Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Mr. Norm 1964 Dodge question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55Brodie, Jan 7, 2018.

1. 55Brodie

55Brodie

My brother in-law who grew up in Chicago land had a buddy who bought new 64 Dodge 330 from Mr. Norm. It was billed as a "street ram". It was a 4 speed, sure grip and was a pretty potent street bruiser.
    Does anyone know what engine comprised the "street ram"?

catdad49 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. Fordors

Fordors

The Street Ram was a regular production option, it was a 365 horse 426 Wedge with 10.5-1 compression, a single AFB, a decent hydraulic cam. The Max Wedges were 12.5-1, heads had bigger ports and valves with no heat cross over, solid cam and one AFB or two on the cross ram manifold.
    I don’t remember for sure but Norm might have sold the hi-perf cars dyno-tuned right off the showroom floor.

Gasser 57, Deuces and catdad49 like this.
  3. Yes, Mr. Norm sold cars that were tweaked for more than factory high performance at his dealership.

Deuces likes this.
  4. The best you could get in 64 was a 426 max wedge with two fours. Potent street set up and pretty rare today. Most were gobbled up by racers.

Deuces likes this.

5. 55Brodie

55Brodie

Thanks Fordors.

Deuces likes this.
  6. Deuces

Deuces

Fun cars indeed.....

7. the max wedge was not sold as a street car. the 64mw had two compression offerings. neither one was streetable. they were race cars. the street version was as described by fordors. brake lines; inner fender sheet metal and wiring can tip you off to a max wedge.

8. We used to call the regular 426 single 4 barrel cars a "Street Wedge". Never knew if there was a specific or correct term for them beyond that.

9. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

I'm definitely not sure but I bet you can email Mr. Norm he's still active in the Mopar community even man's his own booth at Chryslers @ Carlisle every year....... Hopefully there will be one this year this shit is gettin crazy now.

egads likes this.