Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel! My ford pickup

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by ChrisBlattie, Dec 31, 2017.

1. ChrisBlattie

ChrisBlattie
    from Montana

It's been 8 years of work, but I finally got er on the run! I've traded out glass for most of the parts, and have had 3 buddies help me with a significant amount of the work.

I saw a craigslist ad one day from a guy who had a 46 ford pickup for sale so i went & took a look at it. It was sitting in his back yard & looked like it had heen there for the better part of a quarter century and he was askin $1000. So, my kids had outgrown the big wooden swingset in the yard, which I had bought several years earlier for $400, and I was growing sick of mowing around it in the summer. He had a son that looked about 4 and I offered him up a trade and I'll be damned if he didn't take it. I just had to do the picking up and dropping off and assembly of the swingset.

Then throughout the next 8 years I've been gathering pieces and slowly building it, with the help of some talented people. The list of trades ive done to come up with all the parts and a pile of the labor is extensive.

Whattaya think?

Attached Files:

car doctor likes this.
  2. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Looks very nice! A lot of hrs of layout and fabrication are very apparent. I love how you married the 32 grill to it, looks and flows nice.
    The only thing I would change if it were mine....but it is not....so it's merely a personal opinion.
    I would lower the bed so the bottom of the cab and bed are in a single line plane.
    All in all a nice well done job!

ChrisBlattie likes this.
  3. Look again,that's not a '32 Ford grill shell,but your right it s a good looking truck. HRP

4. Budget36

Budget36

'36 PU grill I think. Looking good, but I second the comment on the bed as well.

5. Beware,it might be another train coming! :D HRP

6. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Yep it's not!

7. Lost in the Fifties

Lost in the Fifties

It's not necessary to move the bed. All that would have to be done is to add a piece of metal with 90's on either edge and attach to bed fore and aft of rear wheels like the factory did. They attached to them so there wouldn't be a space between bed and running boards.

8. jailbar joe

jailbar joe

great looking truck you have done a top job ...the old jailbars respond well to this type of treatment...
    but then i have two of them so i might be a bit biased :)