Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1934 LaSalle old school convertible coupe build thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by F&J, Jul 10, 2017.

1. better to fix the pump than try to move it out back with the crawler.............you might just back over something:D:cool:

2. catdad49

catdad49

Frank, IMG_1146.JPG thought you'd like this. My Uncle Al told me that he sold Auburn's for a while. Found this in some old family pics recently. How 'bout that!!

3. F&J

F&J

Ok now, Ted...I do believe you told me at the Fall-Out show, that you really REALLy liked when I um, er, maker a slight er, um, error in judgement...oh shit, my gut hurts already tying to one finger type my hidden thoughts...oh, crap...here it comes.. in time for the :gift giving season" that looms dead ahead ....owww.. it hurts...

you know I got so, so very excited to go camping at farm shows next year, after seeing Kevin cooking beans and hotdogs at the Midway cruise on his model A motor...
    100_0841.JPG

Ok, so I then went through my stockpile or shitpile? of possible camping accessories... ahem... Ok, I recalled a new, never used Christmas "gift" in the box, a elecro-comical, digitally induced, shishbang camping lamp!, made to look like old time Coleman white gas mantle camping lamp??? Ok, I gleefully put the new D cells that were also thoughtfully gifted separately with this lamp! I push the switch, with such anticipations of childhood daydreams of... illumination!!! WTH? no workee, I test each D cell, perfect..I test what else I thought I could test.....Pics below were all taken way back THEN, not tonight!...note the antique alcohol wick type lamps I got one years ago and long brass one at Woodstock estate! Why deal with archaic fluid & flames? Dangerous!!!
    100_1451.JPG

^^^^^.oh, Wait!!, it must be held rock steady!!, if I am to get.... A Precise! diagnosis!

I decided to take a chance in using an old , unwanted, obsolete, wood working vice patented in '89... oh "not that old" you say.... well, I am embarrassed of my $5 poverty driven purchase, to admit it is 1889.. :( ..But!!, if I am so very careful? I will be just fine, I proclaimed!! Victory looms just ahead!!
    100_1453.JPG

^^^^ OK!!! I recall in my brain,,,, on FB!!! Catdad49 WARNED so strongly!! "Be Careful Frank!" as he cautioned my behaviors around such things as pretty women... I MUST be even MORE careful HERE, Carp !!!! We are talking CAMPING!!!

Just a tiny bit more grip....be carefull, BE CAREFUL, FRANK!...yes....it is fine.....I hear no creaking... I KNOW it will WORK!!!

100_1454.JPG

Ted, you shitstarter! I was getting so droopy eyed, heading to brush my 3 teeth to go to sleep so early tonight at 6:45pm ...Then I think, oh, maybe, just maybe, someone on hamb actually posted some reply...I doubt it, but just maybe someone cares for lonely old me... LOOK WHAT YOU PROVOKED!!, ted... (thanks! I needed it.) Now come rock me back to sleep with words of lullabys

4. F&J

F&J

Ok, that was a silly post to just get some smiles..BUT...when searching for older pics like those I saw this older pic of the Cord front fender tail on the driver side!! Boy, I just love that look, just like I had said on the ill fated 35 custom daydream ...That must be what inspired Kurtis to do the same "no running boards" on his old custom boat tail 1934 LaSalle..
    100_0710.JPG

Ok, 34 LaSalle was the ONLY year of that LaSalle fender tail shaped sort of like that, but it is somewhat muted by the running boards... I will look at the 34 Convertible tomorrow! I doubt I can lose the boards without a channel job... but I need to think this over good... Still would like to get going on the 34, but not end up with a stock looking 34 ! Thanks for hanging in there !

EDIT Friday morning.... As I mentioned long ago on this thread, there is conflicting information on the exact year that Kurtis did that Custom 1934 LaSalle.... Most words I can find, put the year at 1935 as the build year, so if true....E.L.Cord copied a customizer! Wow, I wish that could be proved in the future, if it was!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  5. F&J

F&J

Ok, Good Morning,Hard Core Kustom guys.. I did that edit this early morn... I have said countless times as to the value of each of us on earth to have a "quiet space" to sort stuff out, AND I also constantly admit that I AM a guy that misses the obvious.. bear with me here on another rambling post!

