Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1932 Ford Hot Rod Coupe barn (container) find

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 401rot, Jan 4, 2018.

1. sproadster30

sproadster30
    from Natick, Ma

Bitchin' car. Great find. Those seats are cool, too. I love the wishbone. Makes me think there might have been a chrome axle at one point, too?

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. 401rot

401rot

The owner was making payments on the car and ordered the trans for it. The trans only has about 10 miles on it, The SW gauges only have less than 2 miles on them. This was a teenage kid putting in this drive train. The car was originally a channeled with a flathead and 33/34 chassis. Working on getting more info

catdad49, F&J, spurgeonforge and 3 others like this.
  3. 401rot

401rot

Hey Jim, The owner had a friend who's uncle worked at a chrome shop. He paid $100.00 to have the spindles, wishbones, valve covers, front spring, steering rod, and pitman arm plated. He was still in high school when he started the build.

catdad49 and F&J like this.
  4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is a new pic ya fooled Stogy the photoshopper...:p...I also in posting remember it was called a container find so this puppy been here and there and sometimes a shingle job gone bad is all it takes and or it may have taken side garage for several years...but that is all about to change. Congratulations again @401rot

Just sharing the enjoyment of your find...oops I mean acquisition...As mentioned @Denns1989's Snoopy comes to mind but @cactus1's relatively recent time capsule also has similarities in time-frame.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    catdad49, LOU WELLS and Denns1989 like this.
  5. Reminds me of mine back in the 60's!
    Vaun_0005.jpg

catdad49, LOU WELLS, dwollam and 11 others like this.
  6. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Threads like this never get old.

F&J, Denns1989, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  7. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

It reminds me of @birddog ‘s channeled survivor 32 roadster on 34 rails a little too.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Denns1989 and Stogy like this.
  8. Man what a neat car! I love those hairpins!

9. 401rot

401rot

They look alot alike. Have'nt decided what I am going to do with it yet

F&J and ct1932ford like this.
  10. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

The consensus here is you should build it....or trade it to someone with a 30 Model A Tudor!! Cool car, good luck whatever you do with it.

11. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

Awesome find.

12. 401rot

401rot

I don't have time for it right now but couldnt resist. Thanks for looking out buddy. This is'nt the first car I have found.

13. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Wow, what an awesome find. It would be great to see that resurrected to a driver with that engine transmission combo. What rear axle is in it, a QC or Pontiac?
    I love:-
    • The way they chopped the grill shell and fitted the radiator; and
    • Those original B&M documents. Can you scan them and post here, love that old literature from a time gone by when things were simpler.
    Plans are?

14. 401rot

401rot

It has a 57 Olds rear end. I have alot of projects right now and dont know when I will get to it. May be for sale. I dont want to let it sit for another decade.

catdad49 and F&J like this.
  15. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Damn, that is perfect. Congrats on the find.

Denns1989 likes this.
  16. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow! That's cool as heck. A lot of east coast style goin' on there, mainly the channel with undropped axle. Never saw that type Bell/Cragar steering wheel before "slot No dot". Congrats on your awesome score!

F&J and Denns1989 like this.
  17. 401rot

401rot

Thanks, I got a real good look at it today and its in better shape than I expected.

Stogy likes this.
  18. Squablow

Squablow

Great find, thanks for sharing.

Denns1989 likes this.
  19. What a great find ! If you choose to keep it I hope it's kept true to it's form, after all look how much people are enjoying it in as found condition... if it's "made your own" it will still be a nice car, but all the history & story are lost, at least in my humble opinion... but I respect that you might pass it along so it doesn't sit for another 10 years, if so I hope the new owner respects what it is as well - what a great ride / story - Fantastic !!

20. Robert Crosse

Robert Crosse
    from WNY

Sooper find, an East Coast Treasure.
    Another vote for....."make no changes, only improvements"

Bob

Runnin shine and Denns1989 like this.
  21. 401rot

401rot

I agree with leaving it the way it was built in the late 50s early 60s. Like I said before, I have several other projects going right now and dont want to let it sit for another 50 years, I am leaning on finding the right owner for the car. I may regret it but people who know me know I run across cool stuff quite a bit.

catdad49, Mikel50, F&J and 3 others like this.
  22. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Selective distribution I like that...and if you change your mind your decision is right up Hamb alley. Good good. Running across cool stuff alot...well you are fortunate and it is no doubt just location trade and knowledge. This is a great story your sharing.

23. Great score! Is that a Schwinn Corvette bike hanging on the wall? IMG_1197.jpg

24. 401rot

401rot

Thats a Columbia. I had a Schwinn Corvette but it wasnt nice enough to hang.

25. PAracer

PAracer

What a car, a wonderful time capsule, where and what time are the auditions to be the new caretaker...

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Stogy likes this.
  26. 401rot

401rot

Thanks, it really is a great car. I have decided to put it out there for someone who wants a really cool project.

Stogy and F&J like this.
  27. mike bowling

mike bowling

or a Model A coupe , on the road, titled ( see ya and raise ya )

I can't believe this thread isn't 40 pages yet! IN FREAKING CREDIBLE FIND!
    I wish Larry was still down here to see this one- (You are watching, aren't you)

401rot - I saw a certain geographical location mentioned in your post- are you in the hot rod "victim / witness" program by any chance? Mums the word.

28. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Bitchin'

Stogy likes this.
  29. 401rot

401rot

I am from Rhode Island. I am not in the witness protection program LOL Chances are we know alot of the same people in the area. I guess I just fly under the radar.

Stogy, catdad49 and F&J like this.