Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Hillbilly Cadillac (1963 C10)

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Dean Williams, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Dean Williams

Dean Williams

So here she is, my 1963 Chevy C10. I just picked her up on 12-25-17 for $1800 and this is my thread for all the changes I make on it. I plan to go traditional custom with it, nothing too crazy. Right now it's a nightmare of redneck engineering, the wiring on this thing is everywhere and it's got a Chrysler radiator! Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

spurgeonforge likes this.
  2. ring gap

ring gap

nice looking truck what are your plans motor wise???you may have to change rearend if you want to drive on high speed roads...mine rides nice at 50

3. Like the bed flag:cool:.

WTF really likes this.
  4. spurgeonforge

spurgeonforge

Welcome to the H.A.M.B. Dean.

5. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice to see an unaltered untouched stock pickup that looks like it just came off the show room floor after all these years. :rolleyes:

6. Dean,

Welcome to the HAMB! Where is home for you? There are some great C10 guys here in the Athens/Atlanta area if you're close.

7. Dean Williams

Dean Williams

For the motor I’m fine sticking with the straight 6 for now. I need to give it way more stopping power and handling first lol. Eventually wayyy down the road I wouldn’t mind swapping it for a 350.

8. Dean Williams

Dean Williams

Thank you, it was about time join after all the time I’ve spent spying on this forum lol.

9. Dean Williams

Dean Williams

I’m from Tacoma WA, if I ever end up cruising that far out there I’ll know who to look for!

10. Originally from the PNW we had a ton-o-those old chevy pickups. My last knee knocker chev [curved windshield dog leg] was a 61 with a good running 235 with split manifold and dual smittys. Great trucks. 61chevypu (2).jpg

Stogy and Jonnie King like this.
  11. '63 has the open mesh grille. Good 'ol trucks.

12. The 63 doesn't have the torsion bar front end. it also has the 12 bolt rear. and doesn't have the hyd clutch release. all great improvements from the 60 thru 62 trucks. Oversize tires on the rear will make it a bit longer legged and lower the RPM at higher speeds. In the early 70,s I drove a short bed 63 and loved the 410 and 430 rear gears. Gas was cheep then and I liked to smoke the tires. I had a 390 Hp 427 in my truck about the time of the fake gas shortage. pulled it out and installed a 194 six. I have it parked in the woods and a ice storm toppled a cedar tree on it. I had to quit driving it because the frame developed metal fatuge and was cracking in several places. setting & rotting 016.JPG setting & rotting 017.JPG

Stogy likes this.
  13. Yikes- that's a bit of a haul!

Make sure you also check out 67-72chevytrucks.com- lots of helpful folks on that site as well (and a bunch of us that are on both)

14. ...those are nice trucks, my first one was a 63 short fleetside,...here's a nice one, but probly too nice...this is when GM made nice lookin trucks,...can't believe the ugly stuff they sell today.
    63bksdpup.jpg

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    Stogy and Jonnie King like this.
  15. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Can't say I feel the same...

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  16. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

I would be willing to bet that is the only C10 in the country with that flag painted in bed AND a "Vans" decal.

I smell identity crisis.

You will enjoy the truck.

17. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

I caught that too!

18. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Great start ! Rocky had the right idea: a 235, split manifold, and, some hot mufflers, and your engine choice can be a real winner !

Best of luck to you Dean !

Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net