I went to see that "downsizing in life" old friend Bob P, yesterday. I worked with that Bob way back in the early 70s at 2 VW places, First was Ted Trudon VW, I was in the mechanics garage, Bob was 3 years younger, same HS class as my then GF, then to be wife. Ok, Bob was across the road at Trudon VW/Porsche BODY shop! Oh, he was a young newb like I was, but Bob came from brilliant parents, his Dad a high end engineer, and I do forget what the highly intelligent Mom did...Ok, Bob P. always had the need to customize things!...but he learned the tricks by watching a guy over there maybe a year or two older than I was...Pete M. Pete WAS already skilled and getting moreso as a "Advanced thinker" customizer! Wow, what these guys kept coming up with, ... with steel/welders, and most importantly, VISION.. (Pete & wife/kids moved down to Del/Mar peninsula, decades ago, after having/owning a custom van shop up here in CT.)

Ok, I sit this morning running those guys through my head... I did find Pete's wife's fb site by chance, and saw that Pete is retired and still looks great & happy with grandkids I assumed the pics showed. Pete is as big as that Woodstock Moose is! Ok, but where did Pete get the taste of Vision? ha, ha, from Trudon's then body shop foreman, Gene. Gene had to be in his late 30s? Gene had the spare "free time" as foreman to.... LOL..go creative on the boss's dime! Gene took a brand new wrecked VW squareback and a one year old wrecked Fastback, (or vise versa on years), he talked the boss into a "shop truck"..he, he... He made a VW T3 pickup, and I had never seen such craftsmanship in my entire life. There were no traces that is was a custom! Not one tiny detail looked less that pure factory work!

Ok, back on my 35 and 34 LaSalles... I now know for sure why I tried the 35 Custom. I wanted a channeled custom like that wicked awesome photoshop done on here by James D !! I also could not bear to see those rotted spare 34 convertible body parts be scrapped, and now, I just put it together.....I was misguided by "must not cut up MY 34" to make what I REALLY want! Ok, are you lost yet? Guys, I NEED to get Bob P here at my place when he can spare some "think time"! I need his wild uncontrolled ideas to flow for my 34!!! I will run through those "looks" I do, and do not like, of a stock 34 convertible! I swear, I may just "cut that bitch up but good!", but NOT without having Bob P there to do the blueprint in his wild uncontrolled brain!

Will it get cut? I do not know....Bob P will make THAT call!

I am 66 soon, I do not give a "flying F" about "hurting" a near "Classic" car. ... A classic is as defined by the Clasic Car Club of America. Oh, it should be on their list, as few know just how advanced the 34 LaS really was & is. The 35 was a downgraded ho hum car! All the mega$$ details $ bits were cheapened to the max due to GM "loosing their ass- profit-wise" by hiring that epic designer and letting HIM go wild! I will let Bob P go wild with MY 34 Las!

Am I dreaming again? IDK !!! I will let you all know as soon as Bob P. can get here for a SERIOUS look over! I WILL get the 34 into the only heated workbay as soon as I can, then have him just stare at it. :) Oh, I think he will love being able to run so wild again, now that he is in such a tiny home/yard/ and one bay garage of his new life! He won't be here working with his hands, but he will be creating another wild car...I do hope!

P/S, I did not take a pic of the only one car he now has to build...in that tiny garage....wait for it.... a 1980 Black/silver ROLLS ROYCE!! oh shit, he gutted that bitch but good, all the stupid HVAC insanely cluttered crap that can't work right, wires, engine control B/S, all GONE...Bare RR engine is now looking great and will run great "in the raw.......".Brake work with stock new parts he said are $6,000 to $8,000, so I then said "you gonna Bob P" them?_ meaning cut that jackass crap off and use normal brakes? >>> Yep!. he said!

chryslerfan55, MyCrustyVW and Hnstray like this.
  6. F&J

F&J

More elaboration as to what "I" want and NEED on MY 34! Ok, I need Bob's skills as to what can or cannot be done to get the looks I must have! I lack his visions as far as technical problem solvings..

Here are some pics... I MUST keep the looks of the back end of the 34 TWIN trunk lids, and those epic one-year only Bi-Plane bumpers and the relationship of the way the bumper tubes come out of the rear panel... This seems to make the channeling of the James D photoshop as impossible to achieve..
    DSCN0093.JPG DSCN0090.JPG

Ok, now look at the "nose" of the 34... I hated/really disliked, the tall mounted headlights...... right from the exact moment I first saw THIS 34 convertible way back inside the barn, it's nose was facing towards me... I recall thinking, "that is NOT my type of car".. !!!
    DSCN0095.JPG DSCN0089.JPG

Ok, now I was just back out in my "quite space" thinking on how could Bob P. save that rear end design with a channeling like I tried to do on the ill-fated 35 custom...???

