Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. The red short 66 stepside is a chevy frame with a GMC cab. Some one put chevy cab sails on it. the blue white and rusty 1960 is a short fleetside. Its kinda odd. came with a V8 powerglide big back glass and no chrome or stainless. the 61 C60 behind it has a torsion bar independent front suspension. It was a 261 engine truck. the 53 GMC to the left has a 248 mill its a cut off bob truck.

Bowtie Coupe and Speedys Garage like this.
  2. 20171229_115837.jpg Guy that owns this one is just about ready to get serious about working on it. That's been the story since the early 90's.

3. scotts52

scotts52

^^^what make of pickup is that?^^^

4. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

5. redo32

redo32

1948-50 Ford to be exact

6. My neighbor bought the green short bed new at McFall Chevrolet. He wore out the 230 engine and parked it under a large oak tree. and a big limb fell on it. The blue long bed was my daily driver for two years. It had a 283 three speed. 410 rear gears. I pulled a trailer a lot with it. the cab is still viable. only the rockers are rusted and need replacing. The green long bed was also one of my daily drivers for a time. It was a 283 with a factory 319 overdrive and 430 rear gears. 60 thru 66 trucks 018.JPG 60 thru 66 trucks 020.JPG 60 thru 66 trucks 019.JPG

7. greener200

greener200

my Dads 37 Ford , I remember he seized the motor driving through 4 feet of snow in the Blizzard of 78. Been here ever since

Attached Files:

8. WTF really

WTF really

Oh man I remember that winter. Worse one I can ever remember.

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  9. scotts52

scotts52

Either one of these for sale??

rusty relics 016.jpg

10. wandi harry

wandi harry

what make?
    I like the suicide doors

11. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

chryslerfan55 and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  12. That's a 1934 Dodge sedan delivery! I've had mind for 40 plus years I've only seen 2 others, although I,m sure threre's more. The large truck is a 34 Dodge also. 198.jpg . THAT"S A GREAT FIND!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  13. No, they are long gone. Most of the pics I post here were taken some years ago.

14. ...this one sat in a field near me for years,...even the roof rotted out,...gone now, I think scrappers got it a couple years back...wish I could've made a deal on it, lot's of useable stuff on it.

Misc. 010.jpg Misc. 011.jpg Misc. 013.jpg Misc. 012.jpg

15. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

Hey there Old Wolf = Lotsa info. about these '60-'66 chevy longbeds...but I can't believe that no one is going to ask......so what's with the (pretty early!) IH Metr o VAN in the backgound???
    lol

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    Bowtie Coupe and chryslerfan55 like this.
  16. There was a guy from Indiana who used that van to work out of he did electrical plumbing and was a Mr fix it handy man jack of all trades. He retired to southern missiouri and parked the metro on blocks for decades. and I bought it at his estate sale. complete Red diamond engine that spins free. I cleaned the carb and have the cyls soaking. Never got around to starting it up yet. I wanted to pull the oil pan and be certain its clean before starting it. Likely a good engine because the spark plugs wherent oil fouled and it had good compression the same on all the cyls. Its got shelves and pigeon holes and little metal drawers full of really old stuff. things like NOS cloth covered electrical appliance cords. fuses of every type imaginrable. new parts in boxes that I haven't a clue what they are. His heirs did not probate his estate and I did not get a title. They announced before they auctioned the vehicles that they where being sold for scrap and there wouldn't be a title or bill of sale. I still could get a bonded title if I wanted. Those apparently have a following. there is a facebook group and a international website. I also bought a 52 ford school bus and a 86 ford Pk at the sale. The 52 bus had the large flat head six engine. I sold it to a HAMB member who resides in Southern Calif.

Bowtie Coupe and chryslerfan55 like this.
  17. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I saw a nice one at somernitescruise this summer, love the 4 60s ford tail lights,55ish chev lookin truck back bumper,
    awesome colors in person, low stance. This is not the actual pic from somernites but after I saw it there for the first time and did some research, I discovered it has been around a few years. I might have liked it slightly better if it had a more traditional "style" wheel and maybe without the big ice cream on top, but it was still over the top cool!:cool:
    upload_2018-1-1_19-38-58.jpeg

Patrick46, gonmad and chryslerfan55 like this.
  18. triman62

triman62

Watched this video and went to goggle earth for a better view. Looks like heaven to me. They are for sale. call 701 680 0777 no text phone calls only Picture0101181900_1.jpg

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  19. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

triman62 - I found it a few years ago and posted it, too - sure enough, the HAMB knows all...several people knew right who it was in ND.
    Stuff's for sale but they want top top dollar for the Chevy stuff. Father and son farmers, I think. I see a lot of their ads on ND craigslist sites. Same buildings in the background you can tell...but Never has a price in the ad...

20. 062.jpg Thanks SELECTEDGRUB, That's just Great ART! :) I've posted this one on another thread, but it's kinda cool. I saw it from the road, and just had to go back.;)

21. Here is a couple more I took...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

Is it the Lisbon place?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  23. Picture0107181218_1.jpg Picture0107181217_1.jpg

Sittin in the same place for the last 20 years

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    Cooon, gonmad, Ron Funkhouser and 4 others like this.
  24. ^That '39 Plymouth WANTS to be a woody.

25. 20180112_155454.jpg A few older images I have. Found this old Ford way out in a wooded area that I was told was once a junkyard. It had a 53/54 gauge cluster installed in/on the original dash and a banjo wheel still in it. This was the only car I came across but there were some old tires and stainless trim pieces sticking up from the ground in places. There was a 51 Ford front clip that was being eaten by a large tree not far from this hull.

26. 20180112_155541.jpg 20180112_155610.jpg 20180112_155629.jpg
    These were taken on private land a few years back. The guy had every car his parents and siblings had ever bought still on the property and would not let anyone look at them. When I was a kid my dad and I, along with one of his friends, were run off from here for stopping and asking about them lol. I got to know the guys younger brother who lived not far from the place and was able to get myself and a couple of buddies in to look. We were actually able to buy a few cars as well! Sadly, the gentleman died about a year after these pics were taken and everything was auctioned. The owner of the local scrap yard bought most of it including the blue 69 Chevelle. It went for $6500. I tried to buy it several times but the guy bought it new in the fall of 68 and he wanted to hang onto it. Factory 396, 4spd, SS. Its sitting up on blocks in that pic. You can't tell from the pic but it still had its stock "mags" on it with SS center caps, oval exhaust tips, and an 8 track inside with Credence Clearwater stuck in it lol.