Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Does the HAMB really need another shoebox build thread?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Big A, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Looks ready for clear coat!

Floater03 and stealthcruiser like this.
  2. You kiddin? It's done!

:D

Yeah... no. I'm supposed to see a test panel and have a look in person later this week. Might actually get it in paint some time.

3. better clean out a storage space, its coming home

PBRmeASAP likes this.
  4. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

That depends on how much more work Andrew has already paid for.

5. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

Keeping my fingers crossed!

6. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Glad its back. What color are you going with? Candy "what the fuck took long" with "hurry the fuck up" flake roof?

Sent from my VS501 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Big A, Dog_Patch and PBRmeASAP like this.
  7. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Floater03, Big A and Tudor like this.
  8. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

9. Awesome, really looking forward to seeing that again, time for a garage addition?

Big A, Tudor and Dog_Patch like this.
  10. Lookin good man! Glad to see there may be progress. It's gonna look killer with just about any color on there! Thanks for keeping us posted.

Big A likes this.
  11. soooo.......

Tudor likes this.
  12. I saw pictures in IG. it's looking good

Dog_Patch and PBRmeASAP like this.
  13. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

IG?
    What,where,how?:D
    I dont understand a shit about social media,but i'd like to take a peek whats going on.
    Anyway,good to hear that there's some progress!

14. Yeah, I posted a teaser on Instagram...

[​IMG]

There has been more progress of sorts. This is not the final colour or texture.

Not sure if I'll post any more photos or just leave y'all hangin' for awhile until it gets a little further along. I mean hell, you've been waiting for years just to see the stupid thing in primer, what's another couple of years for paint and interior? :D

15. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Looks great,Andrew!
    Sure we can wait few yrs of more,the good stuff is always worth of waiting:D

16. Another teaser...

[​IMG]

It's officially out of paintshop hell as of this morning. Out of the paintshop and into storage unfortunately. Nowhere to put it until I put my Model A back together, then the plan is to store the '31 and the '41 so I can get to work on the '51... which will hopefully be on the road before I'm 61 :rolleyes:

Tuck, Floater03, Unkl Ian and 5 others like this.
  17. Slow progress, but it looks better than it did...

[​IMG]

Dog_Patch likes this.
  18. Out of paintshop hell... as in, painted and done?!? Awesome man, glad to hear!

19. out after years, and all we get is a little 1/4 shot...damn it!

Woogeroo and Peanut 1959 like this.
  20. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

21. Painted, for now, but a long way from done...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Weird light in the shop throws the colour off, but it looks pretty cool. The latches aren't installed, so the hood and trunk look wonky, yeah yeah yeah.

At this point I'm happy enough to have it in paint.

22. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Looks straight, slick, and shiny. Glad the paint guy finally did the deed.:):cool:

Dog_Patch likes this.
  23. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Paint is a huge milestone in most projects. Congrats!

24. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Wow,looks great!

25. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

26. It’s somewhere between platinum and gunmetal, with a little flattener in the clear. There is more paint work to be done, but for now I’m happy to get it out of paintshop jail so I can get back to work on it. Once I get the interior etc installed it’ll get some finishing touches.

Dog_Patch and PBRmeASAP like this.
  27. I like your colour choice, leave it or add to it as a base. Ive been seesawing back and forth on a paint job for mine so this may tip the board your way.
    Bet it feels good to have it out of jail, a lot of sad paint shop stories out there. You leave it there and technically they own it till they say it can get free. The taillights look at home there.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  28. anothermoneypit

anothermoneypit
    from CT

29. Moving right along.

Been picking away at it, getting some stuff done at the only pace I know... slowly.

Started installing the Rebel wiring harness that I bought about 5 or 6 years ago, thinking I was getting close to wiring. Built a bracket to go under the dash... exciting stuff ain't it?

[​IMG]

Running wiring means I get to install lights and stuff. At least that sort of feels like progress...

[​IMG]

Putting the '55 Dodge grille and '56 Olds headlight rings on for the (hopefully) last time...

[​IMG]

If I was Brian Bass I'd rework the whole opening so the grille would flow better, but I ain't, so it don't. Maybe some day I'll blow it apart again and spend another decade or so redoing it.

There are lots of threads on here about shoebox hoods flying up. It happened on this car before I bought it, and once when I was driving it, but I used to have a chain holding it down. I needed to figure out a way to keep the hood down, and also try to get it aligned a bit better, so I came up with some cheap-o street rod hood pins, mounted underneath so when the hood is closed I latch them from under the lip of the grille...

[​IMG]

From underneath...

[​IMG]

And things pretty much line up and the hood shouldn't be going anywhere. I also hung the '49 Ford bumper. Everything still needs a good cleaning and polish, but nothing is getting rechromed, not on my paycheque.

[​IMG]

Lots to do. More to follow.

30. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

coming along very nicely...Glad to see it's still in the works