Oh, I decided to add this post that moment, and I looked for these old pics... Oooops I went to another pic file location on my Laptop....DING... shit! ...there was the ONLY picture of "Rob from Tokyo Japan's" 35 LaSalle coupe...oh dang, that stock car is so sweet looking in this side-view-only picture that he sent me, as I was helping him get the much needed rear axle center gear section out to him!! See, I have been discussing lately with so many friends, about life seems to have some odd weird plan for us, with hidden signs along our journeys... I NEVER would have this pic to look at, if I never tried to help a fellow car nut! Getting that clumsy heavy part out to his other home in Las Vegas was a royal PITA! I made no profit for the time it took to get it shipped or the great help donated by "Harleycontracter" on hamb (my local friend Paul, the former UPS carrer guy as well as a home contractor that built the crate he knew wouyld be good to ship to Japan!)

Look at this F'n photograph! NOT channeled.. lol..but has a sweet "lower-sleeker than the 34" look! Bear in mind that the 1935 <<< LaSalle had new one inch ;lowered suspension components! and wait for it.... I DO have those 1935 components!! LMAO.. and I sure will lower it more than above,.... I already told how I can mod the 35 lower A arms so easily, AND just add lowering blocks on the rear axle/springs!!
    1935lasalle.jpg

I had done a "lowered headlight" mock up this early summer on the junk black rotted 34 LaS sedan that was then later cut up for parts! It looked soooo sweet, even my Son noticed I had done it!!! He said Oh YES! that is IT!

Ok then, I will get Bob to look at all the saved pics I have on my Laptop, and James D's photoshop, and then get Bob to verify my thinking... Toss the running boards if it is even possible without channeling? and lower those damn headlights for sure, add those type of newer fender skirts, as the 34 skirts had a hubcap mounted on them !! IDK, but I hope Bob can sort out the issues...Have a great day... I may not do much rushing around today, trying to beat the FIRST snow storm tomorrow??? ....um....er... I think I mentioned that "1970 vintage cutie" in the "plaid flannel shirt" that even "smokes occasionally, like me" a while back?? well...um...er.... I just happened to hear that she will be "around" a friends place today...he,he... I might just get the 32 Ford hotrod out and ...um...go for a little visit? LMFAO!!! I AM "a crazy f'er" just like my son said mid summer... Nicest thing he ever has said to Dad since he was born!>>> "Come here, give me a hug you crazy F'er"... :) Bye, ..oh, and "Carp", ...NO!!, I will NOT "be careful" today if I go visitin' today!! LOL!! (my gut hurts again)

7. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Frank,

Thanks for posting those photos of both LaSalles.....gorgeous automobiles they are!!

Enjoy your day and I hope the Sweetie shows up as expected...:)

Regards,
    Ray

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  8. F&J

F&J

lol, Ray, 9:445 here, sure looks like snow a comin' soon, to this old buzzard! Ok, I also found out in the epic ride through 2017....we can "try" to make plans, but really should know that "expectations often lead to dissapointments" (no twilight zone music here) ...Ok, I DID make the phone call this morning, to find out "hey, how many cuties will be there today?"...oh, oh, the 70 vintage one was there YESTERDAY, one day ahead of their plans!!! ok, then "what about the Brunette long haired goddess" I asked...oh, not till 6:30 pm...oh, I said, that is well past "oh-dark thirty"... "welp", no outdoor cutie pics, them smothering ME near the hotrod today....but do not feel sad and brokenhearted for poor old weathered Frank...he, he.. oh...I will chat at least 3 up when I run into each of them...perhaps even more... then, for the Christmas card to Hamb....oh , I cannot spoil the surprise gift, now can I ???... (enter that little shit-eatin grin here)... I am warming my hands up with (kidcambell71)>Jamie's choice of beverage (cofffffeee!!) down there in "Tejas" look it up, a complimentary word used by basdass flag wavin' Metal Detectorists down yonder..

ok, I AM cleaning up outside, & indoors in the new project room...and getting things switched into areas, both in and outside, to handle the coming snow layers ....doing that all right now today! Busy little crazy man... that I am.. Have more great smiles since we last posted!!! :)

9. F&J

F&J

good Morning it is...he, he.. A LOT happened yesterday, not only getting my entire lot and leaves ready for the "likely not gonna snow much a' tall" lol. I doubt it can do what they say on NWS weather site.... but if it does snow hard today, the Cord broken piston gets removed to show you guys the absolute worst piston design I have ever seen!

