Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Bellflowers or Nope!

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Dirty Olds, Jan 2, 2018.

1. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I`ve never cared for them. I understand the look, but often wondered why it caught on all over. Like surf boards in the Midwest.

2. Hell,just add some white mudflaps while your at it,,,with red reflectors too....Kinda out-dated in my opinion

3. st.rod

st.rod

Until now had never heard of bellflowers. I take it, that's the pipes? Only been doing this for 68 years, learn something everyday

4. I never cared for them and I believe they are more popular on the left coast,to me they are a add on for a custom car with a over the top paint job but don't do anything for a mild custom,just my 2 cents worth. HRP

5. Dirty Olds and Sancho like this.
  6. Personally, I like the way it sits now in your 1st post. Nonetheless, I think you answered your own question in that same post. "I want to put bellflowers on but I want to keep the car the way it is." The whole idea about building a car is to please yourself and not everyone else. If you were building a professional show car, it might be different as you know you wud have to put all kinds of dodads on it to rack up points as whoever has the most points gets the trophy. But, it appears that's not the case. You're looking for a nice driver that you can enjoy. There's a lot of great talent and experience on the HAMB and those folks are giving you lots of ideas to consider. Take them all in and decide what you like best and go for it. Then, drive the wheels off of it and enjoy the ride.

indomwe and Dirty Olds like this.
  7. Gahrajmahal

Gahrajmahal

It's not like it is a hard to reverse modification. Buy some, put them in place and if you like the way it looks head on down to the muffler shop to have them connected, otherwise take them off and sell them on EBay, swap meet or the HAMB classifieds.

8. DSC00069.JPG my old 62 Merc...love Bellflower tips

flyin-t, Squablow and Dirty Olds like this.
  9. Dirty Olds

Dirty Olds

themoose likes this.