Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Morris Minor Gasser build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by southcross2631, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

They do wonders now a days!!! My dad went through basically the same thing. Come by the trailer the next time your at a SEGA race and you guys can compare scars!!!! Get well soon, merry Xmas, happy new year ( I think that covers it!!)

mad mikey, loudbang and Fiddle Picker like this.
  2. Fiddle Picker

Fiddle Picker

Merry Christmas to you and your family Mike. We will be right here awaiting your updates and keeping you in our prayers. Btw, got your txt yesterday in the middle of a lesson so I couldn't respond, will keep those heads in mind. Thanks, Johnny.

mad mikey, Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  3. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!
    Could be hard to do but set back and enjoy the holidays.

4. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hang in there! Continue on with the build. You're gifted with your build skills and even if you end up not being able to drive competitively, you can still build, tune and find a driver. Lots of old car folks and activities in TN.

5. rgdavid

rgdavid

Never give up !! Continue building this marvelous car.

6. loudbang

loudbang

Hey that is good after your "Big Cut" you can join us in the "Chest Zipper" club :cool:

7. southcross2631

southcross2631

I always disliked tattoo's , but it may be a good time to decorate my scar . That will be coming.

8. Wow just saw this. Prayers brother and hang tough!

9. loudbang

loudbang

Naw women dig the scar they want to get all motherly and take care of you. :)

10. WillyB

WillyB

Had been away for a long while since my wife hit a deer and totaled
    our 2009 Focus... no airbags.. she's OK.
    I figured I'd see if you still wanted to part with that old factory
    aluminum SB carb manifold...
    And there's the car for sale and hospital ahead for you!!!!!!!!
    Hope all happens perfectly and you recover fast!!!
    Sonnee Hall of Southeast Gassers had a scary medical problem
    and survived it - he's now pulling gears again...
    keep the little Morris.....

Fiddle Picker likes this.
  11. Sonnee can be an inspiration to us all! Good Man, proud to know him.

sonic03bluegt and Fiddle Picker like this.
  12. Best wishes and prayers sent to you Mike. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Take care and take it easy. I hope you get to drive and enjoy your car, you have done so much great work on her.

loudbang and Fiddle Picker like this.
  13. cuzncletus

cuzncletus

I'm thinking a big, old fashioned Ford "V8" symbol tattoo'd on your chest would hide the scar nicely. Good luck on your shop hunting trip and hope you find one with a livable house on the property. Hurry up and move to Tennessee. I'm customer number one (again) to finally get my A-V8 to the finish line.

14. southcross2631

southcross2631

Got back from Tn and found 2 places that will work for us. Now just need to get my place in Florida sold and my surgery over with so we can get moved.

enloe, mad mikey, Hang'emHigh and 2 others like this.
  15. Don't let the surgery stop you from doing what you love,sure you will be down a while but not permanently.

Deuce Roadster (Randy Nash) had a heart attack anddied laying on the living room floor and was shocked back to life.

The doctors preformed 5 bypasses and he was down for a while but bounced back and continued to build cars for another 12 or so years before diabetes finally took his life. HRP

16. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Where are you looking at moving to? Kayla was telling me that she is looking forward to you guys being up here.

17. southcross2631

southcross2631

We are looking in Meigs or McMinn county. We saw some neat places in N. Ga also.

Fiddle Picker likes this.
  18. 40grit

40grit

If you move to Meigs or McMinn, I am just about going to hava a new neighbor.

One thing to bare in mind while you are looking is, Ga has an income tax, Tn does not. For some people that is a big financial consideration. For others, not so much.

Good luck with all the things going on in your life.

John

loudbang and Hang'emHigh like this.
  19. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

Yeah but sales tax in TN is crazy high as much as 15% in some places I've been. Georgia is 6--7% depending on the county.

loudbang likes this.
  20. cuzncletus

cuzncletus

By law, our sales tax is between 9.25-9.75 unless you're buying booze or shacking up with a hooker in a hotel room. Then it gets crazy.

Chucky and loudbang like this.
  21. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I am in Georgetown

loudbang likes this.
  22. southcross2631

southcross2631

The way my retirement is structured , Ga. state income tax will not affect my too bad. I pay it in ,I get it back at the end of the year. So it is a wash. There are some good deals around Blairsville, Ga.
    McMinn and Meigs county Tn have good deals also.
    Just need a place close to a parts store and can get UPS deliveries. Would like to be on a road where I can do test hits without my neighbors calling the cops every 5 minutes.

OahuEli, rawcjw19 and Hang'emHigh like this.
  23. 40grit

40grit

Just so long as you are making your decisions armed with all the information you need. That is what's important.

BTW CuznCletus is correct. 9.75 is the highest sales tax in Tn. Georgia has both sales tax and income tax. I believe Ga sales tax is 7.5 but not sure. I also think their gas tax is higher though it did not used to be.

Maybe someone from Ga will jump in and give you some facts instead of my opinion.

John

loudbang likes this.
  24. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

Was in Nashville recently it's 15% perhaps that's an additional city tax. But I guess we are getting OT

loudbang likes this.
  25. southcross2631

southcross2631

Yes, I agree . The car is on hold except for the guy who helps me is going to paint it soon.
    I am still buying the parts to finish my 289.

26. 40grit

40grit

I can't say somebody didn't rip you off but the sales tax in Nashville is 9.25. Nashville and Davidson County do have combined metropoliton government and very high property taxes though.

loudbang likes this.
  27. southcross2631

southcross2631

Do you believe in the power of prayer ? I am more of a believer than ever before. Went to my doctor today to find out when my surgery was going to be. She said that after the last dye test it showed that my heart was in the normal range and surgery would not be needed at this time.
    She asked about prayer and I told her she would not believe how many people had been praying for me. She told me that she is a praying surgeon and something told her to do that last test before she operated. She was as surprised as I was that all was well within the normal range. As long as nothing changes I can resume all activities within reason and they will run another test in Feb. and just keep monitoring from there on out. A great God we serve !

OahuEli, catdad49, 87notch and 20 others like this.
  28. doyoulikesleds

doyoulikesleds

That is a great thing! hope to keep watching your builds

loudbang likes this.
  29. That is good news!

loudbang likes this.
  30. 40grit

40grit

Several thoughts have occured to me.

First, I fully believe in the power of prayer and have also had occasion when I am convinced God has intervened. Those who are not believers will be sinical but it is good you posted and testified regarding your faith. Those who don't have the piece and comfort that comes from knowing the Lord need to hear the good news.

Congratulation on the good report! I had three stents in 2007. Told I had a 35-40% blockage in 2010. Three months ago, I had some chest pain and had a arteriorgram and was told my blockage had deminished to about 25%......The Dr told me my heart was healthy and to go home and get back to living my life. There has been no more chest pain!

BTW, When you get to Tn, I can recommend a good cardiologest! :)))

John

catdad49, Thor1, bchctybob and 3 others like this.