Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs People looking

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Keith50, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Keith50

Keith50

Ok so I understand that our cars get looked at when they are parked some where, its not a problem. But I just had a work buddy come in and tell me he caught a guy sitting in my car in the parking lot. So I go out and of course. Hes gone but the sun visor is pulled down, and the door and hood are popped open. Come on people have enought respect and courtesy to ask first. Really pissed me off.

2. Can you lock the car?

Stogy and pat59 like this.
  3. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I don't blame you for getting pissed..No damage so let it slide and lock it in the future..If you caught him could have been way more damage all around..

4. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking for the car keys.

5. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

I used to help out at a local museum and one day drove my 49 Hudson coupe. I had it parked out front, unlocked since I was only going to be a few minutes. When I came out there were to high school girls sitting in the back seat. They thought the car was cool so I gave them a ride around the block. Couldn't do that today with all the stuff going on.

Jugornot, loudbang, Mikel50 and 3 others like this.
  6. A guy and his kids were in my '40 coupe one day at a show.....asked why, the guy said "there was no sign that says stay out". I then asked him if his wife wore a sign that says "hands off".......he decided to leave very quickly.....

7. topher5150

topher5150

sounds like the story line to a short film that I recently saw.

8. earlymopar

earlymopar

Perfect come back!

- EM

9. Keith50

Keith50

Lookingfor keys is what im thinking to. It now parked in front of the front door

10. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

I've had it happen a few times. Once I had parked my old '38 Buick in front of a restauraunt, front row, but otherwise normal parking. After dinner I came out to find a whole family in my car. When I asked then what they were doing, "dad" gave me a line of shit by saying that the car was a "prop" from the restaurant. Apparently that made more sense than a guy in his early '30s driving his car to get a sandwich...

Jugornot likes this.
  11. I had a 64 1/2 Mustang convertible one summer. Most times I drove it the top was down, and if I left it parked somewhere I'd often come back to find someone sitting in it. One time when I asked the offender to get out he just climbed out over the door instead of opening the door. :mad:

Too many people don't have any respect for other people's property anymore.

12. rjones35

rjones35

I've never caught anybody in my car, that's just crazy! but I have thought that even with it parked and locked, it wouldn't really take much to get in it, it's old, none of the windows close tight, wing windows, etc...... it's a stick, so hop in, put it in neutral, and roll it away......

13. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

Shoe on the other foot, drove my white 57 Chevy to the small PX on base, came out about 10 minutes later and got back into the car. There was a lady sitting in front and two small kids sitting in the back. Turn to her and asked if she and the kids needed a ride someplace. She replied, "sure, but could I wait for her husband". Sure, no problem. Then I notice no floor shifter, no tach, regular stock steering wheel and then her husband show up and the only thing I could come up with, "hey this is not my car".

14. I was at a show many years ago and a guy asked to sit in my car. Being the nice guy I am, I said okay. He thought it was a friggin' used car lot! WTF??!!:rolleyes:

hrm2k, LOU WELLS and Bruce Fischer like this.
  15. I haven't had it happen to me personally but...

We were in Pigeon Forge about 20 years ago and my friend Rene' & I were having breakfast and his wife looked out the window and said,"Rene' someone is sitting in your car."

He jumped up from the table and started out the door,his wife said please go with him and don't let him do something stupid.

Just before Rene' got to the car the old man lifted the drivers side of the 4 piece hood and actually tossed it over the other side of the car and it was still flexing when I caught up to Rene',he was already screaming at the old fellow.

"What the HeLL do you think your doing"?

The old man must have thought all the old cars were for sell because he said he was thinking about buying the Plymouth.

Rene,still yelling,"Do you see a ******* sign on my ****** car?

I was afraid Rene' was going to hit the old man and then he ask the man where was his car and he pointed out the new Cadillac sitting near by and Rene walked over and slammed his clinched fist on the hood several times and he actually dented the hood,then the old man started yelling and about this time the old mans wife said she was calling the police and Rene said, "good,your old man just ruined my hood"

We went back in the restaurant and Rene's wife was fuming,she was mad because Rene' gave the old man a hard time and me because I was suppose to stop him.

The old man and his wife left,the police never showed up and to my knowledge the old Plymouth hood still had a crease in it. HRP

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    49ratfink, Murocmaru, Spoggie and 3 others like this.
  16. .............Was there any alcohol involved here?:D;)

kadillackid, dan c, LOU WELLS and 5 others like this.
  17. LAROKE

LAROKE

I was with my friend Paul O'Keefe at a cruise-in. We came out of the restaurant to find a middle-aged couple in the front seat of his ride "Lowfat" shown here. He is a mild-manned guy but he gave them a red-ass chewing out. They were clueless and it didn't have much of an effect on them.

[​IMG]

18. rjones35

rjones35

HAHAHA!!! Thats funny!!

