Register now to get rid of these ads!

The last Grasp Special '34 3 window build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whodaky, Mar 23, 2012.

1. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's another cover, featuring more '32s.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

chryslerfan55, 509garyd and fuzzybear like this.
  2. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

There's always something interesting happening at the South West Speed Shop. Spencer T and Jude are currently working on a make-over of a '32 5W, that a customer brought in a couple of months ago.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

3. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's a nice new cover and I didn't use a '32.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

4. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

I really like the roadster that I used on this cover.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

5. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Long before the days of The South west Speed Shop or The North East Hot Rod Company had even been thought about, one tended to create parts in the garages and sheds at home. That's how the Rea Weir Mumford #24 salt car came about. The track nose of which was made right here in the garage that has also now become the world head quarters of 'The Magazine Of The Mind Publishing Company'. Who would of thought, that from such humble beginnings something like that would eventuate.
    So as a small tribute to that history, a new/old cover was created.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

6. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

I met Brian Wright at Pleasanton in 1998. We had been to Bonneville for the 50th anniversary Speed Week. Brian sent me these shots a few months later.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

7. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

A while back I mentioned that Tony is trying to get Mark ( the owner of the trim shop where Tony helps out one day a week ) into an old delivery for the business. Here's another cover featuring what I know Tony would think is the perfect vehicle.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  8. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

After I posted that cover here, I get an e-mail from Spencer T at 'The South West Speed Shop'. He says, I know poppy Tony wants a hot rod delivery for the trim shop, but I don't think slicks and big sticking out chrome wheels really cut it for the street in this day and age. You know it won't only be Mark using it for the shop, it will also be the apprentice ( Jake ) and you got to know poppy Tony will grab the keys at every opportunity. An old hot rodder like him, wouldn't be able to help himself with that worked flathead and those slicks.
    So Spencer T told me what changes he would make so it would be a more user friendly shop truck.
    So here is the revised cover and delivery.

PS. At least the worked flathead stayed.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  9. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's one I have been thinking about for a while.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

10. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Another one for the track nose fans.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

11. micksmith

micksmith
    from australia

Neat 34's Geoff

chryslerfan55 and 509garyd like this.
  12. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thankyou Mick.
    Good to see you.
    To you and your family Merry Christmas.

Geoff aka whodaky

13. swifty

swifty

Hey thanks for the cover Geoff and the article about hopping up Plymouths is appropriate too LOL
    I usually check in every day but I would have worn out my "like" button as you've posted so many 32-5 windows lately.
    Swifty

chryslerfan55, fuzzybear and 509garyd like this.
  14. Wardog

Wardog

IMG_3361.JPG IMG_3363.JPG With the last week of work for the year and all that it brings I haven't been on the Hamb as much as normal. Geoff that green A is so good, looks like the North East rod shop have a keen eye.
    I've just returned from our annual family Christmas light cruise. Merry Christmas everyone and all the best for the new year.

15. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

image.jpeg War bulldog !! I need to get down to the northern hot rod emporium your littelins are operating in that neck of the woods !!need to do a bit of world class benchmarking. Special trip on the agenda. Whodack thankyou from the bottom of my hot rod heart for your special friendship, I will be there soon mate. Merry merry Christmas to you and wonderful sis Margret

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  16. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

image.jpeg Every Christmas to
    All

509garyd and chryslerfan55 like this.
  17. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thankyou Peter. I knew you would like that cover. As well as all the others with '32s on them. To you and your family have a great Christmas.

Hiya Wardog. They are great images of the crew from 'The North East Hot Rod Company'. It's good that you got the office girl into the shot as well. We watch all these hot rod building shows and the staff behind the scenes never get to share the on camera glory. I am sure the merry band of hot rod mentors are getting a laugh from my whimsical ramblings. To you, all your family and most importantly the crew at 'The North East Hot Rod Company' have a great Christmas. We all look foward to seeing and hearing the stories from up that way in the new year.

Hi Tom, good to see you.
    I haven't had a chance to get up into the hills to see if I can track down that mythical 5W. That is if it is still there or in fact ever was.
    It's always good to see an image of your roadster.
    I was looking at shots of it in the shed at Tyers the other day. Along with shots of when I built this garage over 20 years ago. Special memories of my dad, my brother, Garry and myself. I love this shed, it is my sanctuary, nearly all of who I am, is physically in here along with so many memories. A big part of all of that is this actual thread as well, I guess it exposes a side of me that not everyone I know, was aware of.
    Ah ha enough of that. It is a time of year for reflection I guess.
    Tom, to you, Natasha, Ethan and Jackson. The time you guys spent down here was special to all of us, it may have been brief but it was an important part of all our lives. Merry Chrtismas mate. From Margaret and myself.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  18. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's a cover that pays tribute to small towns everywhere, that have hot rodders.

Geoff aka whoaky

[​IMG]

509garyd likes this.
  19. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

[/ATTACH] image.jpeg Uncovered the old coupe today !

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  20. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Got this in the mail this morning, from the ' Crankster Kids'.
    On the back they mentioned stuff like marketing and business plans, they need to get themselves out there in the hot rod and custom market place. Geeeeeeez what have we created????
    I think 'The Magazine Of The Mind Publishing Company', might have to watch it's back. I hope they can't write imaginative short hot rod storys, like an unknown editor from down in 'The Valley'.

Great talking to you Tom, the rusty coupe looks great. I need to go and mow the lawns now, but I will see what I can come up with, using those 2 images.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Big Daddy Choppitt and Wardog like this.
  21. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Sorry guys

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    Stovebolt and 509garyd like this.
  22. MrZee

MrZee

Thst coupe is killer Geoff. Been a while mate, have a great christmas

Sent from my SM-G930F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

23. Wardog

Wardog

Geoff, great work as usual. You're photo chops consistently make me question whether I made the right choice deciding to start a 32 chassis for the coupe. Tommy, any time buddy. That coupe already has a menacing profile.

24. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

[​IMG]
    Merry Xmas.

25. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Hi Justin, I was thinking about you guys the other day.
    Yeah that is a great looking coupe. I think from memory I lowered and chopped it before I added it into the main image.
    Please say hello to your dad and Michael from me tomorrow. To you and all the family Merry Xmas.

Hey Wardog. Ah ha, maybe it should be, 'The Messing With The Mind Publishing Company'. It's all good fun and I am sure what ever direction your 'A' coupe takes, the guys at 'The North East Hot Rod Company' will keep you on track. Take care.

I was talking to Tom earlier on the phone and he asked if he should post some images of the rusty coupe. My answer was obvious. So I had to whip up a cover. One that tells the story of another couple of brothers who are venturing into the world of hot rod building with their father. So look out for hot rods and stories from 'Tommy Flathead and Sons'.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  26. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's a cover featuring a number of icons for those of us into hot rods here in Australia. Castlemaine, Custom Rodder magazine and a '32 roadster.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

27. Hurt me Tommy ha ha!!
    Looks Awesome my friend.

28. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's a nice roadster on an old cover.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

29. Merry Christmas Geoff and everyone else on here. That last cover with the purple 32 roadster is the perfect Christmas present....

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.