Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects I'm off to find my '30 Roadster in the Basement.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by The37Kid, Oct 23, 2010.

1. That's a nice ZW, Bob- can run four trains at once, if you want- do the trains match the era of your transformer?

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Yes, still have the box my first Lionel was in. not many kids saved the box that was under the Christmas tree 50+ years ago. Need to find a website that tells you how to get old sets running. Back in the day I had two 4x8 sheets of plywood covered with track. That same area housed my '27 T and the '30 Roadster body starting in 1966. Bob

Six Ball and oliver westlund like this.
  3. Bob, the two things I grew up doing with my dad were old cars and toy trains- getting the loco working isn't hard. Send me a PM of what you have, and I'll be happy to walk you through it!

Six Ball likes this.
  4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Snowed today, cut up the crate the '38 Front end came in, its feeding the wood stove. With all the room in the basement it is time to add another body down there. Bob

Six Ball and oliver westlund like this.
  5. Is this a body you already have or are getting another:eek::rolleyes: JW

6. If you are going to do it and it is warm this would be my choice. Yes Betty the body !
    [​IMG]

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

Different body, that one looks like it could poke an eye out. Bob

8. ckh

ckh

Maybe it's just me but I haven't stopped laughing since "linoleum blownapart" (post#320). Around 1967? there was a 3 or 4 month series in Car Craft magazine on wiring a T-Bucket. Each month there was a different diagram on how to wire a different part of the electrical system. One month: Ignition system, next month: starting system, next month charging system, then lighting system etc. Made it all easy to understand. That was before 1-800- wire your car came along.

Six Ball likes this.
  9. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

The "yoot" will be very easy to buy xmas gifts for... xmas shopping at napa or harbor freight.

kiwijeff and loudbang like this.
  10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Going to move some stuff around and see if the Roadster is still there. Bob

Six Ball, Runnin shine, F&J and 4 others like this.
  11. Dont forget to take pics, im losing count of how many bodies you have in that basement. ;)

LOU WELLS, loudbang and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  12. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

hot rod bunk beds... hmmmm ?

loudbang likes this.
  13. That's car bodies, Jeff. Don't want the wrong impression............and yes pictures please, Bob. JW

kiwijeff and loudbang like this.
  14. Here's another for you Bob, take care

Attached Files:

15. The37Kid

The37Kid

DSCF9677.JPG Thanks Fairlane500, really nice car. Got to the bottom of the basement stairs and the first ting I came across was the '32 heavy axle, I need to send it off to Okie Joe to have it straightened and checked. Started moving stuff around and found a lot of unwanted stuff, non car stuff. Decided that all the crap I list on that auction site should go into the heavy axle fund. Things look a bit better, back at it tomorrow. Got the rear bones blasted a few weeks ago, need to get some primer on them. Bob

16. Modded 105E

Modded 105E

G

loudbang and 48fordnut like this.
  17. Modded 105E

Modded 105E

Great story. How did you actually get it out from your Parents cellar / basement?

loudbang and 48fordnut like this.
  18. mapleleaf34

mapleleaf34

Hi there! I see you have an AA truck bellhousing for sale. Would love to buy it,
    but I am in Australia. Would you be prepared to ship it to me? Would pay any costs incurred.
    [email protected]

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sorry, I just boxed it and it is off to New York, second guy that asked was in Switzerland. I really enjoy selling stuff overseas but feel bad about the shipping costs. Now I have to find two of them at Hershey next week. Bob

oliver westlund and loudbang like this.
  20. mapleleaf34

mapleleaf34

thanks for the reply cheers Neal

21. The37Kid

The37Kid

DSCF1246.JPG Off to Kohler Kustom to get the arms bent to match the freshly dropped '32 Heavy.:):):):):)

Bob

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

Just noticed this build thread is seven years old, went back and reread some of it, lots of good memories. Bonus was seeing the missing motor mounts I've been looking for in one of the photos, red primer, should help me find them. Raining today, good day to spend in the basement, photo updates this evening.

Bob

23. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

your roadster is down under... mine is rust in the attic... DSCN0590.JPG DSCN0608.JPG

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  24. The37Kid

The37Kid

Oh, I've got an attic, just never posted the photos...............

Bob

25. The37Kid

The37Kid

Happy Thanksgiving!

Bob

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  26. Bob,is this gonna be the year? HRP

27. The37Kid

The37Kid

YES! I'm just not sure what the year is for.:confused: Roadster is off in the far corner.I just listed a box of American Rodder magazines on that auction site, they were 25 years old and I bought them new, were did that chunk of time go? Got a list of things to do today, part of the "New me in 2018", box some stuff, keep feeding the wood stove, it is COLD up here, then hit the workbench cleanup I never hit 365 days ago. Roadster will always be with me, I'd be real happy if the body was in paint ready primer some day.

Bob DSCF6162.JPG

28. The37Kid

The37Kid

Wheels and clock got boxed, tank gets boxed tonight, I may reach the Roadster by Wednesday.:rolleyes:

29. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Bob, seeing that portable table leaning against the 32 frame got me to thinking of rustic furniture. A nice big slab of mill cut native to the region old growth or salvaged hard wood with history, maybe four big old iron spindles or smaller I-beams from a demolished factory, cut off the rear kick up and you could be on your way to a mighty grand dining room table.
    Or you could build a cool roadster, either way works.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  30. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

bob, those '39 truck cowl sides look pretty good now that you have made them shiny...

loudbang likes this.