Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Rodder's Journal #77

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by town sedan, Dec 19, 2017.

1. town sedan

town sedan

It's always fun to get a Rodder's Journal in the in the mail. Today when I opened the package Mr. Postman left the condense started falling out. Picked up the poster and found a red roadster greeting me. Then I recognized the primer spots and said to myself "that's Gray's roadster!" A glance to the lower left confirmed it is the Baskerville '32.

To all of you waiting for your #77, enjoy it when you get it. For everyone else, sorry I've no camera to post a picture from. Maybe somebody with more technology than me will.
    -Dave

WDobos, LOU WELLS and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. Yep, I got it today and when I saw the poster I said I have to hang it in the garage!!! Did you look on the back of it?

3. town sedan

town sedan

Yes I did turn it over, eventually. It will make a very good piece of garage art.
    -Dave

BigDTexasKid likes this.
  4. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

5. Damn them,now I'm gonna have to bay another poster where I can display both photo's.

While I was typing a uniformed messenger of the post office handed me a white envelope from the Rodders Journal. HRP

town sedan and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. got my yesterday... the poster is great ! Going with Baskerville side !

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  7. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Hard to chose which side to display!
    I'd probably go with Gray's roadster though, because of it's history, as well as I also have a HR centerfold with the Cali kid on it already!

magoos, town sedan and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Got to get one. Both cars influenced me to get in this hobby especially "yer ol dad's 32.................I still miss his articles and ROD & CUSTOM mag...........

studebaker46 and town sedan like this.
  9. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

I like both, but got to know Baskerville, he used to hang out at my dragster to bs with gene Adams, and the current owners son I met and liked while he was with street rodder. I would have liked him even if he didn’t shoot my car.

town sedan likes this.
  10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got mine a few days ago and am thinking that two sheets of Plexiglas and a bit of wood would make a double sided frame to show both sides if it hung in the right spot.

11. Ha Ha ! don't be so torn it's just a poster..:p

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I figured I'd hang it from the rafter over the roadster I am building with the flathead six you gave me way back when. I should actually have time to work on projects real soon.

13. Waiting on mine but Manuel Reyes painted the flames on the California Kid and mixed the paint for my truck so I will be using that side.

Sent from my SM-G950W using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

town sedan likes this.
  14. badgascoupe

badgascoupe

Havn't gotten it yet,then again its Maine! lol

15. tractorguy

tractorguy

Easy choice for me.......remember it like it was yesterday.......coming out of well built up exit area outside of Reno in 2011. Had been from Wisconsin out to Oregon.....visited daughter.....went down into southern California to pick up a vintage dirt track midget project out by El Mirage......working way back home.....glanced at a red roadster pulling out of a gas station near the Reno area......it was Gray's roadster with primer or a perfect clone. What a finale to an awesome California journey for this midwestern boy......truly California Dreaming !!!

town sedan likes this.
  16. Still waiting by the mailbox here in Maryland.:(

17. ...and in Virginia. :(:(

18. ...got mine yesterday,...excellent as usual,..I liked the artwork article with the Mark Kawano art,...the Vern Tardel model A is fantastic, as well as the rest of the "book"....there's 2 foldouts in this issue and the free poster.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  19. town sedan

town sedan

The first couple days this week were a real pain in the expletive, so this was a pleasant surprise. I like the two sided framing idea, then depending on the mood it's either roadsters or coupes.
    -Dave

20. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Maryland (especially western Maryland) is the last place on Earth to receive their subscription copies.
    On a happy note,I have every copy.Still waiting on #77 tho....

21. ......................Jeeez, is that still part of the state, I thought you guys got annexed to West Virginia?!?!:D;)

LOU WELLS and town sedan like this.
  22. goldmountain

goldmountain

As for me, I'll wait until it shows up at the store. With the Canadian looney worth only 78 cents, two years costs me $127.92 whereas by subscription it comes out to $179.42. That accounts to one expensive poster!

LOU WELLS and town sedan like this.
  23. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

Hey guys,

We’re happy to hear that you like the new issue as well as our latest poster. This year our thought process for the poster was a simple one—what are two iconic hot rods that we would want to have on our garage wall? Gray’s roadster and Pete’s “California Kid” were natural choices.
    TRJ_poster_21_720A8886.jpg
    We know it’s tough to pick which side to display, but this Christmas we’re going to try to help make things a little easier. For the rest of the year, we’ll throw in a FREE Baskerville/Chapouris poster with every TRJ #77.

Our newest issue is filled with traditional hot rod and custom cars at their best. On the newsstand cover, we showcase the Mooneyham & Sharp “554”-inspired ’34 Ford built at Gas Monkey Garage and spearheaded by @Bass. For the subscribers, we have the historic Eddie Dye roadster in baremetal. (Jimmy White and the Circle City Hot Rods team are tackling the meticulous restoration). Inside, there’s everything from a tour of Vern Tardel’s early Ford goldmine to mild custom Mopars rolling on Astro Supremes. That’s only the beginning.

In short, there’s never been a better time to get both covers and spruce up your garage walls—or give a gift subscription in time for Christmas.

As an added bonus, you can use the code XMAS20 to take 20% off your order before Friday at noon PST. You can get all this and more here.

That’s all for now. We have to get back to reading about @squirrel's AWB Barracuda…

TRJ
    TRJ_77_IMG_2223.jpg
    TRJ_77_IMG_2222.jpg

HEMI32, slv63, LOU WELLS and 5 others like this.
  24. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian

anybody seen em on the stands yet? like barnes and noble? thats where i have to buy mine

town sedan likes this.
  25. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

It will be out on newsstands in the first part of January!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  26. 5window

5window

I love the TRJ (lifetime subscriber) and the poster is very cool-both sides. However, it is just a poster and with limited space in my car shops, I'd rather put real,tangible, old car related stuff on my walls. I'll put the poster in a file with the others, safe and sound. I mean, I just scored a gorilla head carved from a coconut with shell eyes at a Christmas gift exchange. How do you decide? Happy Holidays.

town sedan likes this.
  27. Where are you finding it for $15 an issue (they must be close to losing money at that price)? That was the price here when the dollar was on par. It's $20 minimum around here for an issue so for the $11 difference I just subscribe. It costs me that much in gas to go out and buy 8 issues.