Register now to get rid of these ads!

The last Grasp Special '34 3 window build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whodaky, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Retroline

Retroline

Hahaha, I like it Geoff. Have fun down at the Custom Nationals and make sure you get plenty of photos along the way. Looking forward to seeing them. Now, time to get out and make some progress in the garage. Will make the most of the rest of this warm week.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

I absolutely love that sedan, please post more pics of it !

32 4door likes this.
  3. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

image.jpeg Steve the Greek's Coupe ready and primed to roll down the road to Port Fairy !!

rat bastad, bonesy, Luke W and 8 others like this.
  4. Hey guys. Hope everyone had a good Christmas/new year break. I look forward to seeing those of you who are coming to the port fairy run next week. Tom that coupe is bad ass!

Luke W likes this.
  5. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Hey FB, happy New Year to you and the family. It will be good to catch up after so long.
    Here's a quick cover I did featuring Steve's 3w.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

rat bastad, BradinNC, bonesy and 12 others like this.
  6. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's a quick and simple cover.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

rat bastad, bonesy, grumpy32 and 5 others like this.
  7. I found this picture on Facebook today. I spy with my little eye....[​IMG]

8. 32 4door

32 4door

Hi Geoff , yes the sedan was for sale a while ago ,I did have a little interest in the car but no takers, at this stage I’ll just keep using it once a while to keep everything oiled . Maybe do a body swap in the future if one comes my way .

chryslerfan55 and Dago 88 like this.
  9. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Tony and I went to Phillip Island on the weekend , to the Kustom Nationals. We had a great time and I got to catch up with many people whom I haven't seen for many many years.
    Here's a cover featuring a few of the images I took.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

10. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here at 'The Magazine Of The Mind Publishing Company' we support many things. You have read right here about a number of hot rodders children who are embarking into hot rod business ventures.
    We ran into Glen Ryan and his son Luke recently at the Kustom Nationals. It seems Luke is an extremely talented young basketaller who is playing and training in a junior Victorian team. So in the interests of promoting youth sport and youth in general we decided to run a shot of long tall Luke in front of Billy Agius' 'Tina Special' channeled '32 roadster and 'The Magazine Of The Mind Publishing Companie's' company car.
    So watch this space, young 'Long Tall Luke' (aka LTL ) is going to be big. You heard it right here.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  11. Hey Geoff was great catching up. It had been a few years that's for sure. Coupe looks killer in person. Also nice work with the covers keep up the great work. I don't get on the H.A.M.B. much these days but I always check out this thread.

Brett..

12. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Hey Brett it was good to catch up and to meet your mate with the ute ( sorry I forgot his name ). I hope he likes the cover. I had to get your roadster and my coupe in on the act.
    Up until a week ago I hadn't planned to be going to the Kustom Nationals, but things change and conspiracies I think may have taken place ( involving 3 Maltese gentlemen, who shall remain nameless) that I wasn't aware of.
    So what eventuated was Tony travelling down to our place by train and him and I travelling down to Phillip Island and Cowes to team up with the brothers Agius. We spent a couple of days together in Cowes and at the Kustom Nationals. We all had a great time.
    I won't go into details, but will just continue to do covers showing what we saw at the event.

Geoff aka whodaky

PS refer P99

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  13. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's another cover I dug up featuring a couple of coupes from the Kustom Nationals.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

14. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's another shot from the Kustom Nationals that made it's way onto a cover.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

chryslerfan55, 32 4door, rod1 and 2 others like this.
  15. Sam's old coupe looks good with a chop. He's got a '34 Tudor now.

16. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

Hey Geoff, great chatting with you about the ute. Absolutely love what you've done there with it on the magazine cover, looks really cool.

Luke

Sent from my SM-G930F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

17. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

I just spent 6 days away traveling to the south west of the state in the 3W. I went via Tom's place in the outer suburbs of Melbourne. I stayed the Wednesday night at Natasha and Tom's home ( thankyou for that guys). That evening Steve dropped by in his recently completed genuine Ardun powered '34 3W.
    The Following morning Tom, his son Ethan and myself traveled to Koroit via Ballart, where we dropped in to a few friends places and got to see a whole bunch of neat hot rod stuff. From Ballarat we headed to Rita and Tony's new/old house arriving late in the afternoon. I would be staying t here, Tom and Ethan would be staying at Carol and Frank's. So to Rita and Tony once more thankyou for looking after me so well, even though I made every effort to earn my keep, this time.
    I will use a number of the 230 images I took on some covers and will post images from quite a few images by themselves.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  18. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's a cover featuring more images from my recent travels.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

19. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's another cover featuring an image of a roadster I saw on the weekend.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

20. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's a new cover using an image from my recent road trip. The coupe is seen here in the driveway of friends.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

21. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

We got to check out good friend John's almost complete stunning '40 Chev delivery on the weekend. So it was only right it should appear on a cover.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

22. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's a new cover featuring an image from the weekend. That being Spencer T and Jude in front of Dave Beljans neat '34 roadster. The other image was taken at Lake Gairdner in '94.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

23. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

Great work whodack !! Where is that cool Cabrio at??

24. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Tom that '34 is/ was here in Newborough. I seem to recall someone saying that Gary Tate may have moved, so it may no longer be in this area. Gary had plans of putting it on the street, running an Olds engine.
    Here's the next cover. Wayne Mumford rang me yesterday, it seems he has been posting a lot of Lake Gairdner images on Facebook and was after some more. So I am a little engrossed in scanning photographs for him.
    The top image is one I scanned, it was taken at Iron Knob in 1990, just before I turned off the bitumen and onto the dirt headed for the lake.
    The other image was taken last weekend, it shows Sam turning 'Old Purple' into Rita and Tony's driveway.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

25. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

That Ute photo looks like the Port Fairy Weekend.
    Sure is a nice looking Falcon Ute.

chryslerfan55 and 509garyd like this.
  26. Been researching more ideas that was discussed with Geoff and Tony at the Kustom Nats for the 46 -thoughts??
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

27. chryslerfan55 likes this.