Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest We're About 75 And Still Building (Join In)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PHIL COOPY, Nov 30, 2017.

1. I'll be 69 in Feb. just had a partial knee replacement. Two time AO cancer survivor. Full speed ahead and this is where I spend most days enjoying myself. Time spent here or with my grand kids. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

mkebaird, chop job, JOYFLEA and 4 others like this.
  2. I'll be 75 this March...naaah....that can't possibly be right, can it? Nonetheless I've got three projects underway. The third redo in 38 years on my convert...hopefully out in the summer of 2018. Got a '40 Ford coupe again a couple years ago...that fluff and buff turned into a restoration that should be moveable soon.Last is a ground up '28/29 rpu on '32 rails. Spent 4 months on it a couple winters back
    but it's on momentary hold while I get the 40's closer - still gathering parts though.

On top of that my wife and I are still day caring Grandkids. Don't have time for getting bored. Fortunately not chasing any bad health stuff....God willing .

TagMan, Kan Kustom and biggeorge like this.
  3. This is my neighborhood hero, John, with me and my middle boy and one of John’s old “buggies” as he calls em:

8D9C7C1C-4847-452A-AEB0-8863466AD306.jpeg

Believe it or not, John turned 90 this year! I told him to keep right on being immature - it sure is working well for him!

He’s a great role model for my boy, and me!

norms30a, TagMan, Kan Kustom and 2 others like this.
  4. earlymopar

earlymopar

You are all in the age group that inspired me and continue to do so. I'm 65 and with 3 older brothers, clearly know what got me here. Keep it up guys (well, sorry for the double meaning!).

- EM

5. Which one is John?;)
    oops, I'd better be careful...Mustang is not that far from me

6. That is why Gene Winfield is a great inspirator for us with 90 and still working on cars.
    I'm only 49 so have a long way to go (i hope).

Hennie

biggeorge likes this.
  7. poco

poco
    from oklahoma

I will be 83 in a few days and i am starting a full rebuild on a 46 ford 2 door, i also have a 48 chevy coupe street rod that i built from body off to a very good driver.

oj and biggeorge like this.
  8. poco

poco
    from oklahoma

9. joee

joee

between hot rods and sex I don't have much time on my hands !!!!!!!

10. bct

bct

This thread is inspiring me to buy more projects.

SwampLedge likes this.
  11. PHIL COOPY

PHIL COOPY
    Member Emeritus

At 78 wrenchin' is better!

biggeorge likes this.
  12. putz

putz
    from wisc.

Rocky, sure like that 34 " ...... i,m 71 ,hopefull for having my 40 Ford pu. done this year , Old Skool build !:cool:

biggeorge likes this.
  13. murpa

murpa
    from .

biggeorge likes this.
  14. leon bee

leon bee

I'm 68. Been doing motorcycles for years, but as I get more terrified of riding them in traffic been focusing on cars. 53 Buick, 50 Ford, Hudson and a too new Lincoln. I never had a concrete floor until the last few years and now I just can't adapt to sliding around on a creeper.

One time I had to call my brother over to hack off my long hair which I had wound up in the creeper wheel. So that I could get out from under the car. Now I mostly just flop down and roll around on the cold, hard floor. "Keeping a hard edge" I call it.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    biggeorge and Midnight340 like this.
  15. Papas32

Papas32
    from No.Ia.

I turned 66 in September and retired yesterday! I hope to get back to working on my cars more as money and health permits.

biggeorge and warbird1 like this.
  16. Midnight340

Midnight340

Leon bee, I know what you mean!!! Did most of my '50 F-1 (shown in earlier post w/ XL Honda in back) under a tree, in the dirt, or on old cracked concrete.
    Now at 71 I finally have s smooth floor but I can't get used to a creeper!! Have gone back to just sliding under on a piece of cardboard!!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

leon bee likes this.
  17. leon bee

leon bee

Yeah, you gotta jack em up higher for that dam creeper.

18. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

76 and still working on bangers older than I am 86B01765-9FC4-4460-9B7E-124D4EA750AB.jpeg

19. Love this thread. I have always enjoyed being around people senior to me. I can hardly relate to people my age. I turned 40 in Nov. My wife tells me I'm an 80 year old man in a 40 year old body.
    My grandpa was 74 when he started building a Class C RV from a wrecked Ford van. He got it completely finished, it looked great and he drove it for quite a few years. Keep at it fellas!

Sent from my A521L using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

biggeorge likes this.
  20. I'm 71 and still keep two to three projects going.

21. Gman0046

Gman0046

The biggest problem I have is getting up after working on the ground or working under a dash. Not long ago I was working under the dash on my 63 Impala when my wife wasn't home and got myself into a position I couldn't get out of. Thought I'd have to stay there until help arrived. Some how I managed to free myself. Never had problems like this when I was younger.

trollst and biggeorge like this.
  22. Midnight340

Midnight340

Gman0046, I've had myself in this predicament. The worst for me is getting stuck under my truck when I was too lazy to jack it high enough.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Gman0046, trollst and biggeorge like this.
  23. I know where you are coming from, A hoist is a must have for me, any time I have to work under a dash I have to take the seat out.

biggeorge likes this.
  24. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

73 and still doing it. I have one project I hope to finish this summer and then start a new one.

biggeorge likes this.
  25. Rick & Jan

Rick & Jan

Turned 71 Dec. 2nd., Every day we wake up is one less day we have to play, Keep going or Die!!

TagMan, Oilguy and biggeorge like this.
  26. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

I'm just a baby at 65.Will retire in April than I can finish my 56 Ford Victoria mild Kustom!

biggeorge likes this.
  27. Gman is also my grandson’s nick name

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Gman0046 likes this.
  28. Turk39

Turk39

image.jpeg Just turned 70

biggeorge and Oilguy like this.
  29. bobw

bobw

I'm 76 1/2 (yes we count half years at this age) and I can't stop building hot rods. Currently working on a steel Bantam coupe with a 468 BBC and a '30 Chevy roadster pickup with a slant 6 and 4 speed. Tore my HAMB-style dragster apart last fall for an overall clean up and some mods. The Bantam and dragster should be at the Meltdown Drags this summer.

biggeorge likes this.
  30. Rick & Jan

Rick & Jan

Keep in mind, when you retire, you don't run out of money, you run out of "Life Style"

biggeorge and warbird1 like this.