Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Custom car revival 2017

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Moriarity, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Let's see some photos of your '52.

stanlow69 likes this.
  2. OneBad56

OneBad56

refer to the avatar on the left.

3. I highly recommend making the trip OneBad56.. Kevin and everyone involved in putting on the CCR are a class act and the cars and people are well worth the adventure. I like your idea of taking your time and enjoying the road rather than pushing hard - you might see something you wish to pause and peruse!

Dave

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    drdave and Moriarity like this.
  4. I am currently working on a '51 Fleetline that will be a mild custom and always interested in seeing other similar cars. Mine' Model A gone & chevy 027.JPG s apart now but here it is before I took it apart.

5. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

Big thanks Moriarity for posting. Stunning show! I gotta put this on calander for future.... Although I feel permanently "tail light shamed"

Moriarity likes this.
  6. OneBad56

OneBad56

Late 70's mild custom: shaved, nosed, decked, one piece 51 olds windshield, two piece hood made into one piece. Stock height with daisy mags, medium blue paint with white to yellow to red flames over the front end. Do not know how many owners there have been.

The previous owner lowered it, painted it satin black and put on the wide whites, baby moons and black steelies.
    He also re-did the interior in leather and the original seat was re-sculptured.

I've added extra grille teeth, installed one piece California bumper, upholstered the trunk, got rid of the '80's billet knobs, window cranks, door cranks, and pedals. Installed banjo style cranks with art deco knobs. Still have to change out the wheel. I have extra interior trim which I will be polishing this winter and then installing. Engine compartment also has been re-dressed from modern crap to finned items, not overdone. Took off a flat bar trailer hitch too as well as changed out the ariel from a rubber thingy to a chrome one

Still has the original glass and window frames, which are slightly scratched and pitted respectively.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfortunately some other winter plans are now on hold, coming back from a show that would have taken 8 hours to get home, the harmonic balancer/crank pulley decided they didn't like working any longer and decided to part their ways from the crankshaft about 1.5 hours after leaving the motel..
    Have to replaced the engine, hence looking for a new one. Engine has been rebuilt once and the crank ground 10/10, therefore less expensive to replace than rebuild back to stock specs.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  7. Sweet & Low

Sweet & Low

Does this whole event take place at the head quarters hotel?
    Can you tell me the name of the head quarter hotel?
    I think I will have to miss Santa Maria next year and come to Indy. Looks like a killer kustom show.

John B, stanlow69 and Moriarity like this.
  8. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

at the hotel on Thurs and Friday. (some of us get there on Wednesday) and on Saturday the show moves to Edwards drive in.

go here for an entry form, pre register early as the show is already over half filled and cuts off at 200 cars.
    http://036d4d4.netsolhost.com/

Gotgas and rodncustomdreams like this.
  9. Sweet & Low

Sweet & Low

Thank You, looking forward to seeing some new cars

stanlow69 and Moriarity like this.
  10. That's a Clean lookin' Fleetline you got there Dave!

11. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Moriarity likes this.
  12. Sweet & Low

Sweet & Low

vicky pic.jpg Man guy's, I think I need to make a trip to this Kustom only show in Indy first before I can get my Vicky back there to join in the fun. Some of the guy's here in So Cal are trying to put a Kustom road trip together. We will see what happens.

Bowtie Coupe, John B, Gotgas and 5 others like this.
  13. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Bitchin Vicky, you guys will not regret it....

14. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

15. John B

John B

And now we can no longer say, I can't wait till next year!

16. Sorry to see you pass it along. I'm sure it will land in as loving a home as it is leaving. :)

Bowtie Coupe and Austinrod like this.
  17. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Just a couple of months until CCR!!!

18. Which car are you planning on bringing this year Mark?

Sancho and Moriarity like this.
  19. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I want to bring my corvette but Kevin wrinkles his nose when I talk about it..[​IMG][​IMG]

So, maybe I’ll bring the Astorian [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. Hard call from so many cool cars in the stable. I'd have a hard time picking between any of them from day to day. With only two running ones (most of the time), I generally pick whichever one is the cleanest to drive to work....unless it's raining, then I pick the dirtiest. LOL

21. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Corvette is a very kool example of a mild Kustom. The 58 Buick Grill was a tasteful change.

22. As well as the shaved handles and "6 tail lights"

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  23. Don't get me wrong, the Vette is super nice, but if I was going to a custom car event as a spectator I would WAY rather see the Astorian than the Vette.

24. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I was gonna mention that Lanny Ericksons chopped 56 Chevy was for sale in the classifieds, but I see it is SOLD. So never mind.

25. Cincinnati Slim

Cincinnati Slim
    from Cincy, OH

1 month from today, we'll be in Indy.
    The '60 got new shoes that she can't wait to show off.

John B, 54delray, drdave and 2 others like this.
  26. gsnort

gsnort
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fantastic creativity at its best. Great pics. Great cars.

27. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

Santos kustoms on Instagram bought Lanny’s 56

Sent from my iPad

Bowtie Coupe and stanlow69 like this.