoples minds. Just entitled to just help themselves to YOUR car. It’s not in a field... or a yard.. I’d roundhouse that mother sucker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29. I have come to the conclusion that most people are stupid and are idiots. Car shows and cruise nights attract non-car people for some reason... hell, some car OWNERS are not car people... Car people understand the etiquette that goes with looking at someone's car. The dip shit that shows up with his army of snot-drizzled kids is there just for the ice cream truck. Their wives want to go because car guys are HOT and their husbands are not.

30. I didn't read all 6 pages and apologize if this has been mentioned, but is this considered against the law? I could go to a mall and just open unlocked car doors all day and that's fine?

Runnin shine likes this.