If it does not snow or if we get just flurries, the last rear lawn gets sucked off, meaning leaves you dirty old men! and... er, um.. women..lol

Oh, and get a load of this, O'dark thirty last eve, crazy old Dad fixed roughly 9 years of poor parental skills, and hot dam, we will never be out of sync ever again! ...oh, and two trips to 12 valve daves, 2nd trip was prompted by what I found on the first trip to drop off stuff he had left here in front of my shop..It was then I find out he was moving into his newest home that night, totally unplanned by anyone! 2nd trip was to deliver his first ever housewarming gifts from "Moi". Lol....."me awfully busy yesterday" for a beat up old crazy man...LMFAO

Ok, I have been up..awake... um, er, quite a while here at 6am eastern... watching weather radar on NWS, BUT I have also been fixated on many dozens of saved pics of the "ill fated 35 custom" details, as well as hard study of the Kurtis 34 Kustom details...Well, that cutting and mocking work on the 35 was NOT in vain, I will be channeling the 34! It cannot be avoided, to get the Kurtis "no running board" looks, but more pics of that Kurtis creation later in life when painted a lighter color, I see that the frame shows on side views, and I cannot have that,...so " that slight channel on the 35 ill fated custom" it is now needed on my 34!
    ls34kur3-vi.jpg ls34kurt-vi.jpg Willet-brown-1934-lasalle.jpg
    ^^^^Those aluminum? side steps ^^^ will not be used, I will follow the James D photoshop for a cleaner look without steps that really are not needed. Ok, This Kurtis 34 was not channeled, so is that why he added those chromed "filler?" strips under the fenders? I am not planning on using any strips at all, at this moment of thinking..

The 36 grille will be used like planned on that 35 custom, and set into, or "behind actually", that 35 grille surround, just like I did on the 35 mockups.. As I said long ago, the 36 grille divider horizontal strips "spacings", lend themselves to getting the exact amount of channel needed, yet that 36 grill will not look altered. (too wordy to explain, but the 34/35 grille simply will not work) The "longer" hacked up 35 hood sides will be once again used! The last issue; I really need Bob P. here to study my plans for the rear bumper issue after it gets channeled. Bob now lives SO close to here, that it will be so easy to get him here as I need help on that and any issues that pop up, or just more ideas! I can't wait to get something hacked the 'ell up, but I must take tasks/life "as it flows" now!

Ok the main point of this change in plans, a mild 34 custom to what I REALLY wanted of the 35 fail? Hey, it is simple, really.... I was trying to build what I wanted from "junk & useless car/or parts", but wished I could end up with a true 34 custom with the chromed low windshield and those 34 Bi-plane bumpers.... I finally woke up to the fact that I have NO obligations to be forced by anyone to make another stock 34 Convertible out of what honestly was a parts car project when I bought it. It is NOT a valuable car! it is rough body AND wood, so I am NOT destroying some historic artifact ( that purist restoration, number matching, thought pattern). "Cut 'em up!, screw 'em if they cry! " Ha, Ha...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  10. F&J

F&J

Sorry to disappoint, but I had to shelv the whole 34 project AGAIN... why?...because I did recall there were so many small but problem causing differences between 34 AND 35 sheetmetal, so I went out to the junked 35 project to unbolt the 35 radiator support and it's mating grille sheel.. I brought it into the "LaSalle Room" through the back bay door, then grabbed a 34 front fender to mock up and prove that this cannot go together UNLESS even more slice/dice/welding is done...making a long project even longer..
    100_1989.JPG

^^^the 35 rad shell lower curved part that bolts perfectly to either year fender... but wait...

100_1990.JPG

^^^ from the ruler tip TO the REAR, that curve that hugs the lower edge of the hood is ramped down more on a 34 fender! I knew that, but had forgotten it with all the chaotic stuff I have done this year!

ok, so, still wanting to keep this tread active for the crew here, I made a silly idea in my head... I actually started comparing two nice antique parlor woodstoves to heat this very "warm for that day" room.. It would heat up so quickly, and this room is miles away from my Oil Hot Air furnace at the very FRONT of this 90' long building. I knew it was a great place to build LaSalles, most all the "OK condition stuff" is in there, and then no need to constantly keep dragging the non-running 34 hulk to the main bay! I actually then tried to call a local young guy that does "stove pipe installs"..thank gooness he did not get back to me! I simply have so many other "fun shit" to do, I'm simply not getting buried on another insanely tough project car.. I am OUT for now, when will I do anything on the 34 and with what year parts?? IDK.. it is hidden in the future. I am back "elsewhere" on the net LOL... Bye for now, Fearless but no longer Frantic, Frank... :)

