Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Chassis Engineering

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krylon32, Jan 13, 2018.

1. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Just read my e-mails and it appears that the Heidts Automotive Group has purchased CE and will moving operations to their Illinois plant. They say they are keeping some CE employees.

2. I'm glad a reputable company stepped up and purchased CE,I hope they continue to offer the same user friendly products as in the years past. HRP

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    Donuts & Peelouts likes this.
  3. dan31

dan31

Too many good products to see them disappear.

4. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Sounds great to me. Gary

5. Thank God,Huffman group didn't acquire it and run it in the ground. HRP

Atwater Mike, zzford, Xtrom and 9 others like this.
  6. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

7. I'm not on FB,what does it say? HRP

8. Daddy_O

Daddy_O

From the Facebook page:

Heidts Hot Rod & Muscle Car Parts
    · Yesterday at 6:00am ·
    We are very excited to announce that Chassis Engineering Inc. (CEI) is joining our family of companies which includes #Heidts, Alston Racing and American Performance Shock companies. CEI is a great fit for us and brings decades of experience serving the street and hot rod markets with their quality high performance parts. Heidts and Alston have been serving the same markets as well as later gen muscle cars, performance cars and drag racing. CEI’s Iowa operations will be folded into our nearby Lake Zurich IL facility and we will retain many of their staff and continue to supply the needs of current CEI customers. The combined companies will provide the market with the most comprehensive product line of suspension kits and components available today in the automotive aftermarket. Please check our website for more details.

9. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

That's good news for rodders. When setting up the chassis on the 42 Chevy I am building for my daughter I used their rear suspension kit but didn't buy the sway bar kit yet. I am sure I could find something to work but I would like to use their kit.

10. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

This is what should have happened from the start! At least it happened, and thanks for that. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

Donuts & Peelouts and topher5150 like this.
  11. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Good news Gary!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  12. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Great news. CE has great stuff and it deserves to live on and be available to builders!

13. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes..that was a great source back in the day and affordable..geez their rear leaf spring bracket kit was amazing..you could get the leaf springs at almost any bone yard

14. topher5150

topher5150

That's what I did. There's a place a few miles from me that deals in vintage Dodge truck parts that just happened to have a set of D-100 front leafs laying around and I got them for next to nothing

15. Glad to her this. Just couldn't believe that the Daughter would just close the doors on such a good and successful company that put out so many great parts.

16. millersgarage

millersgarage

yup, went to the Chassis Engineering site to see what deals were left, and it states this there.
    No parts available from their site now.

17. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Seems to me that some kids don't share the interest or passion as their parents did. To them, it's a family burden that they dispise from having to help when they were kids.... I fear the same fate will happen to my company when I croak. Sigh

It's good to hear that a good Company bought CE. Very cool!

Sent from my XT1585 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

meteor500 and Larry W like this.
  18. alchemy

alchemy

I don't personally know all the family politics, but I was told Roy Lewis had been retired from the business for a few years.

justabeater37 likes this.
  19. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

this was on their web site

We are very excited to announce that Chassis Engineering Inc. (CEI) is joining our family of companies which includes Heidts Hot Rod & Muscle Car Parts, Alston Racing and American Performance Shock companies, www.heidts.com. CEI is a great fit for us and brings decades of experience serving the street and hot rod markets with their quality high performance parts. Heidts and Alston have been serving the same markets as well as later gen muscle cars, performance cars and drag racing. CEI’s Iowa operations will be folded into our nearby Lake Zurich IL facility and we will retain many of their staff and continue to supply the needs of current CEI customers. The combined companies will provide the market with the most comprehensive product line of suspension kits and components available today in the automotive aftermarket. Please check our website for more details.

classiccarjack and olscrounger like this.
  20. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I did the same thing. I ordered front motor mounts to put the 292 in my 48 and kept looking to see what they put on the site and then they made the announcement and no more parts for sale.

21. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I am glad to see this happen.

22. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm glad as well-have bought many parts from them over the years and will be needing more very soon.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    lothiandon1940 and Hamtown Al like this.
  23. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

24. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Glad to see this. Too good of a supplier to just go away.

25. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I bought a bunch of parts last week for my future 40 Ford pickup project. good news to hear

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  26. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Probably the best news of the year so far.

27. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

excellent! i have a project thats in need of there parts.

28. Ramjetus51

Ramjetus51

Maybe it’s good, maybe not...I’ve purchased two kits from Heidts over the past two years, both have had issues....threads on racks for tie-rods weren’t fully machined, spindle tolerances required additional machining, bolt kits wrong, rotor inner bearing seat depths too shallow....nope not impressed with the purchase.....I guess my point is quality, CE produced quality parts and I query the attitude of the new team...as you can see, I’m not impressed..

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

LBCD and MIKE STEWART like this.
  29. MIKE STEWART

MIKE STEWART

I have had great experience with the quality of Chassis Engineering over the last 25 years on my 1939 and 1940 Fords.
    Hope this continues.

Hamtown Al and olscrounger like this.