Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs People looking

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Keith50, Jan 17, 2018.

1. 50 customcoupe

50 customcoupe

I'm 74 years old and don't remember all of the details of how this worked. Do any of you guys remember the old trick of hot wiring your coil to shock any one who touched your car ?? Maybe a form of that should be put back into use again. Maybe the dumb ass's would get the idea not to touch

2. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Never saw anyone in my car. But once I went to the grocery store in my '62 Lark. 383 SBC with very lumpy cam. Came out to find a guy laying under it. I said "Hope you weren't there when I pulled in." He wanted to see what was in it and was not going to open the hood or some other no class act.

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

And have a good lawyer in your book.

41 C28 and czuch like this.
  4. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not mine, but I did the majority of the restoration.

5. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I knew it was a Cat before I finished reading it...:cool:
    I'm a Ski-Doo guy but, yeah...

wicarnut likes this.
  6. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Had my Clipper at a local sale. Knowing it's there for sale I was fairly lenient about opening doors and such, until this dirty old fuck walks up with a cup of coffee, no lid on it, opens the door and plops his fat ass on the seat. I get there before he gets all the way in and say, "Can I please hold your coffee for you while you check it out. My car and I don't drink coffee in it." "I don't want this thing I just need a place to sit." "At $88 a yard for that wool you can sit elsewhere. Get out please." "Fuck, I'm sorry I even picked this thing to sit in." "Well you and me both now asshole, get lost." An observer gives a thumbs up and says "Good for you, he deserved it." "Sad that it went that way but whatcha gonna do? Thanks..."

raven, Vanness, Bruce Fischer and 6 others like this.
  7. Papas32

Papas32
    from No.Ia.

One of many, my wife and I drove the roadster to a local restaurant for dinner one night and parked by the front window. Went in and got a table by the window. While we were eating, my wife looked up and said "Look". Here was a guy with his foot on the side of the body, grabbing the door and trying to pull the door open! I ran out and asked him what the h--l he was doing. He said he wanted to sit in the car but was to old to jump over the door and he couldn't get the door open. I told him to take a hike if he knew what was good for him.

loudbang likes this.
  8. 327Eric

327Eric

You guys show great restraint. Me, not so much.

9. topher5150

topher5150

This thread is making my head hurt

10. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

Back when I still rode, I had a sweet FXLR with flamed paint that always attracted attention. On several occasions I would come out of a restaurant/bar/store and found a family letting their scruffy offspring sit on the seat and make vroom vroom sounds. This always resulted in a small confontation and hard feelings. I finally zip-tied a leather holster to the tank strap. Then when Biff and Buffy’s scruffy kid ran up to the bike and the parents saw that empty holster, they pulled the little urchin away quickly while looking around carefully. Perhaps a similar “signal”on the dash or steering wheel would have the same effect.

raven, Truck64, 1935streetrod and 8 others like this.
  11. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^^^^^^^
    "Protected by GLOCK Alarm System"

indestructableforce and mkebaird like this.
  12. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

A friend came back to his OT 69 Charger at a cruise night to find a guy sitting in it. Now he’s careful to roll up the windows and lock the doors, but still has to close the gas cap from time to time.

At the hotel at Frog Follies a couple of years ago, a family was wandering around. No big deal, a lot of people wander around the impromptu car show in the parking lot. Somebody caught them perching their kids on a hood, and some loud words were exchanged. I happened to look out my room window at the time, and could pretty clearly hear what was being said, from the third floor, with the windows closed.

People can’t seem to leave things alone.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

rodncustomdreams and loudbang like this.
  13. Same here. Got to do a quick scan for witnesses or any silly shit like it. I got no problem dumping some douche on his ass if nobody is looking.

14. Mike

Mike

Several years ago at the Saturday night Pavillions cruise night in Scottsdale, I'm there with my '48 Ford Fordor and standing in front of the car talking with friends. Two well dressed middle aged women open the rear door and climb into the back seat. I walked over and asked them what they were doing sitting in my car. Their reply was " They're on display, right?" I told them that means they can look at them, not climb inside them. I told them to get out and they walked away acting like I was some kind of asshole.

Another night at the Pavillions, I'm there in my '52 F-1 ford pick up, kinda beat up with very faded and oxidized green paint. I'm parked next to a really nice late '60s Dodge Charger. Two gomers in kakhi shorts, polo shirts and big white tennis shoes are leaning with their butts against my left front fender eyeballing and talking about the Charger. I just smiled and waited for them to walk away, knowing what would happen. When they walked away, they both had big, green imprints on the back of their shorts. That'll learn 'em.