100_1991.JPG

11. F&J

F&J

Hey, a few here already know from MY fb account.... after fucking begging and being so nice to the whole medical side of a F'd up sytem//// I finally And QUICKLY GOT CORRECT DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT STARTED FOR HIDDEN LYME! Ok? why it took a dedicated Psychiatrist??? to find out from 4 tubes of DAILY bloodwork while I was in the Mental HEALTH hospital??, Not the medical hospital that had me first?? WTF??? Dr Sullivan, he caught the TWO DAY lyme flare up that CAME because I was stressed OUT, and that let my overtaxed for 20 MONTHS of fighting this bad form of LYME, I was stressed as I had a blast at that place and got SO well fed back up in weight!...and then I simply wanted to go home! My son was still out on Block Island till like 4 days more... but...I wanted OUT by the July 4th holiday which is what??/ huh? Ok, the Lyme popped up hard for those two days till my immunes killed it back one more time and several times since... I AM a bad ass mother fucker, OK? I will finally say it because it is true! I am gone from FB forever, it was deactivated at 5 pm tonight eastern, never ever going back...oh and I am gone forever from all car sites too! I did build threads on 4? car sites since 20 or 15 years??? I am done, I said enough, I showed enough, accomplished enough, to suit ME.. 2018 forward is all about ME, you can find thousands more men/women with MUCH better stuff that I can show, and you KNOW that... Let me have my life back...I turn 66 on new years eve...why did I not tell everyone like my pure shit ex-family that I AM OK WITH ME< IF NOT. FUCK YOU...and I finally did...they do not measure up to ME, never did, I know now.. Bye It was super here, no shit, as well as AACA, etc etc..but I need to be gone forever...lots of people did this already, as life changed, or needed to be altered by THEM.. see ya.. Frank P/S Hamb has no site to compare with, not even "close",... to the tools and software HERE,............ NONE will ever measure up! No lie!

biggeorge and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. catdad49

catdad49

Sorry to see you go Frank, but You know what's Best for You. Later(maybe), Carp.

13. Frank. Don't bail on us. Facebook sucks. I agree. I'll put my pants back on, if you stay. :) Your posts rule. Bringing stuff back from dead. Finding rare shit. Working the problem, as the problem worked you. New England hot rod scenes. Success. Always success.

Seriously. Your posts are a party, for this guy. I know I'm not the only one. Plenty of us in wonder. Maybe I'm the only one with the pants thing .... But HEY it's okay ! At least I'm honest. :rolleyes:o_O:):D

F&J, chryslerfan55, hendelec and 3 others like this.
  14. fordrodsteven

fordrodsteven

Damn shame! I was hoping to see the LaSalle progress. Oh, well! See you Frank and enjoy!

F&J likes this.
  15. Frank, I am so glad that you are now getting the treatment for Lyme that you need. Thank God or somebody for that mere fact after all you have been thru. Sorry to see you go from here as you are family to many of us and we will miss your comments and technical input. A man has to do what he has to do it is said, so be it. Good luck and be safe in your new journey.

catdad49, F&J, chryslerfan55 and 3 others like this.
  16. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Frank, though we have not met in person, I've come to think of you as Friend and have mixed feelings reading your post tonight. Happy that you have some insight into your medical issue at long last. Sorry you feel the need to leave this forum, but respect your right to do what you feel is best for you. Fare Well.....and know you will always have friends here to welcome you back should you decide to return.

Regards,
    Ray

catdad49, F&J, hendelec and 2 others like this.
  17. F&J

F&J

Oh, yea Jamie, you sure do get the "pants" thing...hey, I was so weirded out when you came on Hamb hardcore style, slamming likes all over the entire membership, including Me...weirded as your last name is the same as my ex whom I was with, as a couple, for 33 total years! But she went off somewhere, starting somewhere back at some point before I met her... cannot go deeper, OK?

Oh, and strange it is......now Jamie alone, who stuck his toe in that door, leaving a possible way to get back in here?

Who knows of anything carved in stone, in anyone's>> Future, as no matter how convinced that you " have all your ducks in a row"? , well nobody can really keep them that way! Momma Duck , ...she will tell you all exactly that!

Like I said dozens of times Jamie, Frank misses the obvious a LOT...so yea, YOU bad ass Tejan, ....you sucker punched me in the temple.. just like I asked my son a week ago... "did you ever get one? " he simply said "yea", which shocked me, then I said "hurts like hell, don't it!!"..he says "Yea, ...but you can't do that these days"...I said "shit yes, you CAN!"

ok, such cryptic words? from Graduate of Natchaug State Mental Health Hospital...? ..LMFAO... it means Jamie slapped me hard enough, to let it be known that idiot Frank cannot predict for SURE... if he is gone from here forever!! Hey, I even thought last eve,..."I cannot delete my account HERE or AACA"...wellllll, imagine THAT!! LOL, Bye for now, I cannot come back to check on comments, as I NEED to be free this moment! These replies from you all, are enough, damn well got your points in TO ME, for the entire Hamb union.... of badasses!! ....Rock IT Baby!!...and HARD!!

