Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures The Cars of Perry Mason

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blowby, Dec 18, 2017.

1. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I'm betting all involved partys were well compensated.

2. RMONTY

RMONTY

That sort of talk would bring all sorts of accusations today!!:oops::eek:

3. yep...class act....my vintage girl luvs to keep me up to watch....not to hard to do....he's a class act...

4. HealeyRick

HealeyRick
    from Mass.

5. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Was a great series.Sure missed it when it went off the air.Mom and Dad sure liked it too.Remember Hamilton Berger,the prosecuter?Dad always called him"Ham Burger".
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

6. frank spittle

frank spittle

I have been a Perry Mason fan for years and have seen every episode many times although my parents didn't watch it when I was a kid.. I have always took notice of almost every car in the series whether it was new at the time of filming or a hot rod. I wish I had bought a bottle of Perry Mason wine when it was available.
    Speaking of Nomads there was a '55 used in several episodes but don't remember a '56 or '57 in any of them. Thanks for starting this thread.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  7. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Never got that one. To 98.9% of the population it's just a car.We sat on them when I was younger and I have no problem sitting on the fender of my own car to this day. Grant you,mine have almost never been show cars but neither have they been religious artifacts.

ClayMart likes this.
  8. philo426

philo426

I am pretty sure he had a white 58 Lincoln hardtop in one of the episodes.

9. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

I've been recording them channel 323 direct TV.

10. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Thanks for the straighten out. I've been wrong for years. Not just about that, either..
    Maybe it was a combo of denial, or shock.

11. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Lt. Tragg. Always great cat and mouse sparring with Mason.

[​IMG]

12. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

I think that they (Universal) more than took care of the damag to the paint, the dented grill shell, the squared off tires and I think a bent wheel??? Marty even has his a$$ on the fender here. ;). 94B3B78B-E49B-45AF-8F9B-F1A23B1782BC.png
    Look at all of this ink/celluloid and even what we’re doing right here. Pete’s Kid took a beating that most people would cringe over, but he’s stated that “he’d do it again in a heartbeat!!!”

Torkwrench, alfin32 and mad mikey like this.
  13. HealeyRick

HealeyRick
    from Mass.

That episode was on this morning. Here's a couple of screen grabs:

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

stillrunners likes this.
  14. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Watching 'The Case of the Impatient Partner' last night, and I'm thinking Drake's a big guy, move the seat back, your knees are in the dash! He's sitting even with little old Mrs. Temple, whose hairdo didn't survive the ragtop ride nearly as well at Drake's. A few seconds later he jumps out like he was shot from a cannon to chase a man. How'd he get out so fast? Take a close look and all will be revealed. Never would have bailed out of his old C1 Vette that fast!

20210108_220306.jpg 20210108_220359.jpg

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    Desoto291Hemi and mad mikey like this.
  15. Greg Rogers

Greg Rogers

Most all the shows back then had a contract with a car manufacturer to use their cars. Andy Griffith all you saw were Fords, Brady Bunch- Chryslers, etc. Perry Mason seemed to use all makes of cars. I also like watching Adam 12. Lots of neat old cars on the streets.

MO54Frank, Desoto291Hemi and egads like this.
  16. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

I don't remember the episode, but there was one that had roadrace cars. I think one of the cars was Old Yaller. When SWMBO was watching reruns a while back, I made sure if she saw that one to record it for me every time.

17. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Well no one mentioned it.. The T-bird he's driving has the swing away steering wheel, allowing him to exit with ease.

stillrunners likes this.
  18. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Cool shit! Lippy

19. spanners

spanners

Personally I always liked the truck he used in the Ironsides series. He wanted transport to get around and the driver 'hotted' it up a bit. As a young fella it always sounded cool

stillrunners likes this.
  20. Dangerousdan

Dangerousdan
    from Arizona

I love it when Lt. Trag show up. It's predicable.

21. Love watching the reruns on FETV when I am able to. The cars are amazing. When the show originally aired, I was just born (62) show ran 57-66. My parents watched it & I remember Mom telling me some years later that as a 2 or 3 year old, the dramatic music would scare me! :p

On a bit of a related note...For th elast several years I have been hooked on the Radio Classics channel on Sirus/XM. They play old time radio shows & I learned that Raymond Burr was a very big radio star as well. Ft Laramie is one of my favorites.

God Bless
    Bill
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

22. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Caught this one last night, thought it was a Stude but it's not. Finally found it, can you guess?

20210710_230928.jpg

Then caught this scene with a fan and hubcaps on the wall.

It was a wild and crazy night!

20210711_035221.jpg

stillrunners likes this.
  23. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

That show was such a great show. They just don't write shows like that anymore.. I also liked Naked City and Route 66. I remember them doing a Rt.66 show here in Pittsburgh. All there shows were on location and cost a lot of money to produce..

I saw almost every episode of Perry Mason, some of the cars I remember seeing were two Fuel Injected Bonneville's one a 57 and the other a 58, a 57 Eldorado convertible with Tri Power insignias, 63 - 64 Vettes, I know I'm missing a lot of cars but it's morning..

24. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Not to hijack the Perry Mason thread, but in this mornings (black and white) "Superman", ol Klark Kent drove up in a Nash Healey convertible.
    That's a rare one, especially for a light duty TV show.

Mike

Mark Hinds likes this.
  25. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hillman or Simca..I’m not going to google it. Just a guess from a long time ago.

blowby likes this.
  26. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Close but no Cigar.

jimmy six likes this.
  27. It's a Sunbeam.
    That Nash Healey was the personal car of ... can't remember the name of the actor that played Clark/Super. It was given to him by his (older) sugar Momma. REEVES! That was his name!
    OT, but who would you want defending you: Perry Mason or Matlock? (Matlock had better theme song)

stillrunners likes this.
  28. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Yep, Sunbeam Rapier. I would never have figured it out except in a couple scenes later Paul said "she drove up in a Sunbeam".

jimmy six likes this.
  29. Rand Man

Rand Man

Somebody probably already posted this, but back then, shows were sponsored by different auto companies, that gave them the cars for a certain season. For example, every character on I Dream Of Jeanie drove Pontiac. Every car on on screen in Bewitched was a Chevrolet. Each cast member of Bonanza drove chevies too, but only in the commercials. My cousin, Dan Blocker “Hoss” got a very healthy 427 Chevelle to keep.

30. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Anyone know the lyrics to the Perry Mason theme song?
    Sing it with me...

PERRYYY MASON! PERRYYY MASON...Perry Mason Perry Mason Perry Mason Perry Mason.....PERRYYY MASON!
    PERRRYYY MASON!...Perry Mason Perry Mason Perry Mason PerrPerry Mason...PERRYYY MASON!

Second verse same as the first...
    PERRYYY MASON! PERRYYY MASON...Perry Mason Perry Mason Perry Mason Perry Mason.....PERRYYY MASON!
    PERRRYYY MASON!...Perry Mason Perry Mason Perry Mason PerrPerry Mason...PERRYYY MASON!

Spooky and stillrunners like this.