Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods THE INDUCTION THREAD

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mad mikey, Dec 9, 2016.

1. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

chryslerfan55, mad mikey and loudbang like this.
  2. loudbang

loudbang

3. I am pretty sure Charlie Price at Vintage Speed has the adapters.;)

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  4. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2017-12-14_4-30-37.png
    Hello,
    Supercharged motors are something that we learned about, built, and experienced from back in 1960. Seeing photos on different race cars and hot rods always sends a chill to the arms. It is the look AND the sound from way back then, that has stayed with me all of these years. From the first fire up in the backyard garage to the first full throttle run, that was the way to go for us.

Those that have 471s and 671s on their motors today, create an envious feeling while the rest of us are looking at the hot rods. My hat is off to you guys... to us, it was/is the perfect set up.

Island Girl products had a Car Collector’s Kit section on their website, but at the time, we were not interested in those items. When we ordered some wax and cleaning products for another use, (for cleaning/ maintaining vinyl, fiberglass and white melamine garage cabinets.) their website was different. I never noticed the supercharged motor photo.

But, since we recently purchased some of their cleaning products…(those work miracles, too… The cleaning products take off the black streaks made by shoes, tires, road tar, etc. on different surfaces.) the emails have other eye catching product photos tied to your selections and searches.

This result is from a computer search that is similar to Amazon and other big name companies…If you search for product, those stay on the pop up ads on other websites visited…it is like someone is watching and following you around. Eerie...

We are on their mailing list for Christmas. The products from ISLAND GIRL can be purchased from various boating websites, boat supply stores, and real hardware stores in shopping centers. But, they are very fast as far as mail orders are concerned. Their customer service is top notch and delivery is super fast.

Jnaki

With all of their products and descriptions, they are in a very competitive market against the ever popular Meguiars, Turtle Wax, Griot’s, Armour All, etc. No, I am not a salesman for Island Girl nor get a commission…We like their products for all sorts of household, boating, and automotive cleaning and polishing.

The supercharged motor and cool carb set up? Hot stuff…

5. 1940Willys

1940Willys

From Chrr 2015 DSCN2361.JPG DSCN2520.JPG

1947knuck, Stebo27, enloe and 6 others like this.
  6. 1940Willys

1940Willys

7. ^^^^Great shots.^^^^

loudbang likes this.
  8. 1940Willys

1940Willys

9. 1940Willys

1940Willys

10. 1940Willys

1940Willys

Need Induction? We have Induction! DSCN5150.JPG DSCN5156.JPG DSCN5157.JPG

1947knuck, Stebo27, enloe and 7 others like this.
  11. fol

fol

12. loudbang

loudbang

Dandy Dick Landy.

They say long stacks for automatics to help off line. Short stacks for manuals to help top end

Landy-15.jpg

Landy-16.jpg

Landy-17.jpg

13. loudbang

loudbang

14. ^^^^^DAMN^^^^^:cool::cool:

chryslerfan55, Deuces and loudbang like this.
  15. loudbang

loudbang

16. loudbang

loudbang

17. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

Loudbang or anyone else have info on the 32 in the background?? just wondering if it's perhaps a coupester. i've got a coupester with a 1960 homebuilt title that had fenders (Im assuming) sheet metal screwed onto the wheel wells. I found red and black paint on it. doors tack welded shut with lower hinge and door handle still on it. looks to have been channeled. mid Atlantic coast car.

18. loudbang

loudbang

Go to here: https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/comp-coupes-all-but-forgotten.1014604/page-6

post 166 and one of our members brother was the owner of the yellow one maybe he knows about the roadster.

19. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

chryslerfan55, loudbang and mad mikey like this.
  20. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

thanks loudbang, shot him a message.
    on a side note I was in here looking for pictures of blower manifolds. building my own manifold for a flathead street motor.
    long runners or short runner to open plenum??
    i'm thinking on the street that runners will help with low end torque especially since I won't have much boost at all until i'm heavy on the throttle??