Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to the HAMB

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by cody ellingson, Dec 28, 2017.

1. cody ellingson

cody ellingson

Hello all! I am new to the HAMB and a new ‘52 Styline Deluxe owner as well. All original 235 w/ powerglide and 74,000 on it. Lowest mileage car I’ve ever owned! Just picked it up last night actually. I’ve got a little knowledge rolling around upstairs, but I figured it can’t hurt to have all the great minds at my finger tips as I source parts and knowledge. Hope to see and learn a ton from you guys!

Donuts & Peelouts likes this.
  2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi & welcome. Nice looking ride there. I have been working on my 46 Stylemaster Coupe for 4 years now and nearing completion on making it my ultimate Hwy cruiser & daily driver. I have put nearly 9,000 miles on it in those 4 years in between making some changes & looking forward to doing lots of long distance tours & cruises beginning in a couple of months. Just took out closed driveline and have installed a 57 Chevy pickup rear end with a 307 ratio and pulling the Original 3 speed manual tranny today to refab crossmember and install a T350 automatic.
    Should be back on the road sometime next week. Thee 235's are really nice cruising engines. Mine is a 57 engine with lots of upgrades.
    Parts are easily avalible for both your car & engine. I got lots of parts from places like www.chevsofthe40s.com & from www.fillingstation.com . These have both online stores and if you contact them they will send you a nice paper catalog.
    If you need info feel free to post on the HAMB and ask.
    Jimmie

3. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Welcome from Colorado.

cody ellingson likes this.
  4. cody ellingson

cody ellingson

You're 46 is looking awesome jimmie! I dig the idea of the "long haul" crusier you're working towards. I bought mine with the intention of a similar idea. Instead of dropping a v8 in like most, I plan on keeping the 235 and maybe freshening that up a bit come next winter. Everytime I head to Back to the 50s, I tend to see more and more v8s dropped in place of the original six, so my thought at that point was why not stand out a bit? Especially knowing it's a 4 door car. Anyways, I appreciate the information and I have already contacted both companies to get some hard copies of their catalogues. Call me old school or what you will, but even at 31 I prefer to have physical catalogues. I'm looking forward to all the knowledge I'm going to be learning!