Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods XO/PP Bonneville project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john mullen, Dec 28, 2017.

1. IMG_3774.JPG IMG_3796.JPG
    coming to Bonneville 2018 Speed Week Provided the salt is good.

EVL401, Darryl Deir, Spooky and 20 others like this.
  2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is one cool pickup...I wish for good weather and surfaces for your record breaking run ;)

3. RacingRoger

RacingRoger

Are those fuel injection units or carburetors on the engine?

Elcohaulic and loudbang like this.
  4. What a beautiful piece of American machinery......GOD BLESS MURICA murica-meme-1.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. (2) Holley HP 500 CFM 2 barrels Carbs

6. RacingRoger

RacingRoger

Too gorgeous for carbs! But wow -- it all looks fantastic! Good luck, and I hope the salt is good enough to run on.

7. RacingRoger,
    Class rules for XO/PP mandate Naturally aspired...Thus Carbs.. XO stands for Vintage engine PP stands for Production Pick up.
    I hope the salt will be better this coming year.. I sure would like to have a record run there before the salt flats become to poor to race on.. Weather along with other issues have shut down racing 2 out of the past 3 years.. they ran last year however some complained the salt was very rough due to poor salt conditions. I am optimistic 2018 will be a good year for Land Speed Record attempts

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

x2

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  10. RacingRoger

RacingRoger

Thanks, John! Please keep us posted - I'd love to see how you do!

11. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Well you could use mechanical Fuel Injection. I did.

12. deucemac

deucemac

Look for the guy with the turquoise and white F100 with the Y block in it at Bonnneville. If you guys can pit together or near each other, you might have a great week. I will look for you on the salt. We will be with the #348 C/GR roadster. Good luck and see you there.

13. Stogy.
    click on the highlighted wording in my signature area at the bottom of my post

14. what class did you use the mechanical fuel injection?

15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

John the link is now removed from your postings and when I click on the one in your profile it gives me a error message. Perhaps you have it as private or something to that effect. Below is the text or link I was refering to.

Click here to check out the Virginia HAMB XO/PP Bonneville truck project!

chryslerfan55, rhtfo and loudbang like this.
  16. oj

oj

Lookin good there John!

lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  17. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

XO PP Allows mechanical fuel injection, and anything else you can afford,,,,
    Classes like V4 and V4F and AIR have limitation on induction and ignition and electronic information gathering.
    Most of us XO PP run carbs cause they are simple and work well,,, right JT ? (His is one of them strange little open cars with a real fast 302)? We run a single 4 barrel, dual points that is getting a petronix.
    If you can make it out to El Mirage in May you will get a through inspection that might find some correction items before you get to the Salt.
    #241 XO PP

18. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

V4/GR V4F/GR XXO/FS XXO/VGAlt I have built and sold mechanical injection units to a Chevy 261 racer as well as a Buick eight. And when I was doing that, would have been happy to do one for your Ford. Naturally Aspirated means, No Blower. Also the vintage classes are not allowed electronic injection But Stu Hilborn's product is still legal and used by many. engines.jpg 2287825-a451d682e9de82e9ad61b6b2ab3d209c.jpg 232323232%7Ffp733;8)nu=8737);92)25 )WSNRCG=338;68( 5234;nu0mrj.jpg

Attached Files:

19. 2018...the year of THE TRUCK. Way to go John!

lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  20. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Still getting this John when I click on your link...

upload_2017-12-29_11-44-23.png

craig b blue and chryslerfan55 like this.
  21. Stogy, try clicking on the link in my signature...in post #19 above. This might help isolate the problem. See if you get the same error message there.

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  22. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I did its the same. I think John has his settings on private or I'm banned...:D

chryslerfan55 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  23. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

It doesn't work for me either.

24. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

I get the error message on that link too.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  25. Don't know what's wrong...it works for me.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  26. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Another thing Johns link does not show on cellphone posts but on desktop its there...

27. Budget36

Budget36

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  28. Stogy, You must join the Virginia Hambers social group in order to view the build .

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  29. for those who wish to follow the build .. go to your social groups and search for the Virginia HAMBers social group and join it is not a closed group but you must be a member to view the build. I hope this helps everyone.

30. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not being familiar with Ford 6's, I do believe they have shared intake ports and I don't know the firing order. With that said carburators are a lot smarter than we are and letting the engine take what it wants makes the tuner a real smart guy. 2 500 cfm carbs are a bit much IMO. My 302 in the avatar runs a 600 with vacuum secondaries and with the speeds I've attained shows I must be pretty close. Velocity/mixture entering the port is your best friend.
    As for good salt, the vehicle you chose and speeds your looking to attain it should not matter at all. Our 40 Chev coupe with 302 ran 149 a Bonneville and 152 at El Mirage and could have cared less. A sprung vehicle on the salt is always a pleasure to drive unless there are bad pot holes which are avoidable at your speeds.
    I always look forward to seeing new XO engine powered cars...