kidcampbell71 and catdad49 like this.
  18. F&J

F&J

One last post to show I still know what to say, and how to treat the Cuties,,,, happened just yesterday at one of the local auto parts counters... No f;n shit, a wild time there! I go in, see this TWIN to me nutjob counter boss who fucks with me harder that I can! I said some jackass thing that I did not get some point he said about a chain saw sparkplug I asked for... He then says something hardcore snippy (as fun) like " I never 'get' You",, Oh, the little young cutie that I can NEVER get even a piece of a smile, is standing right there listening... So Frank says "that;s becauaaaaaas" as I slowly but steadily am moving my head towards HER, I finish it just as we met SOLID EYE ball lock!... Beccausssss Just like a eveeeeerrry Woman , you never listen" OH f'g shit, she had that SAME icepick stare, never flinching...just like a week ago when I said "Marry me".....Oh, a f'n wildcat!!, a feisty one, TOO!! ..The little cute little junkyard wild kitty living way out back in that old wrecking yard>???? ..the one that you think you can pick up to cuddle so close to your face??? Oh, yea, you hold onto THAT thought!!

Bye, I will score one, at some point, OK? One who gets out of my wild f'n ride in my wagon with now only one working brake, rear tires splitting really bad now, ..she gets out and says "that's the best you can do??" Ohhhhhh...dayum...... :) .........here kitty.....come here, lil kitty...... owwww..my tummy hurts..bad!

but it was not done there yet,...that counter jackass friend says, as I pay up..."hey duck!!, they're comin for you again..." I turn around and NO SHIT, here is State of Connecticut SHERIFF in >Full Dress Uniform!! ...he is giving a snide smile at me, then says "we don't do 'those' house calls" How'd he know the CT State POLICE came and got me??? Oh, CT Sherriff's main job here in our State? They come knock your door to give you nice lil message of "Hi, you are getting your ass divorced",,,and... "here is your invitation to see da judge" LOL... I F'n love it here in my area!, everyone treats me TO a total whack comments!!!

catdad49 likes this.
  19. Take care Frank I'll mis the rants.

We are here for a good time not a long time!

So enjoy it all
    George

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

F&J likes this.
  20. catdad49

catdad49

Now, that's what I'm gonna miss! Not really a rant, just pure balls to wall, telling like it is, unadulterated, unfiltered, undiluted, get your feelings out honesty! If you Ever have the Need, pop in and say Hey, Carp. Oh, Happy Birthday!!

F&J likes this.
  21. Ha. I like to learn. The like button is a good way to support a thread, and what's going on, without me ruining a build with a bunch of "yada yada". I'm the quiet one, with his hand up teach'.

The last name part, who knows ? There has to be a connection somewhere. Everyone comes from a common counterpart down the line. If I ever see my 16th cousin twice removed, from Connecticut, I'll be sure to tell her she's an idiot. :)

You're a good man, Frank. You got it right. You help everyone, and have a good time doing so. This account you have here, is your digital means, of the same. Pretty damned cool, garage man, old school garage man.

Apologies for the Lyme disease, hope it gets handled. Not a pleasant diagnosis. The only thing good with a Lyme, could just be a Corona. Wish I could buy you one. ( I sneak one in, between coffees here and there. )

Take care sir. Your digital Texas parts hunter out. I do exist !! I wish I had something you needed. But you New England guys like to make your product from rusted 10% items that most people nationwide, would throw away. Pretty damn cool talents, you north easterners. Awesome.

Hnstray likes this.
  22. F&J

F&J

not sure what title applies to her... but....LISTEN <<<.oh oh..

She and I are estranged TOTALLY for not all of the time since 02 divorce, maybe around 04...me thinks..son is too, from his age... he says was18? ..., but Hey, when I just recently had 4 of the nastiest shit thowin fights ever, gonna smash him right through the f'n wall? Oh, big tall 180 190+? guy looks like he Sure KNEW I could do it right then? He is Backing away?????Lol, I am serious!..oh, but... he NOW...kinda . sorta, umm, er,..."lets shit out a bit".. :) ...Ol Frank likes to F'k with stuff, AND "other things"...Year ain;t done yet, you f;ers.. Read between dem f'n lines, Bye, Bye... :) I need to stop the OT stuff!!, but I had to put/add reasoning to Jamie's misunderstandings is ALL, OK? Not his fault, for SURE..This is a complex "build". yellow.jpg

hey lets go ON topic.... I need a woman, dammit...anybody know the tall cutie kinda behind the radiator ornament? ..got a number, or name? oh, nevermind, my new camper only has room for one person, and I am number ONE now!! ..I like being single in all ways! I like that yellow, mine WAS same color when new!!... IDK yet,. though!! because.....it is hidden in the "what??"... :)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  23. Budget36

Budget36

I'll be darned Frank!