19. topher5150

topher5150

not my car nor a hot rod, but still funny. My mom was coming back from getting groceries, hit the unlock button on her mini van loaded everything up got in turned it on and started backing up, started looking around and everything was different. She had started driving off in someone else's car with her key.

20. I find it baffling that otherwise sensible folks actually think that it's OK to plop their asses down in someone else's car under any circumstances. Then there are those who feel it's OK to lean their riveted jean covered behinds up against my fender.:mad:

patmanta, powrshftr, Jugornot and 6 others like this.
  21. While mine has been drivable, but not finished, I'd be at car shows and see dads telling their kids about the car. So I'd invite him to take pictures of his kids in the car. To promote the hobby of course. Just as the last kid was posing, I'd point out some guy and tell the dad, "if he starts walking this way towards his car, grab your kids and run." I'd also let on real quick that I was the real owner and just having fun. Then the eyelids and blood pressure would return to normal. Bet the kids never forget it. But I do keep an eye on it as I'm walking around.

22. Vanness

Vanness

Wow. Unreal. Who can sit in someone elses car. Better that I guess than some asshole on the phone backing into you or running you off the road maybe??

23. Had an O/T vw big years ago all done up.
    Putting gas one night, go in to pay.Come out and there is this walrus of a man edged between the seat and steering wheel !!

Walk up and ask what the f!!k he thinks he’s doing!
    I get a chuckle and a “ i always wanted to see if I could fit in one!”
    Lots my shit as he got out I punched him in the gut! He folded over gut hanging out his shirt, gasping for breath and he gets out .... why the f!!k you hit me?
    I tell him “ always wanted to punch a fat f!!k in the gut!
    Got in my little car and drove away!

Fat ass smooshed the ass groove in the seat all to f!!k, took me weeks to get the seat “ right” again.

Seems people think just because you own something of interest you need to humour their curiosity.
    Not the case it’s mine not yours! Treat it with respect.

24. alchemy

alchemy

Back when I was a kid I remember my Dad's club hosting their local car show's poker run, ending up at the state veterans home. A good time for the veterans to come out and see the old cars. Until one starts opening the hood of Dad's '33 tudor and throwing it up over. Not a good thing but no real damage I can recall.

Thirty years later at the HAMB meet and greet at the Back to the Fifties (12,000 cars on the Minnesota State Fairgrounds), I was standing ten feet from my car as some local yokel opens the door of my '32 sedan to get in. I tell him to not get in my car, and he slams the door so hard it cracks the glass a little.

48fordnut, Jugornot and loudbang like this.
  25. williebill

williebill

People suck............................................... simple

biggeorge, Jugornot, loudbang and 4 others like this.
  26. At a car show if some one ASKS me if it o.k to sit in my car its O.K. but at work THATS A BIG NO NO !!!!Bruce.

enloe, loudbang, jim snow and 2 others like this.
  27. Went to an out of town show. My buddy has a car younger ladies seem to like. This day a nice looking young lady was looking and looking at the car. So I walk over and ask her if she would like me to take her picture in the car with her phone. She's jumps at the chance shows me how to work the fancy phone and sets down does her pose. I move around take a couple of more and she gets. Thanks me and thanks me for letting her set in my car. I says no problem it's not my car. She was not happy with me as she walked away.

48fordnut, Jugornot, loudbang and 5 others like this.
  28. badvolvo

badvolvo

Been there. Parked the Vette, with the top off, ashamed to say in a wallymart parking lot. Ran in to get some oil, only in there a couple minutes.
    Came out to find a young lady sitting in my Vette, while her boyfriend took pictures. I do not remember exactly what I said, but their reply made me remove my S&W from it's concealed location. I do recall there was no more argument, I don't think they made that mistake again.
    Forward about 8 years. At a local show with our 36 Chevy truck. It has suicide doors. A older woman opened the door and began to get in. I said very loudly "What the Fuc are you doing?" she just looks, leaving the door open and walks off. Same show, two kids came up to it, looking it over. No problem, then the dad come up and lifts them up to stand on the running boards. I advised him, he should follow the kids lead, they had more respect than he did. I have not returned to that show.

29. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

My car is always locked but a friend who has a very highly modified car with no locks finds his seat moved on a regular basis when parked over nite at hotels.

30. ... Years ago I used to drive my Model A coupe up to the local full service Sunoco station to shoot the shit with a buddy who pumped gas there on Friday nights ...
    ... I'd park it on the side then run across the street for a 12 pack of refreshments ...
    ... On my way back to the station I see my buddy pointing over to my car .. yelling that there's a couple of Asian tourists running around it jumping up and down ...
    ... Before I could get over there I see them open the doors ... hop in and pretend that they are driving making vroom noises and the whole bit ... When I approached and opened the drivers door they just kept doing it wearing a shit eating grin from ear to ear ...
    ... I just shook my head and waved at them to get out ... My buddy thought it was hilarious ... me not so much ... but after a few cold ones I started to see the humor ...