Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Drove the wagon to work this morning

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Danny, by that picture you cant tell I drove truck for 20 years hu?LOL.Bruce.

HOTRODPRIMER and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  2. The bells in the grille are a nice touch, but it needs a pair of fake antlers clipped to the drip rails. :rolleyes:

Bruce Fischer and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  3. khead47

khead47

My battery died yesterday, in the garage! Shit! it was only 7 years old.

4. One would expect Fairbanks Alaska to see 31 degrees at mid day in January,you wouldn't expect the thermometer to read one degree colder at mid day than you guys om the same day HRP

Bruce Fischer and warhorseracing like this.
  5. Wrench666

Wrench666

That winter was a rough one here. I was driving heavy tow truck and pulling big rigs that froze up all winter.
    Andrew

6. Wrench666

Wrench666

I’ve put 3 batteries in my daily driver in the last year and a half. Turns out too many batteries are shit these days.
    Andrew

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. No sir,easier to ask for forgiveness that permission,besides I know where the spare key is! :DHRP

8. HRP, at least you don't have snow & salt covered roads to deal with, be a shame to hafta drive that wagon in that,...hard to believe the cold/snowy weather that 2/3 of the US is getting,...minus 35* chill factor here the other nite,...was 70* warmer in Alaska!
    ...check out Ryan's post this AM,...we all got problems....hope 2018 takes a turn for the better for us all.

9. In my best Strother Martian voice,and think Cool Hand Luke-

"What we have here is a localism." :D HRP

10. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bruce, when I see someone parked like that I usually pull or back in so that the passenger side of my beat up O/T daily driver is within a few inches of their drivers side. I've been known to just hang around and watch the fun. In all cases it's not been a HAMB friendly car that I pin in, usually it's some SNEPOS* driven by a SDIWMMTB**.

* Shiny New Expensive Piece Of Shit
    ** Small-Dicked Idiot With More Money Than Brains

11. Bubba1955

Bubba1955

Global warming isn't real because I was cold today.
    More great news: World hunger is over because I just ate.

BJR, Baumi and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  12. it isn't global warming anymore , it's climate change

climate has always changed....if you drill down through the ice in Antarctica you can find trees

Hnstray and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  13. When we were kids it was dig a hole to China. HRP

warhorseracing and Bubba1955 like this.
  14. upspirate

upspirate

Driving a truck is different than parking them!!LOL (ask me how I know that)

15. Drill down through the trees in WV and you find; coal, gas, oil, then China.;)

Hnstray and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  16. Danny, quit posting all this depressing weather crap. It makes it hard to appreciate the 70's here in So Cal! :cool:

BigDogSS, HOTRODPRIMER and 3W JOHN like this.
  17. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

I moved south to get away from cold weather.

18. How's that working for you John? :D HRP

19. Damn. 1 time I park crooked I and catch all this flack.LOL.Bruce.

HOTRODPRIMER and upspirate like this.
  20. Just one photo doesn't prove it's a pattern. :D HRP

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  21. BJR

BJR

And too many forks cause fat people!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  22. Been below zero here in the mornings for weeks. Luckily, I was prepared as it gets this cold every year. Both cars running ok but my daily driver has a sticky power lock...locks me in the car! And the driver's window won't go down when it's below zero...small shit.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  23. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Danny, your rolling with the punches very well. One won't start, the other will. Until this current COMPLETELY UNPREDICTABLE weather pattern runs it's course, use antifreeze, use heat tape, and wrap exposed pipes. Do it once and hopefully it won't wear out 'til this stuff runs it's course. 10 of the last 12 days here in middle Indiana have been below 0 at night. That's pretty cold around here. But we're dealing with it. Happy New Year Buddy, Bill

24. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

So, how 's the ice fishing on Lake Shafer ?

25. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Homes aren't insulated as well as they might be, because ordinarily it isn't necessary to the extent it is up north. So when a real extended cold snap come through it causes trouble with plumbing, usually frozen pipes that run near outside walls. Leaving a faucet just slightly cracked, running a constant 24/7 stream of water - only about the size of a pencil lead - is all that's necessary and can prevent catastrophe.

There will be a few people with cracked engine blocks unfortunately. No excuse there really.

26. Don West

Don West

original batt. in my 2007 mustang gave up the ghoast new years over night outside at my girl friends house (-15 wind chill) guess 10 yrs on the original is getting my moneysworth.

27. Deuces

Deuces

The one I had in my F-150 last almost 12 years....
    Put damn near 70,000 miles on it before it took a crap...

28. 1 time it was caught on film....

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  29. Super cold on the Island, probably 5 or 6 early this morning, 11 now and at least 12" of snow on the ground. The previous day, a water main broke not far from me. They hustled to fix that.