Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Help me find a thieving, no good, dirty bastard from Australia...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

IMG_6563.JPG Ryan; H.R.P. Just gave him one to copy and print on page 2. It's looks like a good one to copy. That took less than a minute to do.

kiwijeff and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Actually, you can legally record people in public places where they have no reasonable expectation of privacy, that would include a booth or sales spot at a swap meet where the public is invited.

chryslerfan55 and Irish Mike like this.
  3. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

4. models916

models916

Most of you guys are thinking copyright instead of trademark. Nothing to copyright about that logo. It's a registered trademark of the HAMB or other owner. You cannot use that logo to represent yourself or your company/product. But, as an example, Grocery stores can post a copy of Pepsi logo in their window or sell Pepsi products with the logo for profit. It's just an advertising brand still referencing the original owner.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  5. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

I think the artwork of the woman leaning against the engine stand was created by Ryan or some associate of the HAMB, so a copyright would apply to that portion of the image while a trademark would apply to the logo. I think it was mentioned at the beginning of the thread that the whole image was hijacked from a HAMB calender.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  6. Start manufacturing and selling the Pepsi logos for profit & see what happens.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    Cosmo50, chryslerfan55 and Blues4U like this.
  7. There was a model car part resin caster... he got a cease and desist letter from Firestone's lawyers. He was making 1/25 scale whitewall tires for the hobby probably for 20 years. Now his stuff has plain walls, no logos. Some of the model car companies got the same thing from Goodyear and most likely Firestone too.

8. Anyone can Google Hamb Calendar and have instant images,99% of the time it's guys like you and I just looking of course there is that 1% that uses it for personal gain,I didn't make it easy for anyone. HRP

Hamb Calendar

9. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Try getting permission to reproduce an item made by Ford and see what happens.

29bowtie, chryslerfan55 and bobss396 like this.
  10. haileyp1014

haileyp1014
    from so cal

Speedway knocks everything off ,So you want us to be your personal army? Mission accepted

6inarow likes this.
  11. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

I know the guy comes from Bendigo. I also know the phone number is listed to a Melbourne - Dandenong Window cleaning service that appears to be no longer in business. I had expected him to be at the Centre State Swap (in Bendigo) today but he was a no show so I am no further advanced to find him.
    I also know he drives a mini bus with the script of the name he trades under painted above the back window. This name is not a registered business name.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    fuzzybear, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  12. Deuces

Deuces

Guess he knows he's "WANTED" dead or alive.....:mad::D:rolleyes:

chevy57dude likes this.
  13. Lots of snakes in Australia! Here is one that did not get away.
    upload_2018-1-21_11-51-33.png

chryslerfan55 and HOTFR8 like this.
  14. fordpatina

fordpatina

Ryan how about puting a V12 in the picture instead of the V8

15. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

Then there's the question about changing something 7% to avoid copyrights and/or trademarks.

16. oldtymehiboy

oldtymehiboy
    from Indiana

Damn Ryan,
    I sure Hope You catch Him and throw a Texas Lasso around His Neck
    and Drag him thru the streets of Austin.
    If that don't work out for you, I have Quigley's cell number.
    He can drop a Varmit at 1200 yards with his 1874 Sharps 45/70 Cal. Rifle.
    I load his Shells - I'll put in a few more grams of power for this Varmit.
    Just let me know.
    BTW
    Thank You So Very Much - Sir,
    For the Hamb. & All the Effort You put toward it.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  17. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

That's not entirely true. When you file for patents or trademarks, etc....you have to specify exactly what you are seeking to protect in your design or art. Obviously in this case, the word or letters HAMB are the primary target to claim as protected, even if the background shape or color isn't specified as being the intent. Same for a patent, you can change a part with a patent 70% or 80% and think you are safe, but unless you change the actual elements or attributes that are spelled out in the patent application as being what the patent is protecting, you still are infringing on that design and can have a lawsuit on you that you won't win.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  18. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

I truly wonder if he knows just what a nasty thing he has done copying something that is trade marked.

19. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

zman, kiwijeff, flatheadpete and 11 others like this.
  20. king of the mercs

king of the mercs

I GO TO ALOT OF SWAP MEETS AND YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT MAY SHOW UP. IT IS A SMALL WORLD SOMETIMES. MIGHT EVEN SHOW UP IN OUR SIDE OF THE WORLD.

21. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Why are you yelling?

22. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

23. Ryan, we saw this clown at the Berwick Swap Meet this morning, no business cards to be seen anywhere but, 63compact got some details for you. Hopefully this helps. Good luck.

grumpy32, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  24. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When you know that it is copyrighted material the individual or company that produced it is still in business and protects their brand, you are indeed a lowlife. Here ignorance of the facts isn't a viable excuse. Being half way around the globe isn't an excuse either just because you figure that you will never be found out.
    Even finding the image on line and thinking that actually was printed for 1953 and deciding to use it without doing five minutes of research to find it's true origin is pretty lame. From experience of going to evens with a HAMB shirt on most rodders and car guys know what the HAMB is even if they feel they have to make a snide remark in about it.

25. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

What , no picture of the guy?

26. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Really.

27. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

Ha Ha Ha what did you expect a H.AM.B wanted poster ? lol

28. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Hell Yeah!!!

29. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Did you ask him for his phone number?

30. 63Compact

63Compact

Didn't take his pic but have fowarded the required info on to Ryan. He's ripping off a lot of people, edelbrock,moon,hop up, the big 3. Maybe a class action is required because he doesn't seem to give a shit.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.