Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration /\*/\*/\*/\Friday Art Show 12-29-2017 /\*/\*/\*/\

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jigger, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Happy New Year!

1960 Vauxhall Velox, custom.

Vauxhall_Custom_4web.jpg
    63_Galaxie_Rag_Top_rev17.jpg
    64buickelectra-2.jpg

63Chevywgn-2.jpg

61_Ponch_Air_Ride.jpg

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    b-bop, David Gersic, quick85 and 39 others like this.
  2. Davkin

Davkin
    from SLC, Utah

3. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Happy New Year everyone .............

happy-new-year-images-2018.jpg

JimC, Wild Willy, GaryC. and 27 others like this.
  4. GaryC.

GaryC.

Should old acquaintance be forgot,
 and never brought to mind?... I think not.
    Happy 2018 to you all... my fellow artists and our great patrons of the arts!

COE Hauler.png Jim Travis So-Cal Coupe.jpg Nacho.jpg Sled.png

b-bop, David Gersic, pwschuh and 45 others like this.

5. 171130KD161con..jpg Darrin KF161- rough ideas... HNY cats..

6. georgeg

georgeg
    from Il

Happy New Year! DSC_2801.jpg DSC_2758.jpg DSC_9638.jpg

7. Have a great New Year everyone!!!!!

48.jpg

David Gersic, quick85, JimC and 34 others like this.
  8. (HAPPY NEW YEAR) 2017 was a great year. What was some of your favorite art that you did this year? I looked in my cellphone gallery to find a few. Also thanks for a great 2017 F.A.S. this year. Ron... 20171125_165125.jpg 20171120_230954.jpg 20171120_225638.jpg 20171120_222502.jpg 20171110_021948.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

quick85, JimC, Wild Willy and 34 others like this.
  9. mark schanfeldt

mark schanfeldt

I hope the New Year is good for all of us. RED RIMMED ROADSTER.jpg

quick85, JimC, Wild Willy and 25 others like this.
  10. Happy New Year to everyone I want to say Thank You for sharing your talents and making Friday’s Awesome all year long! Here is a plate that I am making for the rear valance on my 37 Plymouth sedan I’m building. If your interested the build thread is below. Hobo Jim

5358C511-2956-429F-966C-01879C1A319F.jpeg

11. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

12. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg Got hammered, happy New Year to all !

David Gersic, quick85, JimC and 28 others like this.
  13. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Some HAMB member rides this year.

Attached Files:

14. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A few more.

Attached Files:

15. mike bowling

mike bowling

The original "blueprint" (2014) and the end result. (2017) DSCN2881.JPG DSCN3616.JPG

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  16. Awesome to see such a great FAS shaping up to close out 2017! All of you guys are wicked talented, and I really appreciate your sharing your work with us every week. Here's wishing all y'all a very Happy and Prosperous New Year. May 2018 exceed all our expectations! :D

17. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

As the end of the year approaches, our house gets a little crazy. The mantra is: "In with the new, out with the old." (like most households) We have been cleaning out the garage all week. The first item to bite the dust, prior to trash can day, was a 20 year old wire form, tall snowman that used to grace our front porch every year. For the last two years, he has been napping during the Christmas season. He was so big that a large container had to be used to store the disassembled, big guy (all year) in the attic.

That large container barely fit in the attic opening and it was a battle storing it every year. The tall, wire framed snowman was becoming a little bedraggled and had several overhauls over the years. But, when my wife gets going, there is nothing holding her back..."Out with the old" is a little scary as the dog and I are lucky to still be around !!! Yikes.

Back in the old days in the Los Angeles metropolitan area, you would call a local scrap yard for big yard pickups at your house. If you cleaned out your garage, call the pick up service, etc. No big box trash bins, just trash taken straight to the local dump.
    upload_2017-12-29_5-6-26.png
    This scrap yard theme truck could have been used on the old TV show from the 60’s. Early 50s-60s curbside pick up: It was before the local trash companies began their curbside pick up of big items on days other than the normal weekly, pick up day. It was a private enterprise, some legal, some not so much...

