Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 33 Five Window Chop

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Kenneth31coupe, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Really nice job. Really really nice

2. I agree, I’ve never thought about it the way he did it and now it makes complete sense

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Wrench666

Wrench666

Great work. Proportions are perfect. Andrew

4. Ain´t that the purpose of a hot rod. Look mean and nasty and scare the shit out of the neighburhood:);). Thanks Mart

Thank you

Thanx.

Thanks. Working on them right now.

Thank you 31Vicky and Andrew

We got a touch off snow a few days ago. Took it out and shot some pics and played with the wheels a little bit. Funny how such small changes makes for a totaly different look.
    Merry Christmas.

P1040001.JPG P1040008.JPG P1040011.JPG

Graham Hood, ls1yj, Paul B and 11 others like this.
  5. 55Deso

55Deso
    from Wyoming

That last picture with the caps and no beauty rings is just perfection! Im always very impressed with your work!

j hansen and leadsled like this.
  6. Thanks Chris! Welding small strips of patches is not a good thing. A lot of warping in a small area and hard to smooth out. Done that my self but learning by doing and as you said every day is a schoolday.

31Vicky with a hemi and cretin like this.
  7. Great job. I also prefer the 3rd photo without the beauty rings.

8. j hansen

j hansen

X2

9. Man that last pic is perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Outback likes this.
  10. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

I like the fenderless version WAY better!

ls1yj and Kenneth31coupe like this.
  11. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think the full fendered version without the beauty rings says refined, yet sinister. Kind of like a gangster with a fedora should step out of it after running shine to the local speak easy.

Outback, Kenneth31coupe and j hansen like this.
  12. cretin

cretin

You can't go wrong, and you weren't asking for opinions, but I think that thing looks fantastic with the fenders.
    Perfect chop either way.

13. Perfect chop!
    Fenders and beauty rings does it for me. Those tires seem to have a really tall sidewall.

31Vicky with a hemi likes this.
  14. hammerd 31

hammerd 31

Last pic with fenders is killer , just needs a more agressive rake to be fenderless,just my .02 wish it was mine. Thanks for sharing, nice work.

Kenneth31coupe likes this.
  15. Looks great. Picture 3 with the fenders is killer. I know guys like the original paint look but this thing would look incredible shiny.

cretin likes this.
  16. 343w

343w

Great work, the fenderless last shot is my favorite!

17. The chop looks perfect but I am curious as to how well you pulled off the patina restoration on the surgery areas. Care to elaborate on the paint work? How did you dress the welds? any filler? red oxide primer then thin paint? did you add corrosion to the cut areas or just paint.

18. mkebaird

mkebaird

Been watching in amazement, but that last fenderless shot brought a smile to my face!

19. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

You make it look so easy. Fenderless. 5 Star.

20. I love the fendered version

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  21. the oil soup

the oil soup
    from Tucson,AZ

The patina on the car is perfect, great vibe!

22. FENDERS look the best for me. Looks great either way tho. What is going on under the hood or boot or whatever you folks call it.

23. The boot is the trunk.:D Not sure about the Swedes but the English call the hood the bonnet.

ls1yj likes this.
  24. Ok thanks I thought it was something like that,.

25. Fenders are called wings someplace

26. I'd really like to mess with the ride height and sell the fenders.
    If you won't let me play around with the ride height I'd have to keep the fenders

27. Thanks Kyle. I like it both ways but it will stay fenderless for a while.

Yeah I see that too. Don´t know why.It´s the same tire size that most run on these.

Most likely it will be painted shiny in the future. Still need some repair on the rockers and fenders and then the chassie will be updated . This is a rolling project.

Thanks. Surgery areas are metalfinished and I leaded the pillars where I didn´t had access from backside.I scanned the primer on the car and got some new mixed. Painted the metal with it and then some black on top of it. Took a some paper and pushed against the paint and whiped it off enough for the primer to blend thru. It´s not invisibly but it blends in quite well with the original patina.

Most likely it will get fendered again.

In Sweden we call it hood.Currently there´s a stock 59ab but I have a 50Merc engine that runs really good going in there and a Halibrand for the rear.

I see your point and at some time I was tempted but my plan for this built is a 40´s styled hot rod and I like to have the option to put the fenders back on so therefor I don´t think it will get any lower. I like the raked and low cars that Rolling Bones are doing but not all cars need to look like that.

28. (QUOTE) I like the raked and low cars that Rolling Bones are doing but not all cars need to look like that.
    AMEN

SquintBoy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  29. 100 people look at the same thing and see 100 different things.
    The very first thing I look at is relation of axle CL to lowest body line/edge.
    Fenders drop that line down, no fenders bring it up, blue car has suspension altered so the line is about the same place as with fenders.
    I like the looks of the car in the first pic the best, with fenders and beauty rings
    image.png
    image.png
    image.png

greaser and ls1yj like this.