Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Help for a coast to coast road trip

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NVRRDUNN, Jan 1, 2018.

1. I have another post elsewhere here on this subject but rather than modify it, I just started over...so....I’m a 70 year old hotrodder that needs a couch for a few overnight stays enroute on my bucket list trip from Eugene Oregon to Stigler Oklahoma, then on to Greenfield New York, where I plan to join up with the Rolling Bones group and travel back home to Oregon, via a stop at the Bonneville Salt flats where I am going to be a go-fer crew member for my friend from Creswell, Oregon who is racing an alcohol 29 roadster there, then return to Oregon. My wife and I were planning on taking this trip a couple years ago and winding up in Stigler Oklahoma where her sister and significant other live then return to Oregon via Rte. 66/Grand Canyon/ California highway 1 on the coast then home, …..but she contracted stage 4 liver/bone/lung cancer in late August, so she wont be coming but she wants ME to take this trip anyway….so, in her honor and her memory, I’m gonna. I then changed the route to a much longer one to take advantage of combining another bucket list trip of visiting the homes of my ancestors in Warsaw and Dale N.Y for 3 days and doing some family genealogy stuff., then travel on to Greenfield NY to stay 2-3 days there to rest up and help the Bones crew get their stuff ready in any way I can be of help, then hit the road with them. I have a sleeping bag and a pillow, and traveling light, so a couch will work just fine for me overnight. I just figured I would rather talk with people with interests in cars and such and make some new friends during my overnight stays on the trip to the east coast rather than stare at 4 generic uninteresting walls for those evenings! I have most of the bases covered, but the places I need a bunk/couch/room are in or near Rawlins Wyoming, St. Louis Missouri, and Warsaw NY. I’d prefer to stay within 10-15 miles of these places. If you can help me out, you can contact me at [email protected] using C2C ROAD TRIP as the subject line so I know it came from this forum….or you can leave a message for me on the HAMB. I tip very well. Thanks so much. ..Steve in Oregon. (Pix of Alky Bonneville car below....You MIGHT recognize it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    catdad49 and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  2. Sorry about your wife - sounds like she was a great gal.

When are you planning this trip ?

Jim

3. joe1932

joe1932
    from NY

Hi Steve, Lots of room for you in Port Jervis NY. Im 2 miles off of I 84 exit 2. If this works let me know. Joe

4. Leaving July 18....

5. Thanks, Joe, but you are too far south. I'm gonna end up in Greenfield, which is a ways north of you.

6. atch

atch

Anyone heard from NVRRDUNN?

Is he on this trip now?

Any progress news?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Man you could stay with me, but I’m only 40 miles from Stigler, Oklahoma.

8. redo32

redo32

I was on his facebook page today & thought he ought to be on the road, but didn't see any mention of it.

9. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

10. Back up. Hope all is well.

11. Steve's a buddy of mine, He is on the road. If you need his info atch pm me

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. redo32

redo32

Steve is headed for Columbia,Mo tonight. Check out the other thread. Don't know if he will have time to check in with us for a HAMB travelogue. I didn't even know he left town.

13. atch

atch

I should have responded here, as I did a couple of hours ago on another thread.

Someone PM'd me Steve's phone number and I called him. At that time he was at the Starbird Museum and will be here this evening to spend the night.

It sounds like he's having a great trip.

14. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I am too sorry about your wife. Good luck on the trip. You don't know me , but if you run into any trouble coming back to Oregon I have a truck and trailer and can help you get back home.

15. atch

atch

Just heard from Steve. He's about an hour and a half away from me right now (5ish pm).

chryslerfan55 and Hnstray like this.
  16. atch

atch

Steve (NVRRDUNN) arrived here this afternoon. Pix of him in my driveway.
    20180725_185802.jpg
    20180725_185823.jpg
    20180725_185831.jpg

17. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Cool car. Trip sounds fun in a hot rod.