In early 1960, Long Beach, we cleaned out our backyard “Rumpus Room” and made it into a garage for our SBC 40 Willys build. There was a ton of big pieces of wood, old metal shelves, benches and windows, etc. We did not have anything like a pickup truck to haul all of it to the dump. (called a trash landfill, these days…)

My mom told us to neatly pile up the stuff next to the weekly trash cans. Our neighbor told her that a “Mr. Hilbertson” would drive by around 6 am and pick up that big stuff not in a certified trash can. We put all of the stuff out by the curb at night. By 7:00am when we left for HS, the stuff was miraculously gone. We did not have to make a special trip to the dump or the Wilmington (near Lions) scrap yards.

Today, the official city or county trash pick up companies provide special pick ups of “other stuff" not in the two certified trash cans. Or, you can call the modern equivalent of the “Got Junk” rolling trash pick up service from various companies. Back in those 1950s, it used to be fun to make the trips to the local dump sites. The old one in Carson is now an area for the future pro football stadium and industrial uses. The other nearby site is/was east of Belmont Shore and became a very popular shopping/entertainment area near Coast Highway 1 and 2nd street. Both sitting idle for the required years before construction on the land.

Jnaki

Yes, that old, red, custom, pick up bed would get thrashed, but that is why there is a full lifting, solid, paint matching, bed cover. These days, the month of November and December could have this holiday, paint scheme. Then switch out the colors throughout the year with the easy-on wraps, now available.

upload_2017-12-29_5-16-27.png Spring cleaning pick ups...
    More trash to pick up? Just add on a matching friendly trailer for more stuff. If there is more junk, then a color matching, hard camper shell will cover plus allow more stuff to be put in the back. More junk is a theme around our garage after the holidays. “Get rid of that crap…was a mantra this whole week…”
    upload_2017-12-29_5-20-41.png
    This year, an outdoor tree display and a custom, wire formed, black top hat for the snowman with lights, also bit the dust. 10 different old strands of lights that sporadically lit up in sections were neatly rendered useless and were trashed. Various old tree stands, metal/wood, and of course, many tools and parts that I haven’t used in years. “If you haven’t used it in a year, throw out…two years, definitely trash it,” was heard all week, too.

Luckily, my drawing/shaping tools, pinstriping brush, several plastic car models still apart, hand formed, racing sailboat models/parts, a current, metal 1/32 car all apart for years, ready for paint, were still in boxes and hidden in the back portions of the cabinet. But, we were definitely ready for the drive by junk guy with a pickup, according to the garage clean out commander. Actually “demand-er…”

Geez, after writing this art story, I finally get it: trash PICKUP for a pickup story. Brainwaves sporadically functioning during the holidays.

Bring on the NEW YEAR and its stuff... And, yes, the old dog and I are still around.

18. Cree

Cree
    from Montana

19. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

Well winter is here so I'm back at the kitchen table painting again. I wish everyone a happy new year terrys-blade.jpg

20. ...all the FAS 's have been great this past year,...really look forward to it each week,...
    ...here's one not quite finished and a sneek peak at another...
    ...hope you all have peace in your new year.
    fri art 17 154.jpg fri art 17 158.jpg fri art 17 161.jpg

catdad49, b-bop, john mullen and 29 others like this.
  21. The 1933 Vicky concept drawing I never built! I sold that yellow one before I got to do it because of another project!
    Vaun_0010.jpg
    You can tell how far back it was by the fat tires hanging out!

artshow 013.jpg

catdad49, quick85, JimC and 20 others like this.
  22. Fredlaurent47

Fredlaurent47

23. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

24. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

25. Hey ya'll,
    That snuck up fast...
    Thanks for all the art and discussion on the F.A.S this year.
    Here are the images from the 2018 calendar I did as a fundraiser for a young girl here in NZ.
    It was wonderful to be able to give to such a deserving family.
    All the best for 2018 to each and every one of you and may it be all you want it to be.

APRIL IMG_6927_A4 logo cover 2018 40.jpg
    12 month images.jpg

26. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Looking back over the year these two scrap art pieces were among my favorite endevours.
    And I guess Dave Stuckey's torch.

Happy New Year everyone.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

27. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

28. mike bowling

mike bowling

Super talented bunch on here!
    Hope everyone has a Happy and Healthy New Year.
    Mike B.

catdad49, Cruisin', Jigger and 4 others like this.