Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Resolutions & predictions for 2018

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Dec 31, 2017.

1. What's yours? will you finally get started on that stalled project that has sat for more years than you can remember? HRP

2. Drive my 32's More!

3W JOHN, HOTRODPRIMER and da34guy like this.
  3. Go to more races!

3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.

4. Finally finish stripping interior out of "Project Idiosyncrasy" aka Henry J

[​IMG]

5. Glad you did that! I thought it was a picture of an accident at first!:rolleyes: Keep it going!:cool:

6. southcross2631

southcross2631

Survive my open heart surgery, get moved to Tn. and my new shop built. Finish my Morris Minor Gasser project. Other than that not much.

7. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Keep getting up in the morning, (hell, afternoon is OK), stay healthy and make some progress on the project.

8. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Resolution
    Finish one of my hot rods.
    Prediction
    Ain't gonna happen!
    I need to sell one

9. Dennis D

Dennis D

Get mine to driver status after seven years! D

10. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

My resolution is to not make any resolutions.:p:D:D

11. Predicating here that I'll spend ridiculous amounts of money and time on the Chevy.
    Going to buy swap meet stuff I'll never need and cuss at electric cars.
    Also going to meet as many HAMB ERs as possible.

12. 33essex

33essex

1. Get my car to the point of moving under it's own power
    2. Staying smoke free. I Quit 3 months ago still tough at times.
    3. For predictions I see more money being spent on my project.

13. Both the deuces are running as is the wagon but I have a few things I want/need to do to all 3 of the cars,some of the repairs cost virtually nothing others will require cash.

Resolution, get off my arse and clean up the barn & the old garage and start selling some of my extra parts.

Prediction - I will get all the repairs done on the cars and although I will get started on the barn and garage I will once again procrastinate and and make the same prediction in 2019. :rolleyes: HRP

14. Vanness

Vanness

This is the year I break that curse too!!

15. triman62

triman62

I'm going to the second phase of the Hornet project, the drivetrain. After 2000 hours and 4 years on the body I'm in the home stretch, got a year left in the budget, hope the cash will start flowing into the project again. Already got a head start on it. Picture1229171605_1.jpg Picture1218171509_1.jpg

16. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

17. fuzzface

fuzzface

After being in a downward spiral for many years and almost losing it physically and worse mentally, I am finally getting it back together and feel really good about it. Seeing I have my health back in the right direction and can see the end of the tunnel of my financial problems, I am going to play in my shop again and really can't wait for this weather to break a little.

First thing is get the scrap out of my main shop and back in the other one. So I will have my toybox back in operating order.

Get the off topic car off my lift that 's been there when I had my heart problems years ago and I just gave up on life so I can use it again.

Then I am pulling the 48 Packard hearse back out of the corner and start building it again. Not sure what other ones I will tackle right now but just am glad I didn't need to sell all my cars when things went south and was able to keep my favorite ones and certain projects. Yep, happy I kept my shop, tools and some toys and didn't sell everything like I almost did.

Been a long haul but I'm back and feeling good physically and best of all mentally too. Unless you talk to my wife, she says I need help from those doctors in white uniforms? :)

18. Driver of a hearse is way better off than the passenger.

19. ......................In that same vein, I'm hoping to be seen at various hot-rod functions this coming year , because being seen is far better than being viewed.:(

20. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

My goal for 2018 is to accomplish the goals of 2017 which I should have done in 2016 because I made a plan in 2015 to keep the promise I made back in 2014 that I would accomplish more than I did in 2013 so I could be a better person than I was in 2012.

21. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sell as much crap as I can, automotive and non automotive, I really want to see the walls and floors around here. I'd really like to have the Steelback body together, blasted, primed an the doors fit perfectly. Rebuild the back wall of the garage and finish the ceiling sheetrock, stain the house, upgrade things in the yard. The other car projects need to be collected and have all the parts in one pile/section, otherwise it is just a scattered collection of junk. Happy New Year! :):):)

Bob

chryslerfan55, Stogy, 3W JOHN and 2 others like this.
  22. Harry,you might actually be a bigger procrastinator than me! :D HRP

23. Try to keep as sane as I can. Try not to worry and try not to sweat the small stuff so much. As for the coupe? To be faster, keep it in one piece for more than three weeks, go to injection on the blower. Try some nitro, build the other engine I have, continue to whip ass drag racing and not go broke. Get to more events and meet more hambers. Oh yea, and not go broke. Damn, I need a beer!;):D

chryslerfan55, Stogy, 3W JOHN and 2 others like this.
  24. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Moving to Upstate NY so I can be around my daughters more....start a 3d Printing business....stay tuned....

mad mikey, Stogy, B Bay Barn and 2 others like this.
  25. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

First of the plan happens on Jan 2 when I officially retire from work.
    Plan 2 is to stay above the dirt.
    Resolutions:
    1. tear down the shed and get my shop built in it's place. Weather is probably the big issue there as My hands don't do well when it is real cold out.
    2. make noticeable progress on the 48 and my other projects during the year. Hopefully finished rolling chassis for the 48 and body work past the rough in stage.
    3. make a road trip or two. Walk with my feet in the sand, camera in hand taking sunset photo or two.

26. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Try to keep on rollin. There were family issues in 17 that slowed down things a good bit but still managed to finish up a 37 woody and get a 40 std coupe in the works. Didn't get out to many runs or shows due to the family issues but hope 18 is better. The 40 coupe is in paint now and should be here around the 15th of Jan. It will be number 14 I think and hope to have it well on it's way by my 75th at the end of Feb.

27. I LIKE #3. I really do. Good luck.

Ben

28. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Clean my garage and keep it clean.

mad mikey, Stogy, 3W JOHN and 2 others like this.
  29. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

That's unnatural.

mad mikey, Stogy, 3W JOHN and 2 others like this.