Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Divco wheels

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by markjaramillo, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Try this number, 562-602-1207.
    Amanda.

2. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

3. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

I don't know if there watching the Hamb,Just got my email confirmation on the wheels,Thanks The Power of the Hamb

4. I called the number in the ad to order a set and was told to order through ebay. They mentioned there was a glitch with the payment method but click "buy now" and they would send me an invoice. I ordered on December 21st and have not heard anything back from them. I've sent multiple messages through ebay with no response. Now I'm afraid they may be gone. I just saw the number above and will try calling today.

5. 3blapcam

3blapcam

Amanda emailed me yesterday and got specifics on the wheels and said they were going out yesterday. She also sold me lug nuts @ $15/5... called me to process my card, etc. You'll be fine. I have her email if you need it (I don't recall if that was supplied in earlier posts or not).

3blap.

6. killbilly

killbilly

Rick, tell me you ordered a set of these ...

7. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I've read through this whole thread and I'm still not understanding the special lug nut deal. A friend of mine is running a pair of them (purchased from the previous 'American Wheel' supplier) and the lug holes are machined with a taper. He is just running normal 1/2"x20 tapered lug nuts.

Are these machined differently? @markjaramillo

8. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

I ordered a set last night thru their website and Just spoke to Amanda a few moments ago. She said that the amount on hand is going fast but another run should be finished in a few weeks. She also assured me that there are no plans for the wheel to go away, they will keep producing them as long as there is demand for them. It may take a certain amount of orders to constitute a run of them but they will always be available.

9. banjorear

banjorear

Thanks for the update. By chance, did she mention the new batch will include a price increase? Glad to hear they aren't going away, just curious if the price will go back to the $400 (or so) a piece as they were before.

I don't need them now and I'm trying to be good for I need to stay focused on getting my AV8 project done. Every $$$ counts in the stretch.

10. markjaramillo

markjaramillo

No taper on the new wheels they have a shank style lugnut and have threads top to bottom ie more threads holding the wheels than a normal lugnut and no way of over tightening the wheels I'd assume. IMG_20171228_220603.jpg

11. markjaramillo

markjaramillo

Ian not shure Amanda know if there is another batch being made when I first ordered mine she was on her first day and didn't know much. They had 2 main people retire there in December from what she said and I had to talk to the owner and he was very nice guy said he was in his 80s and said they had no plans to have more made due to the place casting the wheels closed there doors. American wheel has tthe wheels blank and they machine the bolt pattern as needed. .i got my 2 sets of lugs last week. They have to machine them and anodized them black hope this helps.

12. markjaramillo

markjaramillo

13. silent rick

silent rick

no, i passed on them. i could have gotten a pair at $250. they're ok for a dry lakes styled build but i want a hot rod. i'm staying with the steel wheels i reversed with cheaters on the rear and for the front i'm lookng for a pair of skinny magnesium wheels.

i do have a set of those veda caps that might not ever find their way on my modified.

14. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

I sent an email a week or so ago seeing if there was any way they could make them in a wider wheel, but got no response. I just don't think 5.5 is wide enough to support a nearly 1200 lb engine by the time u add the blower and accessories etc. So I'm going to go in a different direction even though I want these badly.

15. Randysbelvedere

Randysbelvedere
    from Toronto

Got mine today. Really nice looking wheel. Threw it on a balancer without a tire and it came within .5oz.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Drewfus, Squablow, 1lucky1 and 2 others like this.
  16. markjaramillo

markjaramillo

Who made your Veda caps. Mine are the Steve sellers ones I had to finish them my self

17. silent rick

silent rick

mine too

they do look good with the adapters on the divco wheels.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    markjaramillo likes this.
  18. rust&patina

rust&patina

looked on their web site yesterday, cost went up to $320 a pair... lug nuts $20...

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  19. 3blapcam

3blapcam

My pair arrived today! :)

3blap.

20. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Dolby reference?

21. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Just curious if the HAMBers have ever done a "group buy"? On another site for an off topic car they did one for a supercharger kit and the price was lowered by about a grand. Perhaps this method could be used in similar situations in the future?

22. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Supply and demand. They were $250 when they thought nobody wanted them.

23. $um Fun

$um Fun
    from Nor Cal

But I would imagine as the demand dies down the price would also come down. This thread is probably responsible for the demand. Its not like a Halibrand, you really need to love this look.

24. banjorear

banjorear

But of course....

25. A Boner

A Boner

Anyone have tires mounted on their wheels.....how about some pics and info on where you bought them?

26. 3blapcam

3blapcam

Mine won't have tires for a while because they're for the next one in line.

27. MarcA

MarcA

I just looked on ebay and the seller ended the listing because they are no longer available. I haven't called them yet but I didn't know if anyone else noticed they weren't listed anymore. I have been watching them for about 4 months now but was holding off because I haven't been able to get my project yet.

28. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Thinkin you should have put the wheels before the cart?:D

29. MarcA

MarcA

Yeah I guess your right. Live and learn. Didn't know they were going to stop making them until I started reading this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app