To be honest, I kinda forgot what car(s) you're working on, but have always enjoyed your daily travel stories and pics along the way.

I'm gonna miss them and your stories. How about you just pop in once in a while and let us know how you and the gang are doing?

Have a Happy New Year!

F&J and Hnstray like this.
  24. F&J

F&J

LISTEN !!! << OH, ohhhh.... lol, no,,,>>>>..LM,M'r,F,AO!! I F'n made it!! I turned 66 today! The first to my knowledge...the first MALE on my paternal side...to go past age 65!! Man, or F,n A, MAN, you cannot believer the WILD ASS journey of 2017, that simply was SET by a simple demand to ME, to live the life I always should have...a life of full "Un-control",,,, which set somehow....??.... I did not understand THEN, set into my subconscious, to then run my total life...words and actions, here on the entire net and in real life!
    100_2200.JPG 100_2185.JPG 100_2186.JPG 100_2114.JPG 100_2184.JPG 100_2187.JPG 100_2240.JPG 100_2235.JPG 100_2311.JPG
    100_2132.JPG

Hey, keep it F;'n short FRANK!!... as one moderator from a long gone VW hotrod site, Pmed me 20 years ago!! He was teaching me HOW to be a better writer! Ok, My faithful, never ever failed to get me home on it's own, AND with MY F'n GREAT skill sets.. GOT TOWED HOME here mid day in a snowstorm,!!! , car died 40 feet from leaving my checking account bank, me seeing how "short" I was for bills! Oh Phuc yea, I sure did chat the bejeezus out of THREE banking Cuties! AND the cutest one, a financial planner? Grabbed her ear and WORDS as she left her last client out... Oh, baby I asked her about "who is the one group of customers that are 'relaxed' not all tensed up!" LOL, I won't say here! But hey, I did ask them all, that since it is snowing, and not many customers coming in before NOON close? Let's go tobogganing on that nice new hill out front... That gave me the "in" as my car crapped out, no fuel pressure to 1970 Bosch EFI, I needed them to call my son, to tow me! I have no asshole Cell, never will, as I hate to be controlled! All worked out fine, that big black 4 door K3500 longbed, fishtailin while hauling it home FAST and quickly!!, so Joe badass SON, and his/our badass/big boy friend Frank. could get back to ice fishin...oh, fishin' right near that nice lil hospital I vacationed at this summer...where nearing my release date of JULY THREE! I saw an American Eagle fly fast overhead of the sweet outdoor courtyard!

Ok, this morning status, Car is dead in lot, my drivers permit expires at midnight, going close to scary it may seem, in banked $$$ funds, shop has ONLY one heated bay, full of Model A huckster Mattress Truck! piled with so many cool eastate stuff for camping... Too damn much work to get the VW in somehow by myself today , Super UNUSUAL zero degree weather pattern with NO end in forecast, food supply ok for a bit, hmmmnnn , I feel SO F'n relaxed I could shit...but maybe later, OK?
    100_2346.JPG

Have fun always! F the way we were grilled to live life...I sure will..

Oh for two days now, took a beautiful fullest sun drenched large living room, was nearly void, NEVEr used by us for the 10 years here.. Changed it into the most insane room ever ..in my travels..still adding an cool ceiling stained glass Craftman Period light TODAY, get it working, then clean and place the REST of a huge long neglected antique toy boat collection ...LOL.. then I will take pics..oh, I have had "brain events" that may scare you, but totally OKed by my Docs, OK??!! I lost my camera about dec 23 or 24... I knew or thought I did...throw in woodstove like I did with my only CARD...a Debit card! just a week ago!.... Or, I 'Hid" that camera as it WAS running my life on the net for at least two years, noted of my sons thoughts and observations...nope, I move a two seat love sofa away from blocking one of three doors to that NEW room two nights ago, and there the camera was, where I did not see it as I LOOKED under there TOO! Give me time, I don't fn care if, or when, I put up CAR related. LaS related, 32 Ford hotrod related views of the entire room, Ok? IDK

