Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Help me find a thieving, no good, dirty bastard from Australia...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Hey guys, a member recently purchased this sticker from a "trade stall" in Australia:

001[2].jpg

I didn't make this sticker and I certainly didn't give some other schmuck permission to make, sell, and profit it from it either... So, we got ourselves a bonafide dirtbag amongst our midst and I'd like to have a word with him.

If any of you fellas know this guy or has seen him selling my shit, please drop me a note.

Thanks!

2. Budget36

Budget36

That ain't right.

Darryl Deir and Blue One like this.
  3. Not likely I will get down that way anytime soon but I understand where you are coming from. Last fall I had to go out of state to burn some pirated trademarked stuff. I'll put up with way more than most give me credit for but thieving is on the list of I really don't like you very much.

I always buy direct from the source but if someone offers I'll make it right as I can for you.

4. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

I wonder how long it will take? The guys on here are usually pretty quick to figure this stuff out.....

5. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I think they are sleeping right now.

mario711, pitman, czuch and 5 others like this.
  6. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

"steal our stuff and we will kick your teeth in"

7. There are a lot of Aussies here and I hope it doesn't turn out to be a HAMBER,Most of the Aussies I know are stand up guys! HRP

8. "Copyright © 1995-2018 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in."

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A few searches don't bring anything up. The guy may be selling more bogus stickers and be smart enough to just show up at swapmeets or shows and sell them out of a booth and disappear or just do a one shot deal.

kool4t6 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  10. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

not bad looking, hope you find the guy

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  11. Any idea exactly where in Oz it was purchased & traders name or stall name?....... email me direct on [email protected] if you want....Andyd

porknbeaner likes this.
  12. Sporty45

Sporty45

How hard is it to make stickers like that? Maybe you can track down the people that made it easier than the guy selling 'em? Sucks to be ripped off. I do like it, and if you ever start selling something like that I would be all over it!

13. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

Aussie HAMBERS kick ass, I bet they find this guy!

EVL401, LOST ANGEL and chryslerfan55 like this.
  14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd think if it was original art work the number of guys who could do it are a bit limited and add in having the equipment to do the stickers. Not sure if it can be done via photoshop type work but that might be a possibility.

Willy_P, chryslerfan55 and Sporty45 like this.
  15. Deuces

Deuces

We have cronies down under, don't we?????

16. alleyoop

alleyoop

If HE OR SHE IS IN AUSSIE LAND THEY CANT RUN FAR................

17. "Cronies" haha, that's feckin funny.
    If it was a Hamber, that'd be a damn shame.

18. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

Australian and NZ copyrights don't need to be registered.
    A Copyright is free and automatic upon creation of the work ,so an automatic copyright exists.

Australian and NZ also recognised international copyright with trading partners [USA has trade agreements with both countries]
    So there is a breech of copyright that applies here.

The problem is that you're dealing with a nation that was colonized with criminals [they idolize heroes like "Ned Kelly" and "Chopper Reid"]
    But one redeeming feature is that "It takes a thief to catch a thief" , so the whole country will probably help you here :D

nailhead29A, raven, grumpy32 and 13 others like this.
  19. mike bowling

mike bowling

Don't damn the whole country because of one bad apple- everyone has their share of dirtbags. Catching the responsible party is the focus. Sooner or later someone will step up. I have faith that there are still more good guys than douche bags.

EVL401, Dino 64, Just Gary and 6 others like this.
  20. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Not to be on the guys side but-- I've been to car shows and trade shows where people take things off display tables thinking they are free. Could this be the case before you kick someones teeth in? Just a thought.

21. HELL YEAH,,,SIC EM RYAN.we'll help all we can.

1-SHOT and chryslerfan55 like this.
  22. Squablow

Squablow

The sticker itself wasn't stolen, the intellectual property rights to make and sell the sticker were.

Was this an image from one of the calendars? How many got sent to Australia? Any buyers that advertize memorabilia like this? Not necessarily correlated, but could be a place to start.

23. 63Compact

63Compact

Give us a heads up as to what State we should be hunting in.

loudbang and zapp69 like this.
  24. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I hate to say it but its kind of the sign of the times, we have sunk pretty low on personal responsibility these days . Hope you catch ,and make an example out of him.

48fordnut, chryslerfan55 and Cosmo50 like this.
  25. Deuces

Deuces

Tell me about it....
    I happen to work with a dirt bag... I plan on slapping him silly one of these days....:mad::rolleyes:

26. oldolds

oldolds

It can be all done with photo shop. You can make stickers with a home computer and an entry level commercial printer can probably be had for less than $500. A friend of mine is in the business and complains how cheap you can get into the business these days.

27. mike bowling

mike bowling

Take your time and do a thorough job! He'll be thanking you once he straightens out.

28. We???
    Do you have a frog in your pocket?

A certain percentage of all individuals will have character flaws and personally disorders. Increase the population of the world, or a forum or a room for that matter and the natural and expected consequences are an increase in the number of defects.

I'm sure the Hamb will have him cornered in short order.

29. C69A

C69A

Does not surprise me, one of the dirtbag Aussie hambers stole my blower intake designs and sells them here now,
    I hate thieves.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.