Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Help me find a thieving, no good, dirty bastard from Australia...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The decal was a copy of Ryan's 1953 calendar . HRP

[​IMG]

2. Git a rope.........
    I got a couple Aussie guys I can ask. Don't hold out too much hope tho.

3. robracer1

robracer1

hey that's a cool looking decal, can you make it and put 1950 for the year I would like to put it on my shoebox

mdcolby likes this.
  4. Poh

Poh
    from Quincy,Ca.

A simple google search shows plenty H.A.M.B. logos, and calendars.. they should be watermarked to make it a little more difficult to pirate, but that doesn’t really work either.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  5. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

6. Ryan.........can you name who it is...............oh and for the Kiwis, not all of us are from convicts, my ancestors were on the other side of the door with the keys...........lol.............Andy Douglas

invada, grumpy32, pitman and 14 others like this.
  7. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

If it is not officially a registered trade mark in that country, it is not theft.

8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Two things:

1. Some of my favorite people in the world are Australian. I'm in no way persecuting the whole country.

2. I'm not asking for legal advice or law lessons. I'm just asking for help finding the guy's name and contact information. I will take care of it myself from there.

Thanks guys!

9. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

that is harsh, but it reminds me of my days in a band. i knew people who would copyright a name in the hopes that the real band would show up in their town--$$$. eric burden once attended a concert by a group billing itself as "eric burden and the animals." he brought a baseball bat...

Dan E and chryslerfan55 like this.
  10. indyjps

indyjps

Printing white ink takes some equipment, never priced it out, but know it limits some print shops, not a home printer deal

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well crap, I didn't think of that at all. Figure the guy used the logo and jacked the rest of it. That is flat ass copyright infringement. Scanning the original that you stash in the file cabinet so you can hang a copy out in the garage with the dust and what not is one thing but the dude knows from the get go he is using someone else's copyrighted material and reselling it.

12. 61Cruiser

61Cruiser

Hey Ryan, any idea of which state and show the sticker was picked up from? Sure some one down here would be able to nominate which car show it would have been and the put you ( or deal with themselves) in touch with show organisers.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

13. Ryan, I have not seen anything but I will be looking out for it.
    Al.

14. 46deluxe

46deluxe
    from australia

Jesus guys take it easy on us Aussies .
    How do you know it was an Aussie selling them , it could well have been an American or a Kiwi for that matter !!!
    Doesn't make it right for whoever to be doing it , just don't jump to conclusions without facts !

15. Crocodile

Crocodile

Just curious, but how did this come to your attention? Did the person who bought one contact you looking for another one, or just think it seemed hinkey? If you were to make that sort of sticker in corresponding years to owners' cars, I bet they would sell very well here, by the way. I would love to have one (from you) on my 39 or my 40.

16. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

x2

17. SherrillHotrods

SherrillHotrods

18. zapp69

zapp69

Not likely to be in my neck of the woods but will certainly keep an eye out.
    Most dodgey dealings in Australia are by those pesky Kiwis.... gotta watch them bastards hahaha

Sent from my SM-N920I using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

czuch, mgtstumpy, 34 GAZ and 2 others like this.
  19. 28rp

28rp

Have n,t seen the stickers down here in Tasmania Ryan,will keep an eye open though.
    It,s true-there are some thieving assholes here in Australia-they make it bad for every body else.

Spoggie likes this.
  20. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

not seen any but is a very big place, a state would help or where it was seen or bought?

21. desotot

desotot

There was a reason queen Elizabeth banished those folks to that tropical island.

22. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hope you get to the bottom of it as well and this obviously has been traced back to Aussie however...Thieves are everywhere and this sticker craze is a worldwide thing from the swapmeet to the flea markets...The ones selling this may not have any connection to the Hamb at all. They may just make pinup and other stickers of anything they can download or scan. This is not a new phenomenon albeit it can be done at a much lower cost these days due to technology. Again good luck on stopping this activity.

This is not only Hamb Material it is an affront to Hamber Jeff Norwell as well.

23. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Australia is 2.97-million mi². That is only 800,000 mi² less than the entire US.

Of course, its population is less than that of California, by about 15-million.

Ed Angel, 59Apachegail and zapp69 like this.
  24. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

yep its big , most are in the eastern states, so if were going to look we need to narrow it down , I was at the biggest car show few weeks back and didn't see any, but I wasn't actively looking for this :(

25. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Yep, and the seller that scanned and printed the sticker didn't make any effort to edit out the HAMB lettering to make the illustration appear to be a generic pinup.
    A casual buyer at the swap meet may have no idea what the HAMB lettering is. He just thinks it's a cool pinup sticker.
    On the other hand, if a Rodder or HAMBer buys the item knowing that he is purchasing it from someone other than Ryan, that makes it a compounded kick in the nuts. In my eyes, it would be like stealing from the HAMB by both the seller and buyer of the sticker.
    Like buying a bootleg Tour T Shirt in the parking lot after a concert. The bootlegger exploiting the band, and the turn coat fan are scum.

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  26. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

I am on it. I reported it to Ryan. I picked up a sticker on the weekend and felt sick knowing I purchased an image that had been stolen. The HAMB and the logo for the HAMB belongs to Ryan so no one should have permission to use it unless Ryan gives the OK. I expect by the following weekend I will have full details and pass them to Ryan to deal with.

Oh yes an Aussie stole it and used it but this Aussie felt sick to see it and knowing it was stolen in that way. I intend to get all the information I need to let Ryan deal with it as best he see fit.

27. Deuces

Deuces

I always had a thing for redheads..... :):D:rolleyes:

28. Deuces

Deuces

I bet the dirt bag is reading this thread right now and quaking in his shorts..... :D:D

GOOD!!!!!:mad::mad:

29. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

My guess is the guy would not have any idea what the HAMB is. All his stickers would have been made or copied from something else.

30. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Seeing ones accomplishments around the world is heartwarming however there is a fine line when it comes to use of the products and or imagery. What your doing is admirable but be careful handling this situation and I'm sure you will.

bchctybob, czuch and chryslerfan55 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.