Hey, I have been visiting a huge group of NEW friends, OK? A site of the former Mansfield Training School, a warehouse in reality for mental patients that cannot be out in our life! But most were closesd over two decades ago in our country! Here is Santa's workshop,, Sign in the actual place there mentally ADVANTAGED fine friends work is "STAFF ONLY".... but... you know ME!! I get in where I want!! oh, and the elder friend Walter, loves to say "OLD CAR?....OLD CAR???,,, I say YES, OLD CAR !! The STAFF LET me take him out to my car, he wanted to help me carry one gift baggie! No body observed us, walking away, past the gates... How do you think I feel? of THAT!! Yes, I asked him, please let me walk back with you Walter! He was happy! Other two smiley friends Matt and 41 year old Haquiem (sp)? both Gold medalists at Special Olympics... That "Big Boy" there said "I don't get any hugs at home" Yea, you are a BSer too! These guys hug the bejeezus out of anybody and you cannot escape!! No lie.. I hope I can get back soon! I WAS going to stop until My VW broke! The sign said Open, but no post holiday visitors... I will get back there soon..bye Hey I added these last WORDS JUST now, after I was tied up with door knocking on my back door, oh, Gene 80 and Bertie 77, bringing me a still hot..wait for it...Apple pie from my birthday...yes they were also good enough to me, when I asked if they could visit once with me at that gift shop! See ya's 100_2246.JPG 100_2249.JPG

100_2248.JPG 100_2245.JPG

I DO rock on!!! ....Ok?

..time for warm APPLE pie, you F'n posers.. lols

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    catdad49, tomkelly88 and biggeorge like this.
  25. Budget36

Budget36

Happy Birthday Frank!
    I'm sure there will be many more!

F&J and Hnstray like this.
  26. happy birthday Frank.
    is this considered CURBING your enthusiasm?
    100_2186.JPG

catdad49, F&J, Hnstray and 1 other person like this.
  27. F&J

F&J

can you believe that ONE of my "Sisters of the North Winds" (two real sisters that I knew way back, that are now both up in Vermont at and other is nearby, at their deceased parents old A frame camp that I, my later to be wife, and a few others helped build... One of these cuties said on FB, did you do that on purpose? ..and she said it was somewhat a bit funny that it happened in front of a driving school?? <<<Wemin!!! OH, I sure hope she is not on here... ICE PICK stares!! GALORE!!! OOOHHHhh my tummmmy is all hurtin.. BAD!!! ...lol..

The other Sis of her, is the one I spoke of on FB... I said "She, w/ LONG straight blonde hair as well as my GF, both are in the front bench seat of my one year old ORANGE Dart 340 4 speed 3.90..geared Swinger, Thrush g;lasspacks!!..On the highway Way up North,,, I see a National Guard CONVOY!! I get in behind one Deuce and a half with the canvas back roof...Those Guys were like F'n Drooooolin!! These two cuties had just taken their bras off without taking off their tight tee shirts!! WoWeeEE.. I hug the back of that truck so they get a F'n GOOD close look! LOL, I then wave, I yank it out to the passing lane, slam 3 rd..,,,BAM, GONE!!! :)

Ooo-Wow! That F'n FRESH Apple pie...holy cow~~~!!!... my son better get here quick.... :)

catdad49 and biggeorge like this.
  28. Happy Birthday youngster!!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

F&J likes this.
  29. F&J

F&J

thanks Georgie!! Hey you said "door is always open" at your shop.. I JUST got off the phone with Mary, I must have said something about her, here or aaca... I just ended the conversation by saying you can come live with me.... but I won't finish the whole sentence to keep some grins going..

Hey also I AM glad I am still young, as was told by my son, he knew the standard meds for Lyme WILL not work on ME, He is right! I feel it in my arms tonight, and runny nose a lot...it will need more aggressive treatments, perhaps the forever drugs... no biggie... Hey again, I just called one of My ex's Bro's, he says she was in a Hospital four WEEKS!! in later summer! Never heard it from anyone till FRANK asked the right person... Wow what a country! LOL.. I said to tell her to come here and I will hug you without notice, and if she hauls off and slaps my face wicked HARD...??? I likely deserved it for years!! Rock It I shall!! I may go after two tickle spots that only I know of, one on legs, one on middle area but not near "things", just makes her scream laugh!! Then go from there...maybe? get VW wagon going for her, a nice calm ride??? Oh Phuc Mi.. No I did not serve in V.Nam!! Ok?? But I learned the words.. Idiot central tonight, I tell you whut!!!

catdad49 and biggeorge like this.
  30. Larryboy?

Larryboy?
    from Isleton,CA

Happy birthday and a happy new year, Frank!! Really enjoyed the PM you sent me, made my year.

F&J likes this.