Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Drive 'Em in 2018!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by arkiehotrods, Jan 1, 2018.

1. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Started the year off right by taking my Nomad and my '40 for a drive. Temperature was in the single digits but a beautiful day to hop in something and go! Took my 11 yr old grandson, who is visiting from out of town, for a ride in the '40. He loved it!
    20180101_105348.jpg 20180101_141451.jpg
    I drive both cars regularly year 'round but this year I am going to try to drive at least one of them every day.

2. yep, went for a spin to welcome in 2018.. Nice(little chilly)day in the PNW annie36.jpg

kiwijeff, Sum54ford, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  3. Still driving mine too! Bruce. 003.JPG Local new said it was 8 degrees here this morning but my wife just sent me a picture from the inside of her Envoy. It said 4 degrees. Going through the propane fast here even set at 64.Going to have to build a fire early to day. You all stay warm and safe!!!Bruce.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  4. gee Bruce, that boat takes up 2 parkin spaces...

5. Gman0046

Gman0046

Bruce, whats with the Power Parking?

Stogy and Bruce Fischer like this.
  6. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

if we didnt have 5" of snow on the ground I'd be out there, but here's some shots of Feb 2017 when we had warm weather...had 6 of us show up for an impromptu cruise night at the local tavern 70 degrees feb 22.jpg 50 degrees in Feb.jpg

7. I'm taking the Ford out after work. We have snow on the ground, some salt on the roads but they're dry. At 22* I won't be seeing any puddles.

Stogy and Bruce Fischer like this.
  8. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

Doesn't want that new paint door dinged.

Stogy, Bruce Fischer and Baumi like this.
  9. Took mine out yesterday for a stretch....

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  10. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I thought about driving my 61 Dodge New Years Day as some sort of New Years Day celebration but worked on my 49 Chevy I haven't driven in 30 years instead. hopefully drive to the Goodguys biggy in August at the Pleasanton Fairgrounds.

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  11. Rusty, SORRY . LOL. Bruce.

Stogy likes this.
  12. Gary ahhh , I was in a hurry????? lol.Bruce.

Stogy likes this.
  13. Speedwrench , YEA,YEA THATS IT.LOL.Bruce.

kiwijeff and Stogy like this.
  14. January 2,2018

Drove the wagon today out of necessity because the daily pickups battery croaked.

I did enjoy the ride at a brisk 9 degrees when I left the house and found out the wagon has a great heater. HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  15. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

This thread reminds me of a song : Well it's 40 below and I don't give a F%#K, gotta heater in my Truck and it's off to the Rodeo....... It has been below zero many times in the last week in C.N.Y. Lotsa Snow and road salt. Dreaming of Spring.

VR&C.

David Gersic and Torkwrench like this.
  16. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Here's a photo of my '59 GMC. Since it was taken last Friday, technically it's from 2017. However, it is what I usually drive to work. There was a heat wave going on.......It was about 10 degrees out. LOL.

Driving Into Work Dec. 29 2017.jpg

Ron Funkhouser, Truck64 and Stogy like this.
  17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gotta pry my head over to see what Steves posting OH there they are...:D...Miss 2018 is giving Miss 2017 a run for the money...

18. gene-koning

gene-koning

We have had 3 or 4 light snow falls in the last couple of weeks, not enough to plow, so the city is just dumping salt. I live on the end of a block, on a corner lot. My street ends at the intersection with the side street, that side street dead ends at the back end of my property. You come downhill from that side street and turn right onto my street. The City dumps enough salt on the hill and turn, the hard surface street almost looks like a gravel road with cleared tire paths coming down the hill and around the corner. Sometime in March, the city will come by and street sweeps the hill and corner to pick up the remains of the truck loads of salt they will dump there during the winter. I'm not taking my rides out on that street until after the city sweeps the streets at least 2x. Gene

arkiehotrods likes this.
  19. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Put 11,000 mi on the 40 in 2017 and plan on bettering that for 2018

IMG_1187.JPG

LBCD, little red 50, kiwijeff and 4 others like this.
  20. I was out with the car after work, the gym and took the long way home. The manual choke and air-gap intake aren't the best at 19* so I gave it a good warm up. In the garage it cranked a little slow with the 20w-50 in it. After the gym it cranked normal. I'm double glad I went all the way with the heater and defroster, works great and I was toasty. Got it up to 5K a couple of times.

21. Got power steering? That's my excuse when I park the Ford assways...

22. I've driven mine every day this year, so far. :D
    I took this pic yesterday, while taking the kid swimming at the beach. IMG_20180104_024408.jpg

Pic dumbed down, as I don't want to offend anyone with our bright sunny Summer day. :p

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  23. LBCD

LBCD

Did a small but steep 113 miles on New Year’s Day up to crystal lake at 5800’ elevation. And let my youngest take the wheel for a quick cruise around the neighborhood...his sister and mother didn’t believe him![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    little red 50 and kiwijeff like this.
  24. I'm jealous,up north we usually have to put our cars away from mid October to the end of April.
    Enjoy your drive!
    I know I would.

25. Rand Man

Rand Man

It was 12 degrees this morning, but I drove my coupe to work. No heater, but it wasn’t too bad. Warmed up to the mid 40’s this afternoon and sunny. So glad I got it out.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

26. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

I just noticed that you got 3 windshield wipers on that thing, I'm assuming because of limited blade length with the chopped top. Must rain like hell down under.