Again at the Pavillion, me just having some fun this time. I'm there with my '55 T-Bird. It's Barrett Jackson auction weekend, so the place is completely hammered out. So crowded that I had to park my machine in the isle. I'm walking around and eating a MacDonalds cheeseburger. As I finish eating the burger, I just happen to be next to my car. I looked around furtively, tossed the wadded up wrapper into my car and walked away. I got some interesting looks from people as I walked off. Good fun.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  15. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Or picked him up by the ankles and slam him on the pavement until he had a flathead. See what I did there?

16. back in the 60s my uncle did something like that on a VW , shocked me real good. i think it had something to do with a big capacitor? too bad he is gone so i can't ask him

i've had people climb into my `29 Tudor and my current `28 Tudor at cars shows.....both times when i asked them to get out they looked surprised and shocked and couldn't understand why. i was not very polite to them

loudbang likes this.
  17. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

All you need to do is take a piece of 12 or 10 gauge multi strand wire long enough to reach to the pavement add about 1 foot then strip that foot to drag or touch the ground and put the out her end on one of the spark plug terminal on the distributor cap with the plug wire and As long as the car is running any one who touches your car will get a shock. You can do the same thing with a Model T Coil just put a off and on switch on it . T Coils already have the points mounted on them. It's a shocking experience. You could probably hook it up to a remote switch like the new cars have.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    indestructableforce and loudbang like this.
  18. Kinda off topic, but here goes......... I went to a cruise one night with a friend, in my car. We got split up looking and talking to the owners of the other cars. When I get back to my car my friend is sitting in the front seat reading a magazine. He said someone asked him how long he owned the car. He answered that he just wanted a place to sit down and read his magazine. I laughed till I cried.

loudbang and Bruce Fischer like this.
  19. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

Around eight years ago, I had a ford model y phaeton which looks like a scaled down 34 ford, wife and I are driving through city centre, we stop at traffic lights, male junkie stands on running board, to impress his junkie female friend, lights go green, I floored it, he hung on as long as he could until I swerved,watched him fall off and bounce along the road, great fun for wife and I, painful experience for junkie.

20. LOL It used to be strip clubs, blues bars and biker runs, was where you found all the bad asses. Now, it's parking lot cruises. I think that, maybe, just maybe, you guys are tough enough to be in the Pharoahs. You know that's what you want...

Thor1, czuch, wraymen and 4 others like this.
  21. toml24

toml24

I learned a very big lessen years ago at a car show. I'm never a person to put my paws on a display car, anytime, anywhere, for any reason. Having said that, I came upon a vintage car that I wanted to check out the interior. This car had running boards. I carefully stepped onto the driver side running board for closer look inside and the owner ran over and quickly admonished for my decision. Turns out his running boards were glass, and by his behavior I could have fractured the running board with my body weight. Since that experience I have never stepped on any running board. Just how is a person to know a running board is only for show and never to be stepped on?

22. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

You might want to think that one through, don’t want to get hauled off on the back of a servi-car.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

rodncustomdreams and czuch like this.
  23. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Ask?

24. 41 C28

41 C28

Have never had any unauthorized car sitters. I've let many kids and some adults sit in my roadster for photo opts if they show an interest. What amazes me is how many people leave the keys hanging in the ignitions at car shows and cruise ins, that could turn out real bad.

loudbang likes this.
  25. Was 196 #'s

Was 196 #'s

Apparently the HAMB truly is amazing -- you guys have brought a smile to my face, no shit -- really . . .

loudbang, rodncustomdreams and czuch like this.
  26. toml24

toml24

Ask who? The idea that a non-functional running board on a car show restored car was just for show and tell never crossed my mind until then. I have no doubt now it's not an exception but the rule.

27. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

A Servicar, with the rider having you in a suicide clutch.
    It just gets worse.

rodncustomdreams likes this.
  28. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

If it looks like someone spent several hundred dollars on repop rubber boards, or an entire day rubbing out the paint, maybe you shouldn't step on them. ;)

I think that's part of the issue, actually. Our society only understands objects as disposable and easily replaceable. Your typical Wal-Mart / Amazon mouth breather has no idea how much time, work, and money we dump into these cars - or WHY. As a country we lack mechanical skills. The next time someone treats your car like a park bench, offer them to stop by your shop and help out. After you pick them up off the concrete, of course. o_O

29. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Another HAN story. Had my 40 at the Peppermill and had gone downtown with a friend to look around. When we came back there were a couple of Biker guys across the isle that we had talked with that also had a nice 40 coupe there who came over to see us. They said some kinda trashy looking chicks with a camera guy in tow were going around taking pictures. I guess they were all over my car sprawled out taking pictures and inside as well! They went over and told em to get the hell off the car and get gone! They took a few pics with their cell and they were quite interesting to say the least. Thanked em and bought em a few drinks.

30. Gary. What gets me at car show is how all the people what to run their greasy hands over your paint job. Like my state trooper car I had. Whats with that???LOL. Bruce. 009.JPG

exterminator and enloe like this.