Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 30 Ford coupe build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fitnessguy, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

They will be painted black and i may add an upholstered insert at some point. The upholstery is a really dark brown so a small insert would look cool with the black. I can fab up a simple border to hold the insert in place. I will let it evolve as it happens.

Stogy, brEad, Jake Sippl and 2 others like this.
  2. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Well have one door panel 99 percent done. Lots of fiddling to get everything lined up and clean looking. Been chatting back and forth with my painter. if not black we are thinking they might look cool painted the same colour as the body and mounted with the stainless screws. There will be a leather door pull handle mounted near the top in the middle as well that matches the seat upholstery. Been fun building these. Pic of the upholstery as well. Love the colour!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

mgtstumpy, chop job, Stogy and 4 others like this.
  3. brady1929

brady1929

4. 31chevymike

31chevymike

5. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Stopped by the upholstery shop today to discuss carpet for the car and look at samples. They have the seat back 90 percent done. Love how it has turned out so far. Got the other door panel trimmed and mounted on the weekend and got the kick panels cut and bead rolled as well. They need a little trimming and then get them mounted. IMG_4331.JPG IMG_4332.JPG IMG_4333.JPG IMG_4334.JPG

6. Sweeeeet!

loudbang likes this.
  7. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Those the caravan seat? Looks great.
    The door panel is really nice. Really coming together. Good job

loudbang likes this.
  8. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Yup that’s the same seat in all the mock-up pics. He was working on the bottom today.

loudbang likes this.
  9. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

10. chop job

chop job
    from Wisconsin
    1. WISCONSON HAMBERS

Crafty. Nice work.

loudbang likes this.
  11. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Picked up the completed seat yesterday. Love how the shifter boots turned out as well.

[​IMG][​IMG]

12. wackdaddy

wackdaddy

13. wackdaddy

wackdaddy

Ooops ... meant to add : That is damn fine looking. Nice job

loudbang and Fitnessguy like this.
  14. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is the really fun part of the build, seeing all the nice finishing parts come together! Nice job!

loudbang likes this.
  15. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Thanks man. Each part has been fun for its own reason but it is definitely rewarding to be at this stage. Sounds funny but it’s kinda nerve racking too because I want to get this part right!

loudbang and Max Gearhead like this.
  16. Dave Friend

Dave Friend

Hi
    Are you in Mission or the interior? ( If you don't mind answering.) I live in the interior and go to the coast often and would not mind seeing your car. I just finished my 30 coupe high boy in Sept and have to do the maiden trip to see if every thing is good. What a bummer to wait till spring. Are you or do you go to the tradex show in Abbotsford in April? Like you said, you are at the fun part of the build, not that the other wasn't
    Regards
    Dave

loudbang likes this.
  17. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

I'm in Kamloops. I have gone to the show in abbotsford. it's ok, i always decide last minute

loudbang likes this.
  18. Dave Friend

Dave Friend

Hi
    I also live in Kamloops. I won't be back until April.so will contact you then.
    Stay warm
    Regards
    Dave

loudbang likes this.
  19. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Too funny. so you are staying warm down south it sounds like?

loudbang likes this.
  20. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Set the seat in the coupe today to see how she looks. Can't be happier. Tomorrow's project is the quarter panel panels by the seat to finish off the interior panels. Still need to decide on carpet colour. I could always go simple black but thinking maybe a lighter brown/beige might look best with the maroon paint. Will make that final choice once the cars painted.
    IMG_4379.JPG IMG_4380.JPG

mgtstumpy, brEad, Rich B. and 2 others like this.
  21. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

This just finally arrived! need to decide on whether to mount on the quarter panel or direct on the tank.
    IMG_4414.JPG

mgtstumpy, brEad, chop job and 4 others like this.
  22. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Seat looks great. Did you have to cut off the handle to let the back down off for it to fit ? The plastic hinge covers removed ?
    Excellent tin work on the interior.
    IMHO, that gas cap should be shown off on the outside of the car, it’s a beauty

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

brEad and Stogy like this.
  23. Same issue here, and was just going to start a thread regarding such...... But- thinking of "tulip" panel instead of 1/4.........Still might ask for the consensus.....

24. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I agree with @Dino 64 for filler location to be outside not only to showcase the beauty of the cap but for fumes and spills to be kept outside. Quarter is easiest for access but one must be careful with the substructure in that area. Fitness is your seat back even with the package tray?

Dino 64 likes this.
  25. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Thanks dino I cut the handle off then welded it back on set towards the seat more to clear the body. Works like a charm. Ya the cap is pretty sweet. Will chat with my body guy about it location. I have my tank sitting pretty high in the trunk so need to make sure I can run a filler tube.

Stogy and Dino 64 like this.
  26. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Ya I’ve seen it done on the tulip as well. Seems like more work but maybe not. I just want it to be clean. We shall see. Start your thread, let’s see what the peanut gallery has to say

27. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

You’re always pressuring me! Ha ha the cap is a thing of beauty. Ya the top of the seat sits like a half inch in front of the package tray and maybe an inch below it for a nice clean look. I’m a top hot rod builder published in big time magazines, I plan all this stuff out! Ha ha ha

wackdaddy, Max Gearhead and Stogy like this.